ADVERTISEMENT

Round 4 - Draughn @ Andrews

Who wins this game?

• Draughn

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Andrews

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
We're excited to be making the trip. Expecting to see some awesome football. Been hearing great things about this Andrews team.

What do our fans need to know? How's the facilities- visitor parking, accessibility for handicap or elderly for the visitor stands, restrooms, concessions? Recommendations on local places to eat supper before the game?

Reactions: chair_city_champs
We're excited to be making the trip. Expecting to see some awesome football. Been hearing great things about this Andrews team.

What do our fans need to know? How's the facilities- visitor parking, accessibility for handicap or elderly for the visitor stands, restrooms, concessions? Recommendations on local places to eat supper before the game?
Burger basket is a great place to eat. We had a huge crowd last night and the parking seemed to be in good shape. We have restrooms and good concessions with Chic filet and pizza. Last night we had food trucks there as well. I'm biast but one of the most beautiful stadiums in the state. If your fans need alot if handicap parking I suggest getting in touch with our AD and he will do everything he can to help them out. Most of the time they can park inside the fence. Looking forward to a great game. Sounds like two completely different styles going at each other. Safe travels

Reactions: Fbfan28655
I will say we packed out thomasville. We brought the band, cheerleaders, and just about filled the visitors side.
I agree. We've traditionally traveled well but our fans REALLY brought it last night. In his interview this morning, Coach said we were so loud he had trouble hearing over his headset at times!

With the already existing rivalry, and then it being a playoff game on top of that, I bet the energy was off the charts in that stadium last night!
It was pretty awesome. Our fans have been great about supporting their team over the years even when we where at the bottom. Of course it amps up when you start winning. Very proud of our kids, community "VALLEY TOWN" and our coaches. Coach Phillips has done a great job along with our DC coach Johnson. Finish the drill ANDREWS!!!

With the already existing rivalry, and then it being a playoff game on top of that, I bet the energy was off the charts in that stadium last night!
It was good but early 3rd Qtr when the game got out of hand it seemed to quiten down because everyone was froze to death 😂 we would come alive again on a score of course

Surely Weaver as some offers for Football. Does any Andrews fans know.
I saw the coaches interview after the game last night and the way he talked he was being looked at by some teams but no one has pulled the trigger. I'm not sure what more they need to see but some college will get an outstanding young man!

I saw the coaches interview after the game last night and the way he talked he was being looked at by some teams but no one has pulled the trigger. I'm not sure what more they need to see but some college will get an outstanding young man!
I'm honestly shocked that 3-4 kids aren't getting looked at by the smaller schools but I'm no scout

I can’t believe at least a D3 school hasn’t offered

Reactions: Purple1995
Draughns SR OL and JR QB have multiple D1 offers.
Not trying to start a argument but have they been offered by any other schools that their profile isn’t showing.I see where the OL has been offered by Wofford and Florida A&M on his recruiting profile. The QB is getting a lot love from schools on his Twitter but recruiting profile shows his only offer is Mississippi Valley St.

Draughns SR OL and JR QB have multiple D1 offers.
The OL Twitter shows Gardner Webb and ETSU to. ETSU coach used to coach Maryville High School in TN. George Quarles is a heck of coach. Hoping he does good at ETSU.

Not trying to start a argument but have they been offered by any other schools that their profile isn’t showing.I see where the OL has been offered by Wofford and Florida A&M on his recruiting profile. The QB is getting a lot love from schools on his Twitter but recruiting profile shows his only offer is Mississippi Valley St.

I can verify that the QB has offers from MVSU , Johnson C smith , and Ferrum. I look for more to happen after the season ends.

Reactions: Appvol

In Andrews:
Monte Alban (Mexican restaurant)
Mariolino’s (Italian)
Hoppy Trout (great pizza)
Ronnie’s
Hardee’s
Subway
Nate’s Dog House
Kobe Grill

If you want to drive 15 more miles to Murphy there are tons of food options. Just do a quick google search. Got a little bit of everything.

Reactions: Fbfan28655
In Andrews:
Mariolino’s (Italian)
Ronnie’s
Hardee’s
Subway
Nate’s Dog House

If you want to drive 15 more miles to Murphy there are tons of food options. Just do a quick google search. Got a little bit of everything.
Thank you

Reactions: NC nole fan

In Andrews:
Mariolino’s (Italian)
Ronnie’s
Hardee’s
Subway
Nate’s Dog House
Kobe Grill

Dog House I think is only open for lunch. Monte Alban is a local chain of Mexican places and in my opinion the Andrews one is the best one. Good option and usually pretty fast. Kobe Grill is another local chain that does hibachi and sushi—and another good option to get you in and out fast. Will second that Hoppy Trout is really good pizza if you have a little more time. Burger Basket is a solid small town diner.

Last edited:
Nate’s Dog House I think is only open for lunch. Monte Alban is a local chain of Mexican places and in my opinion the Andrews one is the best one. Good option and usually pretty fast. Kobe Grill is another local chain that does hibachi and sushi—and another good option to get you in and out fast. Will second that Hoppy Trout is really good pizza if you have a little more time. Burger Basket is a solid small town diner.
Burger Basket is better than 5 guys Burgers & Fries !!

now back to the game..LMAO..both threads between 1a teams have been waaay more about food than.."I heard you been talkin shmaaaack about my football team!" These are 4 tremendous teams left out here in the West!! Time for predictions..everbody talkin bout all this eatin..knowin ya moma gonna have you eatin every leftover piece of turkey..dressing..chittlin..hog maw....etc on Friday🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Not going to knock on the Wildcats, however they are a school of just a couple hundred kids. Nice Stadium but has a small area for visitors seating. 700 max? They'll be slot of folks standing for this one. Home side might hold 1000 folks packed. I beat they'll find some bleachers somewhere. Biggest game for the community since the fifties!

Not going to knock on the Wildcats, however they are a school of just a couple hundred kids. Nice Stadium but has a small area for visitors seating. 700 max? They'll be slot of folks standing for this one. Home side might hold 1000 folks packed. I beat they'll find some bleachers somewhere. Biggest game for the community since the fifties!
It looked on TV like they’d put some more bleachers behind the end zone last Friday?

now back to the game..LMAO..both threads between 1a teams have been waaay more about food than.."I heard you been talkin shmaaaack about my football team!" These are 4 tremendous teams left out here in the West!! Time for predictions..everbody talkin bout all this eatin..knowin ya moma gonna have you eatin every leftover piece of turkey..dressing..chittlin..hog maw....etc on Friday🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I think at this point all the smack talking is kind of pointless. To get to this point, these teams have proven themselves as contenders. I hear these teams play two different styles of football. Both have some weapons in their arsenals. I think we're going to see some awesome football and a great game. I'll be pulling for the Black & Gold Wildcats!

Edited to add: apparently places to eat has now earned its own thread🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT