ADVERTISEMENT

Morehead vs Reidsville

also depends how teams Reidsville has already beaten do.....WA, Rock Co. should win their games...not sure who Page plays........also how does Eastern Alamance do, even tho they have already given Rams their only loss.....need a computer to keep all this straight......oh wait, guess that's what they do.......................lol...............
Page plays SE Guilford. Robertson vs. Bates

Reactions: Rammer16
Mule….cocky as ever in your old age.

Consider this in All-Cleveland County tonight.

In 3A
# 3 Crest plays at
# 6 Kings Mountain

In 2A
# 7 Burns plays at
# 4 Shelby

31-5 combined records
All 5 losses against higher classifications.

Tell us about Rockingham County games tonight.
What are your combined records?

So much of your success and certainly your trick play to consistently gain the high seeds, stay healthy, garner home playoff games, and even win titles is…..

You play nobody.
“Capitol (sic) of Weak Schedules”

Its not like we can help how good our county is. I don't think anyone thinks Rockingham county football compares to Cleveland county

In 3A
# 3 Crest plays at
# 6 Kings Mountain

In 2A
# 7 Burns plays at
# 4 Shelby

31-5 combined records

So much of your success and certainly your trick play to consistently gain the high seeds, stay healthy, garner home playoff games, and even win titles is…..

You play nobody.

*looks at your conference, and looks at how Crest and KM does against piedmont triad teams traditionally*

Mmmmmmkay

I’d expect Bryant to be a rock. His brother who is really good, stayed at Rock. Btw I’m just hearing about the Bryant’s little brother
I watched him as a 7th grader and knew he was going to be special.

In 3A
# 3 Crest plays at
# 6 Kings Mountain

In 2A
# 7 Burns plays at
# 4 Shelby

31-5 combined records

You play nobody.
"You Play Nobody"

Reidsville Strength of Schedule # 3
Shelby SOC #27
Burns SOC #54

Cleveland County: Home of Weak Schedules

Reactions: Ooooner
"You Play Nobody"

Shelby SOC #27
Burns SOC #54

This guy looks at one week and holds it as the season ranking....lol. Come on Mule...I read a few weeks back where you listed Shelby as #1 SOS. Pfftt.

Reactions: Lion Attack
The Rockingham player's name is Malachi Bryant. He has looked absolutely unstoppable both times I've seen him play. Heard a student claim that Bryant is planning on going to Reidsville high next year. Obviously not the greatest source but could be something to watch for.
Heard from someone that knows the Bryant family and they said the Bryant’s now lives in Reidsville school zone.

"You Play Nobody"

Shelby SOC #27
Burns SOC #54

I don’t understand the RPI stuff. Reidsville has played no one but a decent Eastern Alamance. Monroe should be the no.1 team, honestly. No one on your schedule is as good as West Charlotte or Porter Ridge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopper747
And is any team on Shelby or Burns schedules as good as West Charlotte or Porter Ridge?
Y’all don’t deserve to be no.1, in my opinion, no matter how you slice it. Reidsville lost more recently than Monroe, and your schedule is not even close to theirs, strength wise, in reality.

Y’all don’t deserve to be no.1, in my opinion, no matter how you slice it. Reidsville lost more recently than Monroe, and your schedule is not even close to theirs, strength wise, in reality.
Mr. Simmons, who has no dog in this fight, ranks the Reidsville schedule as the #3 toughest and the Monroe schedule as the #6 toughest.

Perhaps you are just a wee bit biased in you assessments?

Rams not that sharp so far tonight ... but here's the scoring sum so far with inside 5 minutes left in the half:
R - Dionte Neal 66 pass from Al Lee (Cam Jones pass from Dionte Neal), 9:30 first quarter
R - Kendre Harrison 4 pass from Lee (Neal run), 2:24 first quarter
M - Braydon Richardson 20 field goal, 8:51 second quarter

Lee set the all-time passing yardage school record ... but he's thrown two interceptions ... Morehead returned both inside the 10 (Rams barely avoiding a pair of pick-6s)

Last edited:
Morehead scores a TD after the second pick ... it's now 16-10 with 2:51 left in half.

This is pathetic. This looks like a first round exit waiting to happen. Key positions playing like hot garbage. No excuse for this week in week 11 of a season. Idc who you playing.

Head coach ineptitude and QB struggles are starting to rear their ugly heads once again for Reidsville. We should not be struggling against a terrible 0-9 Morehead team

HALFTIME:
Morehead 0 10
Reidsville 16 8
R - Dionte Neal 66 pass from Al Lee (Cam Jones pass from Dionte Neal), 9:30 first quarter
M - Brittyn Barnes 5 pass from Elijah Townsend, (Richardson kick) 2:51 second quarter
R - Jariel Cobb 2 run (Aidan Mansfield pass from Neal), 0:21 second quarter

When you're playing a winless team and are heavily favored, it's typical to have a lackluster performance . But it's sad not to build on the momentum of the last two weeks.

Reactions: Chopper747
Morehead has only 23 yards of total offense in the first half, but they capitalized on the two interceptions to stay in the game with points off turnovers.

Rams score on first play of 2nd half ... Flippen 80 pass from Lee ... 32-10

on a side note, band is larger and playing better than I have seen in quite a while.

First game I have seen on the new field. Weird. I don’t see any grey on the field. It would make someone think our colors are blue and gold.

Update -- Rams explode for 29 points in the third quarter to bring on the running clock ... here's the full game scoring parade:
Morehead 0 10 0 0 -- 0
Reidsville 16 8 29

M - Brittyn Barnes 5 pass from Elijah Townsend, (Richardson kick) 2:51 second quarter
R - Jariel Cobb 2 run (Aidan Mansfield pass from Neal), 0:21 second quarter
R - Queshyne Flippen 80 pass from Al Lee (Jones pass from Neal), 11:47 third quarter
R - Flippen 28 pass from Lee (Grady Barrett kick), 9:22 third quarter
R - Jones 41 pass from Lee (Barrett kick), 2:04 third quarter
R - Neal 30 punt return (Barrett kick), 0:45 third quarter

Lee 295 yards passing, 5 TDs .... Morehead minus 40 rushing thanks to a bunch of sacks

one more TD -- 2nd team QB Sharpe runs in from 2 and then adds 2 point conversion to make it 61-10

I repeat. This week game rams vs moorehead will not affect the RPI or OWP. Moorehead OWP is 0. It can’t get any lower so this game has no affect on that at all. End of story

This guy looks at one week and holds it as the season ranking....lol. Come on Mule...I read a few weeks back where you listed Shelby as #1 SOS. Pfftt.
22-19, some more numbers for you.

Not sure how they do the RPI thing, but Reidsville's opponents overall record through nine games was 45-37.
In game 10s, Page won, Rockingham won, Eastern Alamance won, Andrews won and West Stokes won while Western Alamance, McMichael and Walkertown lost. So that opponents record improves to 50-40.
But add Morehead's 0-10 into that equation and Reidsville's opponents record drops to 50-50.

Here's some final numbers from the game tonight:
Total Yards: Morehead 34, Reidsville 483 (Rams had 13 tackles for loss)
First Downs: Morehead 7, Reidsville 21

Individual:
Al Lee
becomes Reidsville's all-time career passing yardage leader (surpassing Javada Harden) tonight ... he completed 12 of 17 for 295 yards. Two interceptions were almost pick-6s but Rams' speed stopped those returns inside the 10 ... Morehead got their 10 points after those turnovers.
Queshyne Flippen added to his school record for career TD receptions with 2 tonight - he caught 4 passes for 119 yards.
Dionte Neal had 3 catches for 97 yards, Kendre Harrison 3 for 16 yards and Cam Jones 2 for 63 yards.
Jariel Cobb had 8 rushes for 65 yards, Lee ran for 53 yards and Paul Widerman 30 yards.

Morehead freshman QB Elijah Townsend was under constant pressure (5 sacks for 44 yards in losses) but completed 6 of 17 for 64 yards and a TD with no interceptions. Brittyn Barnes had 3 catches for 30 yards and a TD.

Changes each week depending on teams performances. These are Simmons year to date rankings.

Sorry if I hurt your sensitive feelings.

We can solve this debate with one question.

Who is your rival ?

You do not have one.

Shelby has three…..in the same county.
And they are all very successful programs that we have played in front of huge crowds forever.
And for decades over the last 50 years, you could also add Belmont South Point.

Reidsville used to struggle with Cummings.
But they fell off completely and now you don’t even play them.

We are not just talking about this year, where you will luck out again in seeding and home field.
We are exposing again the secret for your success.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
We can solve this debate with one question.

Who is your rival ?

You do not have one.

Shelby has three…..in the same county.
And they are all very successful programs that we have played in front of huge crowds forever.
And for decades over the last 50 years, you could also add Belmont South Point.

Reidsville used to struggle with Cummings.
But they fell off completely and now you don’t even play them.

We are not just talking about this year, where you will luck out again in seeding and home field.
We are exposing again the secret for your success.
Did we get lucky not having to play Shelby last year? Oh they lost 42-0 to a burns team that Reidsville later destroyed . Shelby in their so called down years loses in the playoffs before reaching Reidsville. (Facts) Reidsville I’m down years still win and reach the same round as Shelby. More facts. So if anyone is dodging anyone it’s proven it’s Shelby by losing in early playoff rounds. They may have head to head win loss record but facts are facts. Y’all always say schedule is reason rams get 1 seed so they start the RPI and now you still complaining because your schedule is weaker apparently. Get a life and come up with something that makes sense

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT