ADVERTISEMENT

Round 4 - Draughn @ Andrews

Who wins this game?

• Draughn

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Andrews

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Pay him no mind. He doesn’t recognize a good team if it hit him in the face. He’s gave little to no credit to Andrews.
Can’t wait until Draughn meets up with a strong Robbinsville, Murphy, or Swain in the playoffs lol. No offense to Andrews. They were an excellent team and had a great year, but they haven’t been there before (since the 60s at least) and just haven’t learned yet how to finish off a great season with a state title. Not the case with the SMC big 3. It will happen (Draughn meeting up with one of them) one day if Draughn stays in 1a long enough.

Watch out they go I ng to go get one of their big brothers to take up for them. Great way to go grade all the success that Andrews had this year. Congratulations Andrews on an outstanding year.

Tell your county to quit crying about building a new school with Murphy and just do it and maybe you would have a better showing against teams off the mountain
You’re a moron. Draughn beat 1 SMC team. Let me let you in on a little secret. Most years, your little Draughn team would get steamrolled by a top tier SMC team. If you’re so confident, put Murphy or Robbinsville on your schedule. You’ll shut up real quick.

Can’t wait until Draughn meets up with a strong Robbinsville, Murphy, or Swain in the playoffs lol. No offense to Andrews. They were an excellent team and had a great year, but they haven’t been there before (since the 60s at least) and just haven’t learned yet how to finish off a great season with a state title. Not the case with the SMC big 3. It will happen (Draughn meeting up with one of them) one day if Draughn stays in 1a long enough.
You ain’t kidding. Some of these Murphy, Swain and Rville teams would have beat that team by 60.

You’re a moron. Draughn beat 1 SMC team. Let me let you in on a little secret. Most years, your little Draughn team would get steamrolled by a top tier SMC team. If you’re so confident, put Murphy or Robbinsville on your schedule. You’ll shut up real quick.
Didn’t andrews kill Murphy 2 times this year?? I could care less what happened in years past, when y’all can win at more then one sport come talk to me .

• Haha
Reactions: Jmappfan5
Didn’t andrews kill Murphy 2 times this year?? I could care less what happened in years past, when y’all can win at more then one sport come talk to me .
Hayesville won basketball state championship😂😂 Murphy won baseball state championship a couple years ago…. I can tell you’re trying real hard to one up us but you just can’t.

After this season when Draughns relevancy fades, you’ll be clinging onto this season for years. Guess what. The SMC will still be where they’ve always been. Beat it loser.

After #1 graduates and goes to Georgia, who is filling in for him? Does Draughn have someone in the waiting to take the spot? I'd teach Dula honestly to throw the ball and lean on him next year to do it all.

It goes without saying that better teams can lose. They aren’t invincible. But they should win. Texas AM should beat app 99.9 times out of 100. I absolutely love how Draughn makes a deep playoff run and now all their fans come out of their parents basement. Get your little digs in while you still can. SMC out for blood next year against Draughn.
What was that about Texas A&M? Put a whooping on LSU today 😄

Reactions: WickedStix9
After #1 graduates and goes to Georgia, who is filling in for him? Does Draughn have someone in the waiting to take the spot? I'd teach Dula honestly to throw the ball and lean on him next year to do it all.
#1 is a Junior too.

Wow! Lmao! Talk about sour grapes. Andrews had a great year..falls to a better team..and the backlash is real. 1a is wide open..SMC had a great 1st 3 rounds in the playoffs...everyone knows they beat up on each other during the year. Andrews was great the last 2 two years...everyone knows Swain isn't as relevant anymore..they have great history..but nowadays they get thumped when they face competition off the mountain. Robbinsville and Murphy are still the standards in 1a...Andrews had a magical ride. But i'm not so sure why the whole conference is butthurt over a good team beating Andrews..and not acting like they've (Draughn) have been there before. They haven't. They're not supposed to know how to act...The SMC has been a powerhouse conference...but only (2) teams right now make real noise deep in the playoffs perenially...thats Robbinsville and Murphy. These days there will be one or two teams off the moutains that are going to rival them every year as far as going deep. That's not a bad thing..but it's a real thing. I will say that most teams in SMC win with humility..but you guys randomly lose with it when a team off the mountain knocks ya off. To the victors go the spoils sometimes. It happens. The SEC will always be the standard in college football. The ACC for college basketball..SMC has been the standard for 1a football ball in the West. Everyone knows they are in for a dogfight especially if you line up against one of the SMC teams in the latter rounds of the playoffs.

Last edited:
I like Andrews rubber track. Seen Andrews had some track stars and dome pretty well when looking at ncmilesplit. Of course many schools now have rubber tracks so it’s kinda a norm now.

Nobody is talking bout Thomasville much on this thread or at all. Honestly nobody or not that many anyway favored Draughn to get past Thomasville. I didn’t even think they would walking into the game but I was positive and hopeful. Both teams moved the ball well both had good defenses but the huge turning point toward the end of the game was when a TVille Wide out jumps up and catches a good pass and starts to run into endzone but ball was knocked out by a Draughn tackler and Draughn recovered. If he’d a scored off that pass or scored the next play or 2 it’d been a wrap. Who knows, TVille mighta gave Andrews an even rougher crazier game. Espacially with that RB they had. Andrews woulda been in for a game either way, but y’all got the pleasure of taking on Draughn.

I like Andrews rubber track. Seen Andrews had some track stars and dome pretty well when looking at ncmilesplit. Of course many schools now have rubber tracks so it’s kinda a norm now.

Nobody is talking bout Thomasville much on this thread or at all. Honestly nobody or not that many anyway favored Draughn to get past Thomasville. I didn’t even think they would walking into the game but I was positive and hopeful. Both teams moved the ball well both had good defenses but the huge turning point toward the end of the game was when a TVille Wide out jumps up and catches a good pass and starts to run into endzone but ball was knocked out by a Draughn tackler and Draughn recovered. If he’d a scored off that pass or scored the next play or 2 it’d been a wrap. Who knows, TVille mighta gave Andrews an even rougher crazier game. Espacially with that RB they had. Andrews woulda been in for a game either way, but y’all got the pleasure of taking on Draughn.
Thomasville definitely played better pass defense than anyone else Draughn has faced in the playoffs so far. They did a good job of closing on the ball in the air and limited the downfield passing except for the halfback pass for a TD. Draughn did have success with the short passing game but a couple of plays either way essentially decided the game.

Why?
And are most the Cherokee county guys on here for or against it?
I've seen some Murphy folks say that the school building is crumbling and sounds like sports aside would be the best thing for the kids pulling the whole county's resources. But I didn't realize that there were people who was so against that they made a Facebook page for Cherokee county residences against the consolidation plan, one guy compared it to Nazi fascism trying to destroy small communities.
Well lots I see agaist are move in, from New York , Florida ECT

Reactions: Swain97
Ok I’m going to make everyone mad when McKenzie,TN wins it all next week in 1a I’m taking them +14 over any of the 1a schools left in NC

• Haha
Reactions: bigtimeEastNC
Well lots I see agaist are move in, from New York , Florida ECT
I sure don't believe the guy that compared it to Nazism or most of the folks on that Facebook page move ins I believe he is very local and thought it was people like that was trying to destroy local communities that had been around for ever. He started saying that a woman who said she was a Republican but supported it and said that she really wasn't that only a RINO would be for it.
Of course I don't know what someone's political party has to do with it Mitchell county is 95% Republican but they differ on local stuff like that.

Oh no teenage kids slid in the mud after winning the game let’s cry about it, maybe if your fans wasn’t on the field crying about getting beat so bad and making excuses you wouldn’t have seen the kids sliding in the mud. And on side note I was talking to won of the Mitchell parents on the field when the kids did that and he loved it he said y’all had the biggest cry baby fans he’s ever seen
Then he wasnt from Mitchell County our new logo is beat Draughn they will be glad to go 2a by the time this is over

icegif-172.gif
Cause I'm Purple mother Truckers lol

• Haha
Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Then he wasnt from Mitchell County our new logo is beat Draughn they will be glad to go 2a by the time this is over
From a fan of the game it will be really hard for Mitchell and Mt heritage to beat draughn next fall. I would give mount heritage the better chance due to the effort they showed during the game as well as they was young. I really don’t see any SMC matchups until the playoffs.

From a fan of the game it will be really hard for Mitchell and Mt heritage to beat draughn next fall. I would give mount heritage the better chance due to the effort they showed during the game as well as they was young. I really don’t see any SMC matchups until the playoffs.
Heritage will win the WHC next season mark it down

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Should be a war tonight !
I'm a little older than you, but appreciate the old school football more than these keyboard warriors. I have a DVD of the 1962 Western Regional Championship game between Glen Alpine and Andrews .If you'd like a copy shoot me an address through this forum or to tornadoduck72@gmail.com.

Last edited:
Heritage will win the WHC next season mark it down
Can you explain your reasoning? Draughn is returning most of its team. And the spots that are graduating they have really good kids behind them that have got a lot of time. The same offense you saw Friday will be back #2 and #4

Can you explain your reasoning? Draughn is returning most of its team. And the spots that are graduating they have really good kids behind them that have got a lot of time. The same offense you saw Friday will be back #2 and #4
Noticed you thought my post was funny. I don’t think anybody could stop this kid in 1a. Yes you guys should be really good next year.

So did Mitchell how did that turn out lol

I was very impress with Draughn O/D line as that were they won the game. Andrews loss that battle and had to air it out as their running game couldnt get it to the next level. How many of those guy will return

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT