ADVERTISEMENT

Round 4 - Draughn @ Andrews

Who wins this game?

• Draughn

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Andrews

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
I’ve been hoping for a Andrews team like we have basically all my life and I’m 61. These young men gave me, our school and town the best memories and will go down as one of the best AHS teams only behind those 3 or 4 State Championships in our history ! I couldn’t be more proud of the class they have shown each and every game. Thank you players & coaches for giving this old man the greatest Andrews football season ever. This town & community came alive all because of you guys.
Andrews 13 - 1 season. SMC Undefeated Champions and made it to the 4th round of NCHSAA State Playoffs ( FAMILY )

Oh no teenage kids slid in the mud after winning the game let’s cry about it, maybe if your fans wasn’t on the field crying about getting beat so bad and making excuses you wouldn’t have seen the kids sliding in the mud. And on side note I was talking to won of the Mitchell parents on the field when the kids did that and he loved it he said y’all had the biggest cry baby fans he’s ever seen
Aren't you sort of contradicting yourself. First you deny that it happened and then turn around and admit. I was hoping it wasn't true but you admit it.

Aren't you sort of contradicting yourself. First you deny that it happened and then turn around and admit. I was hoping it wasn't true but you admit it.
Sliding in the mud happened. There was no "holding a finger up" at Mitchell fans. I was standing right there and had a great view of what was happening. Those kids were celebrating and having fun. They weren't paying Mitchell any attention.

The biggest difference in this game was how many fans draughn brought. 3 charter vans full of people! I really hate hearing about the injury to Andrew’s stud but based on previous threads they had more weapons. They led the league in interceptions and were going to sack the QB. I never saw any of that tonight as draughn picked them apart in the passing game and Tillery used his legs to create plays. His TD dive will be a GIF on here when the film is released. Good game both teams but like it was said before the best team won.

Sliding in the mud happened. There was no "holding a finger up" at Mitchell fans. I was standing right there and had a great view of what was happening. Those kids were celebrating and having fun. They weren't paying Mitchell any attention.
Well them doing that as long as there was no finger etc I really don't see a big deal.
I didn't see it but I was talking to a Draughn coach who'd love to replace that field they kept it covered as long as they could but as me and him said still became the mud bowl it's a bad field even when dry he'd love to have turff but said it's hard to get the money in a county of 4 high schools if one gets it they all have to get it.

Well them doing that as long as there was no finger etc I really don't see a big deal.
I didn't see it but I was talking to a Draughn coach who'd love to replace that field they kept it covered as long as they could but as me and him said still became the mud bowl it's a bad field even when dry he'd love to have turff but said it's hard to get the money in a county of 4 high schools if one gets it they all have to get it.
Yeah the drainage on that field is horrible. Patton's was built around the same time, by the same company, and had the same problems. The county had to do some significant work on Patton's field last year due to water standing on it.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Yeah the drainage on that field is horrible. Patton's was built around the same time, by the same company, and had the same problems. The county had to do some significant work on Patton's field last year due to water standing on it.
Well the first game was dry but Mitchell QB was still trying to recover from his high ankle sprain and they were worried about him making it worse just playing on that field said there was bad I guess indentions all around it. Sounds like if not tuff at least needs to be resurfaced.

Reactions: Fbfan28655
Completely forgot about that helicopter spin the Draughn QB had that was called a touchdown. I'd be interested to see that play from a better angle since I was at the other end of the field.

And my memory from reading these boards is horrible. How long has he been in the Draughn school system and not somewhere else?

Completely forgot about that helicopter spin the Draughn QB had that was called a touchdown. I'd be interested to see that play from a better angle since I was at the other end of the field.

And my memory from reading these boards is horrible. How long has he been in the Draughn school system and not somewhere else?
He's been at Draughn his entire high school career.

Reactions: Swain97
I’ve read a lot of posts after our loss and I’ve tried to show class like our team as shown. I’ve got one question and that will be my final post. I’m a sports fanatic and I think I’ve heard of a lot of teams in my years but the biggest question I was getting was Who is Draughn ? You know I didn’t know either so I figured they being in 1A were maybe a fairly new school who had never been competitive in sports. I really didn’t bother doing any research because I thought this was just a special year for this unheard of team out of the West. After reading post I go this morning into MaxPreps and see why I have never heard of them. Looks like this team had been 2A & 3A team up until a couple of years ago playing in a 2/3A conference all those years. That pretty well explained their win last night. How in the HELL did the NCHSAA put a school of this size in 1A, 631 students ? Even with this Andrews battled all night. I’m the proudest fan ever and I left the game proud. I am to old to be a sore loser but Draughn fans shouldn’t be on here being cocky and acting like world beaters when you know you shouldn’t be in a 1A classification. Go ahead and have your win but act like you have been there before. Andrews did all year and their only loss came from a 2A school

Draughn has been around since 2008.

I’ve read a lot of posts after our loss and I’ve tried to show class like our team as shown. I’ve got one question and that will be my final post. I’m a sports fanatic and I think I’ve heard of a lot of teams in my years but the biggest question I was getting was Who is Draughn ? You know I didn’t know either so I figured they being in 1A were maybe a fairly new school who had never been competitive in sports. I really didn’t bother doing any research because I thought this was just a special year for this unheard of team out of the West. After reading post I go this morning into MaxPreps and see why I have never heard of them. Looks like this team had been 2A & 3A team up until a couple of years ago playing in a 2/3A conference all those years. That pretty well explained their win last night. How in the HELL did the NCHSAA put a school of this size in 1A, 631 students ? Even with this Andrews battled all night. I’m the proudest fan ever and I left the game proud. I am to old to be a sore loser but Draughn fans shouldn’t be on here being cocky and acting like world beaters when you know you shouldn’t be in a 1A classification. Go ahead and have your win but act like you have been there before. Andrews did all year and their only loss came from a 2A school

There second loss came last night to 1A draughn. Keep in mind that last fall Mitchell, mount airy, and mountain heritage all blew draughn out. There was no talk about former 2A then and there shouldn’t be now. Andrew’s had a good run but it came to an Ed last night at Home.

You think that’s bad, how about schools like McDowell and South Caldwell around 1500 or 1600 students competing in the playoffs with schools near Charlotte around 2400-2800 in population. The state needs to go ahead and do the right thing and go to 5 classes.

Listen, your kids played a phenomenal season and have absolutely nothing to hang their heads about. My heart went out to them last night seeing how upset they were after the game. But our kids have also played a phenomenal season and don't deserve the hate they are getting from some posters on this site. Draughn plays in the conference they were assigned. It's not like they had any say in it. The first year in that conference, we didn't have a great season. This year our kids worked hard and came back and have had a great season. I just really wish some would quit hating on them and give them props for their hard work.

There second loss came last night to 1A draughn. Keep in mind that last fall Mitchell, mount airy, and mountain heritage all blew draughn out. There was no talk about former 2A then and there shouldn’t be now. Andrew’s had a good run but it came to an Ed last night at Home.
What i’m saying is teams West of Asheville had never heard of Draughn and it’s because they have been a 2/3A team until 2 years ago. Having open enrollment from a county that is double to triple the size of others. How does NCHSAA put a team like this down to 1A

What i’m saying is teams West of Asheville had never heard of Draughn and it’s because they have been a 2/3A team until 2 years ago. Having open enrollment from a county that is double to triple the size of others. How does NCHSAA put a team like this down to 1A
And here you go with open enrollment. How can you call it open enrollment when the kids started their HS career at draughn.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
Honestly, idk that anybody really heard much from Draughn until the last few years. Current coach has only been there 5 seasons and is already had more wins than previous coaches combined.
I know when the realignment happened, many in Burke Co (including Draughn) agreed that how they did it didn't make sense. For example you have Patton and Draughn which are similar sized schools playing in different conferences. Who knows how or why the powers that be make these decisions? These kids just have to line up across whoever is put in front of them and play the best game they can. Andrews is a tiny school and has turned out a great team. Congratulations on the deep run. Prayers for any injured.

I agree that that nchsaa needs a different formula more towards ADM than others things that to me have nothing to do with classification. But we usually concentrate on the teams who we believe as to big a ADM to play in 1A but what about for example teams like East Surry? If I was ES I'd be ready upset about being 588 going into the realignment and in 2A with schools 600+ in 1A as good as they were this year in 2A getting beat by Monroe adm 1,006 , 28-23 in the third round I'm sure they feel they'd had a real chance to win the West 1A.

Honestly, idk that anybody really heard much from Draughn until the last few years. Current coach has only been there 5 seasons and is already had more wins than previous coaches combined.
I know when the realignment happened, many in Burke Co (including Draughn) agreed that how they did it didn't make sense. For example you have Patton and Draughn which are similar sized schools playing in different conferences. Who knows how or why the powers that be make these decisions? These kids just have to line up across whoever is put in front of them and play the best game they can. Andrews is a tiny school and has turned out a great team. Congratulations on the deep run. Prayers for any injured.
My comments were not towards the players they were towards Que Tucker and the NCHSAA. I should have made that clear. This makes me think back to why they moved Rosman to the WHC. Moving on to Basketball

Reactions: Fbfan28655
I agree that that nchsaa needs a different formula more towards ADM than others things that to me have nothing to do with classification. But we usually concentrate on the teams who we believe as to big a ADM to play in 1A but what about for example teams like East Surry? If I was ES I'd be ready upset about being 588 going into the realignment and in 2A with schools 600+ in 1A as good as they were this year in 2A getting beat by Monroe adm 1,006 , 28-23 in the third round I'm sure they feel they'd had a real chance to win the West 1A.
True

And here you go with open enrollment. How can you call it open enrollment when the kids started their HS career at draughn.
How do you know ?
It’s like holding a good athlete back a year when he is in the 8th grade. Parents and players see a good program and make the move before entering HS.

How do you know ?
It’s like holding a good athlete back a year when he is in the 8th grade. Parents and players see a good program and make the move before entering HS.
Draughn was 1-9 not long before those boys made it to high school. It’s about culture, discipline, and hopes for life beyond HS at the next level. FHS did not promote that then and still doesn’t now. That’s the reason why kids left that program or never attended it

Welcome aboard Andrews you are the latest 1a team to be cheated out of a possible ship by the nchsaa and 2a size school
You had a good team you proved that by winning the smc
Next week Rosewood will be the last 1a team knocked out by a 2a sized school
Congratulations nchsaa

Yeah...copying myself...i was the 1st to say it last night because of the river of tears you guys were starting to cry. No one was sayin anything about size when they were picking Andrews to win big. You're embarrasing yourself.

Reading is fundamental....look 1 post above yours🤦‍♂️

No tears here sweety...

Look on page 7 or 8 last night..all my post say the same thing as yours if yo can comprehend. And yep you SMC folks were crying..but you're right..you were not mhs95...but it's kind of sickening all the excuses..and im sure you agree. It's not a good look bro.

Reactions: Jmappfan5
we suck again GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Swain97
Oh no teenage kids slid in the mud after winning the game let’s cry about it, maybe if your fans wasn’t on the field crying about getting beat so bad and making excuses you wouldn’t have seen the kids sliding in the mud. And on side note I was talking to won of the Mitchell parents on the field when the kids did that and he loved it he said y’all had the biggest cry baby fans he’s ever seen

Yeah...copying myself...i was the 1st to say it last night because of the river of tears you guys were starting to cry. No one was sayin anything about size when they were picking Andrews to win big. You're embarrasing yourself.
No one from Andrews is crying over a bigger school. Facts of the game....draughn is a very good team. I thought the RB was the best we've faced all year, and the line was by far the biggest. The refs refused to throw a flag unless it was unsportsmanlike conduct. That was on both sides of the ball. The TD before the half and the int right after halftime was the keys in the game. The TD was a good play call that put a fast kid on a hurt FS. The INT was a great play by the LB. Andrews made mistakes last night that they haven't all year credit that to draughn. Maybe I saw the game different from some people but the only time draughn really stopped Andrews was when they where forced to throw at the end being down two scores late. The injury bug hit us hard last night. Best player in the 1st qtr and QB on the draughn INT. That made it an uphill battle but that is football. The helicopter TD was a huge 4th down play for draughn. I still don't think he got in but the ref says he did and that's all that matters. Very proud of this team and VALLEY TOWN for all their support this year! You will always be remembered for putting us back in the conversation men. Congatulation Andrews on a great season!

The biggest difference in this game was how many fans draughn brought. 3 charter vans full of people! I really hate hearing about the injury to Andrew’s stud but based on previous threads they had more weapons. They led the league in interceptions and were going to sack the QB. I never saw any of that tonight as draughn picked them apart in the passing game and Tillery used his legs to create plays. His TD dive will be a GIF on here when the film is released. Good game both teams but like it was said before the best team won.
Picked them apart? You’re hilarious. Throwing screens to your playmakers isn’t picking them apart lol

Look on page 7 or 8 last night..all my post say the same thing as yours if yo can comprehend. And yep you SMC folks were crying..but you're right..you were not mhs95...but it's kind of sickening all the excuses..and im sure you agree. It's not a good look bro

Oh I know you said it last night. I was referring to our posts being almost verbatim...

And yes, the excuses are not a good look. They curb stomped us last week. I didn't hear any Murphy fans whining. The better team won. It happens...

Draughn was 1-9 not long before those boys made it to high school. It’s about culture, discipline, and hopes for life beyond HS at the next level. FHS did not promote that then and still doesn’t now. That’s the reason why kids left that program or never attended it
You just spilled the beans. Lol. Like I said. All the athletes didn’t like Freedom so they moved to Draughn. Like BK13 said. It’s truly All County 2A

Oh I know you said it last night. I was referring to our posts being almost verbatim...

And yes, the excuses are not a good look. They curb stomped us last week. I didn't hear any Murphy fans whining. The better team won. It happens...
You must not be on much social media! If you think the Murphy fans didn't whine about getting beat by Andrews this year you where visiting Mars! I will give you this...the excuses the second game wasn't even close to what was said the first game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT