ADVERTISEMENT

Round 4 - Draughn @ Andrews

Who wins this game?

• Draughn

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Andrews

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
What I really enjoyed last night was the setting. It's great to go to a game at a real community school where the school is just a part of the neighborhood. There are other places where you can still see this (Hickory and Newton-Conover are examples from around here) but when you can look out from the stadium and see someone's house it really feels like the school is integral to the neighborhood, somehere that you can live and your kids can just walk back and forth to school. I know that Cherokee county is planning to consolidate their schools and I know there are probably advantages to that, but I think this is something the people in Andrews are going to miss.

You just spilled the beans. Lol. Like I said. All the athletes didn’t like Freedom so they moved to Draughn. Like BK13 said. It’s truly All County 2A
Congrats on the year. Hoping my sons college offers Weaver. I tweeted some Twitter stuff to his coaches. Coach Fox at Maryville College is a really good coach. His last year recruiting class was really good.

Welcome aboard Andrews you are the latest 1a team to be cheated out of a possible ship by the nchsaa and 2a size school
You had a good team you proved that by winning the smc
Next week Rosewood will be the last 1a team knocked out by a 2a sized school
Congratulations nchsaa
Last I checked it’s 11 against 11 y’all people play into the the population of the schools to much, fact of it is y’all got beat by the better team move on to basketball and be happy

Last I checked it’s 11 against 11 y’all people play into the the population of the schools to much, fact of it is y’all got beat by the better team move on to basketball and be happy
When you have 600 kids to pull from, the likelihood of your 11 being better than the 11 from a school of 200 is high. More kids= more athletes. More athletes= stronger teams. It is kind of like recruiting in college football. If you have 20 five stars, your obviosuly more talented than a team with 5 five stars. They still only play 11 at a time but one team has 11 five star players playing at a time against your 5….

You really don’t have a clue do you. What a ignorant statement. What if you were still a 2A school and playing a 3A would you be saying the same thing. No you wouldn’t

You really don’t have a clue do you. What a ignorant statement. What if you were still a 2A school and playing a 3A would you be saying the same thing. No you wouldn’t
Our conference is a 1A /2A split and we blew out both 2A teams. To be honest I think we would give a good 2A program a game. Use that loss as a tool to get better and develop in the offseason. Look what 365 days did for draughn.

You really don’t have a clue do you. What an ignorant statement. What if you were still a 2A school and playing a 3A would you be saying the same thing. No you wouldn’t
Yea actually I would cause it’s 11 against 11 you wasn’t saying last week when y’all said y’all would blow Draughn out lol, take your loss and be happy, you will be 2a soon enough when you get your new school

When you have 600 kids to pull from, the likelihood of your 11 being better than the 11 from a school of 200 is high. More kids= more athletes. More athletes= stronger teams. It is kind of like recruiting in college football. If you have 20 five stars, you’re obviosuly more talented than a team with 5 five stars. They still only play 11 at a time but one team has 11 five star players playing at a time against your 5….
Tell app state that I’m pretty sure Texas a&m had more 5 stars then app but app won just admit the better team won regardless, y’all had no issues beating bigger schools all year y’all just ran into a better team in the 4th round that’s nothing to be ashamed of

When you have 600 kids to pull from, the likelihood of your 11 being better than the 11 from a school of 200 is high. More kids= more athletes. More athletes= stronger teams. It is kind of like recruiting in college football. If you have 20 five stars, your obviosuly more talented than a team with 5 five stars. They still only play 11 at a time but one team has 11 five star players playing at a time against your 5….
Please don't try to explain common sense on this site.

Tell app state that I’m pretty sure Texas a&m had more 5 stars then app but app won just admit the better team won regardless, y’all had no issues beating bigger schools all year y’all just ran into a better team in the 4th round that’s nothing to be ashamed of
It goes without saying that better teams can lose. They aren’t invincible. But they should win. Texas AM should beat app 99.9 times out of 100. I absolutely love how Draughn makes a deep playoff run and now all their fans come out of their parents basement. Get your little digs in while you still can. SMC out for blood next year against Draughn.

Yea actually I would cause it’s 11 against 11 you wasn’t saying last week when y’all said y’all would blow Draughn out lol, take your loss and be happy, you will be 2a soon enough when you get your new school
Trust me I sure didn’t say it !! I never have and never will overlook any team. All any traditional 1A school wants is a level playing field.

There won’t be a new school. And if there is, that school will be a football juggernaut.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
The new school won’t happen.
Why?
And are most the Cherokee county guys on here for or against it?
I've seen some Murphy folks say that the school building is crumbling and sounds like sports aside would be the best thing for the kids pulling the whole county's resources. But I didn't realize that there were people who was so against that they made a Facebook page for Cherokee county residences against the consolidation plan, one guy compared it to Nazi fascism trying to destroy small communities.

Last edited:
Why?
And are most the SMC guys on here for or against it?
I've seen some Murphy folks say that the school building is crumbling and sounds like sports aside would be the best thing for the kids pulling the whole county's resources. But I didn't realize that there were people who was so against that they made a Facebook page for Cherokee county residences against the consolidation plan, one guy compared it to Nazi fascism trying to destroy small communities.
Most of the people that are against it are either sports related or travel related because of the location. I am for it because the schools are falling in and I think it will give the kids a better academic shot. Right now we have situations of history teachers having to teach math or vice versa because they are so thin trying to accommodate all the schools. In my opinion most people are letting school pride and politics get n the way of the kids. Just my opinion

It goes without saying that better teams can lose. They aren’t invincible. But they should win. Texas AM should beat app 99.9 times out of 100. I absolutely love how Draughn makes a deep playoff run and now all their fans come out of their parents basement. Get your little digs in while you still can. SMC out for blood next year against Draughn.
Tell your county to quit crying about building a new school with Murphy and just do it and maybe you would have a better showing against teams off the mountain

Tell your county to quit crying about building a new school with Murphy and just do it and maybe you would have a better showing against teams off the mountain
Yeah this is a dumb post. The championship history of the SMC speaks for itself. And no I didn’t go to SMC school. I guess East Burke Cavaliers get to enjoy Draughn successful season.

Reactions: Swain97
SMC can be out for blood but I hope they leave their excuses in the mountains. I swear I saw the spirit of SMC leave the stadium last night after draughn went up 14.

Reactions: Jmappfan5
Yeah this is a dumb post. The championship history of the SMC speaks for itself. And no I didn’t go to SMC school. I guess East Burke Cavaliers get to enjoy Draughn successful season.
Maybe when y’all combine y’all can compete with the “Flat-landers”.

• Wow
Reactions: BK13T-$
Maybe when y’all combine y’all can compete with the “Flat-landers”.
I guess you missed the part of where I didn’t go to a SMC. Heck you don’t even know where you live. It’s called the Foothills for a reason.

I guess you missed the part of where I didn’t go to a SMC. Heck you don’t even know where you live. It’s called the Foothills for a reason.
No. Mitchell and a few other groups said the Flatlanders didn’t need to be in the WHC a few weeks ago after we beat them the first time. That’s where the FLATLANDERS Term comes from . You have to catch up lmao

Reactions: swatz19
Trust me I sure didn’t say it !! I never have and never will overlook any team. All any traditional 1A school wants is a level playing field.
Then your argument should be with the NCHSAA...not individual member schools. Besides if Andrew's would have beat Draughn last night, would you guys be complaining at how many kids go to Draughn? No...you would be in here talking smack about how you beat a bigger school. You guys had a great year. Enjoy that and celebrate your kids and their accomplishments. All of your complaining defaces the value of those kids and the hard work they put in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT