ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Basketball

Robbinsville couldn’t throw it in the ocean until the 4th quarter. Pretty sure they had 16 points at halftime. Ended up losing 66-52. The majority of their points came in the 4th quarter and they had narrowed it to single digits before I left. Swain played very good defense but I doubt Robbinsville has a shooting performance like that again.
Andrews has Swain at home Friday

SMC boys standings
Robbinsville 3-1 lost to swain
Andrews 3-1 lost to Robbinsville
Cherokee 2-2 ost to Andrews, Murphy
Murphy 2-2 losses to Robbinsville & Andrews
Swain 2-2 losses to Cherokee & Murphy
Hayesville 0-4 losses to Robbinsville, Cher. Swain & Andrews

SMC girls
Cherokee 4-0
Hayesville 3-1 lost to Cherokee
Andrews 2-2 lost to Cherokee, Hayesville
Robbinsville 2-2 losses to Andrews and Hayes.
Swain 1-3 losses to Cherokee, Robb. & Hayesville
Murphy 0-4 losses to Andrews., Robbinsville Swain & Cherokee.

Again, I believe this is correct.
Hayesville much better than their record shows

Reactions: recycled2
Things are getting real in the SMC Boys conference. 5 teams with 2 conference losses and Hayesville is playing everyone to the wire and could easily make a run. Every game has big implications for Conference Championship

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Robbinsville has got to utilize their size and start playing inside out. This is the 2nd game in a row where we have tried to rely on outside shooting to win and both times we have got down by 18+. Then in the 4th quarter, they start putting pressure with full court press and playing inside out and bring it back to single digits but it’s too late. We start having to foul and end up losing by 12-15 points due to foul shots.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Robbinsville has got to utilize their size and start playing inside out. This is the 2nd game in a row where we have tried to rely on outside shooting to win and both times we have got down by 18+. Then in the 4th quarter, they start putting pressure with full court press and playing inside out and bring it back to single digits but it’s too late. We start having to foul and end up losing by 12-15 points due to foul shots.
Robbinsville is the only team I haven’t seen yet but they come to Andrews next week. Looking at the schedules Cherokee has the rest of their conference games at home so that’s a big plus for them

Reactions: therealsquid
SMC boys standings
Robbinsville 3-2 lost to swain & Cherokee
Andrews 3-2 lost to Robbinsville, Swain
Cherokee 3-2 ost to Andrews, Murphy
Swain 3-2 losses to Cherokee & Murphy
Hayesville 0-5 losses to Robbinsville, Cher. Swain, Murphy & Andrews

SMC girls
Cherokee 5-0
Hayesville 4-1 lost to Cherokee
Andrews 2-3 lost to Cherokee, Hayesville, Swain
Robbinsville 2-3 losses to Andrews, Cherokee and Hayes.
Swain 2-3 losses to Cherokee, Robb. & Hayesville
Murphy 0-5 losses to Andrews., Robbinsville, Hayesville Swain & Cherokee.

Again, this is hopefully correct. I have not seen a definite final for Swain-Andrews girls.

SMC boys standings
Robbinsville 3-2 lost to swain & Cherokee
Andrews 3-2 lost to Robbinsville, Swain
Cherokee 3-2 ost to Andrews, Murphy
Swain 3-2 losses to Cherokee & Murphy
Hayesville 0-5 losses to Robbinsville, Cher. Swain, Murphy & Andrews

SMC girls
Cherokee 5-0
Hayesville 4-1 lost to Cherokee
Andrews 2-3 lost to Cherokee, Hayesville, Swain
Robbinsville 2-3 losses to Andrews, Cherokee and Hayes.
Swain 2-3 losses to Cherokee, Robb. & Hayesville
Murphy 0-5 losses to Andrews., Robbinsville, Hayesville Swain & Cherokee.

Again, this is hopefully correct. I have not seen a definite final for Swain-Andrews girls.
Swain girls won by around 30

Braves Win a close one against Andrews tonight 78 - 70 had to come back from being down 17 at halftime
Lady braves won by 52

SMC boys standings
Robbinsville 4-2 lost to swain & Cherokee
Cherokee 4-2 lost to Andrews, Murphy
Swain 4-2 losses to Cherokee, Murphy
Andrews 3-3 lost to Robbinsville, Swain, Cher
Murphy 3-3 losses to Robbinsville(2) & Andrews
Hayesville 0-6 losses to Robbinsville, Cher. Swain (2), Murphy & Andrews

SMC girls
Cherokee 6-0
Hayesville 5-1 lost to Cherokee
Robbinsville 3-3 losses to Andrews, Cherokee and Hayes.
Andrews 2-4 lost to Cherokee(2), Hayesville, Swain
Swain 2-4 losses to Cherokee, Robb. & Hayesville(2)
Murphy 0-6 losses to Andrews., Robbinsville(2), Hayesville Swain & Cherokee

Again I believe these are correct.

SMC boys standings
Robbinsville 4-2 lost to swain & Cherokee
Cherokee 4-2 lost to Andrews, Murphy
Swain 4-2 losses to Cherokee, Murphy
Andrews 3-3 lost to Robbinsville, Swain, Cher
Murphy 3-3 losses to Robbinsville(2) & Andrews
Hayesville 0-6 losses to Robbinsville, Cher. Swain (2), Murphy & Andrews

SMC girls
Cherokee 6-0
Hayesville 5-1 lost to Cherokee
Robbinsville 3-3 losses to Andrews, Cherokee and Hayes.
Andrews 2-4 lost to Cherokee(2), Hayesville, Swain
Swain 2-4 losses to Cherokee, Robb. & Hayesville(2)
Murphy 0-6 losses to Andrews., Robbinsville(2), Hayesville Swain & Cherokee

Again I believe these are correct.
Thanks ! Looks good. I can’t recall a time when the boys were all evenly matched. Of course I’m old and can’t recall much of anything anymore

SMC boys standings
Robbinsville 5-2 lost to swain & Cherokee
Cherokee 5-2 lost to Andrews, Murphy
Swain 5-2 losses to Cherokee, Murphy
Andrews 3-4 lost to Robbinsville(2), Swain, Cher
Murphy 3-4 losses to Robbinsville(2) Swain & Andrews
Hayesville 0-7 losses to Robbinsville, Cher.(2) Swain (2), Murphy & Andrews

SMC girls
Cherokee 7-0
Hayesville 5-2 lost to Cherokee(2)
Robbinsville 4-3 losses to Andrews, Cherokee and Hayes.
Andrews 2-5 lost to Cherokee(2), Hayesville, Swain, Robbinsville
Swain 3-4 losses to Cherokee, Robb. & Hayesville(2)
Andrews 2-5 lost to Cherokee(2) Robb, Hayesville and Swain
Murphy 0-7 losses to Andrews., Robbinsville(2), Hayesville Swain(2) & Cherokee

again, I believe these to be correct.

The braves lost to Murphy last night
And Robbinsville Robbinsville lost to Swain. Three way tie for first right now and Cherokee has Robbinsville at home Tuesday

So if swain is tied with robbinsville vs Cherokee winner who gets 1 seed? Conference tournament tie breaker? Or would swain get 1 seed if robbinsville wins BC swain swept robbinsville this year... And if Cherokee beats robbinsville Cherokee gets 1 seed since they swept swain this year?

The braves lost to Murphy last night
And Robbinsville Robbinsville lost to Swain. Three way tie for first right now and Cherokee has Robbinsville at home Tuesday
Are brave games still broadcast on gwysports on YouTube?

Reactions: therealsquid
Anyone know how the swain vs Cherokee robbinsville tiebreaker for 1st place seeding will go?

as of today: Record and who's left to play
ROBBINSVILLE 6-3 vs Cherokee
SWAIN COUNTY 6-3 vs Andrews
CHEROKEE 6-3 vs Robbinsville
ANDREWS 5-4 vs Swain County
MURPHY 4-5 vs Hayesville
HAYESVILLE 0-9 vs Murphy
============================
Robbinsville 6-3 lost to swainX2 , Cherokee
Cherokee 6-3 lost to Andrews, MurphyX2
Swain 6-3 lost to CherokeeX2 , Murphy
==================================

4.1.11 Tiebreaking Procedure - All parts of this procedure are mandatory. The steps should be followed in theorder as they appear in the procedure.(a) Determining Conference Standings - These rules apply for determining the final regular seasonstandings in any sport in which a conference awards its conference championship on the basis ofregular season competition.(1) The conference standings shall be determined on the basis of the percentage of conferencegames won by each team at the end of the regular season, based on conference regulationsand subject to the tiebreaking procedure which follows. The team finishing in first placeshall be recognized as the conference champion; if a tie exists for first place, then conferenceco-champions, tri-champions, etc., shall be declared.(2) If two or more teams have equal conference percentages at the end of the season, the teamthat has the edge in head-to-head competition will get the higher place in the standings. All conference games played against each other would count in the head-to-head competition. The intent is to break the tie by using the tied teams.
Too many scenarios to determine outcome of conference #1 seed. I'll know more after Feb.13th games.

Last edited:
as of today: Record and who's left to play
ROBBINSVILLE 6-3 vs Cherokee
SWAIN COUNTY 6-3 vs Andrews
CHEROKEE 6-3 vs Robbinsville
ANDREWS 5-4 vs Swain County
MURPHY 4-5 vs Hayesville
HAYESVILLE 0-9 vs Murphy
============================
Robbinsville 6-3 lost to swain , Cherokee X2
Cherokee 6-3 lost to Andrews, MurphyX2
Swain 6-3 lost to CherokeeX2 , Murphy
==================================

4.1.11 Tiebreaking Procedure - All parts of this procedure are mandatory. The steps should be followed in theorder as they appear in the procedure.(a) Determining Conference Standings - These rules apply for determining the final regular seasonstandings in any sport in which a conference awards its conference championship on the basis ofregular season competition.(1) The conference standings shall be determined on the basis of the percentage of conferencegames won by each team at the end of the regular season, based on conference regulationsand subject to the tiebreaking procedure which follows. The team finishing in first placeshall be recognized as the conference champion; if a tie exists for first place, then conferenceco-champions, tri-champions, etc., shall be declared.(2) If two or more teams have equal conference percentages at the end of the season, the teamthat has the edge in head-to-head competition will get the higher place in the standings. All conference games played against each other would count in the head-to-head competition. The intent is to break the tie by using the tied teams.
Too many scenarios to determine outcome of conference #1 seed. I'll know more after Feb.13th games.
Robbinsville has actually lost to Swain twice and Cherokee once.

So you are the dictator of the board and if someone says something you don't like you delete there post and threaten to ban them?

Rule #13: Moderators retain the right to ban users that violate the rules above, and ban users they determine are consistently trying to be a detriment to the overall community. All takedowns or moderated posts are considered direct violations of these policies and will be considered final. Re-posting of deleted content is not allowed. By subscribing, registering or using the sites, you agree that Rivals and or the publisher(s) and board moderators of the sites have the right, in addition to other rights, to delete your posts or blacklist you or any other user at any time, if they believe that action is in the best interest of the sites, for whatever reason, and the reason need not be disclosed here.

Last edited:
Sorry i am late with this, I have been on "vacation".

SMC boys standings
Robbinsville 6-3 lost to swain (2)& Cherokee
Cherokee 6-3 lost to Andrews, Murphy(2)
Swain 6-3 losses to Cherokee,(2) Murphy
Andrews 5-4 lost to Robbinsville(2), Swain, Cher
Murphy 4-5 losses to Robbinsville(2) Swain & Andrews(2)
Hayesville 0-9 losses to Robbinsville(2), Cher.(2) Swain (2), Murphy & Andrews(2)

SMC girls
Cherokee 9-0
Hayesville 7-2 lost to Cherokee(2)
Robbinsville 5-4 losses to Andrews, Cherokee and Hayes.(2)
Swain 3-6 losses to Cherokee,(2) Robb(2). & Hayesville(2)
Andrews 3-6 lost to Cherokee(2) Robb, Hayesville (2)and Swain
Murphy 0-9 losses to Andrews.(2), Robbinsville(2), Hayesville Swain(2) & Cherokee(20

again, I believe these to be correct.

In the boys Conference tournament Murphy will be the #5 seed and Hayesville #6 seed. Everything else TBD.

the girl's is set:
Cherokee #1
Hayesville #2
Robbinsville #3
winner of Swain=Andrews #4
loser of Swain-Andrews #5
Murphy #6

Thursday should be a rematch of Swain/Andrews , the winner gets Cherokee Monday.
Friday should be Robbinsville/Murphy, the winner gets Hayesville on Tuesday
this is assuming the conference doesn't change the format.

Last edited:
Blackcat has turned it off by now LOL... Lady braves are real good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT