ADVERTISEMENT

Morehead vs Reidsville

Great programs just reload ... Reidsville is one of those
Facts! But every blue moon, even those programs have setbacks, well runs a little low. Besides, it’s not realistic for every team you field being better than the previous great team. If that’s the case, said program should win states every year.

Facts! But every blue moon, even those programs have setbacks, well runs a little low. Besides, it’s not realistic for every team you field being better than the previous great team. If that’s the case, said program should win states every year.
But they don't fall to losing records ... Reidsville Middle lost for the first time since 2011 so maybe there's a lapse coming???

Reactions: Lion Attack
Only team to meet that description was Charlotte Independence but even they didn’t win 10 in a row

Great programs just reload ... Reidsville is one of those
Well Bw 2010 and 2015 we were pretty terrible . Yes we won games but that was cupcake schedule too. Helped us get good seeds that helped us make a small playoff run knowing what was coming ahead

Well Bw 2010 and 2015 we were pretty terrible . Yes we won games but that was cupcake schedule too. Helped us get good seeds that helped us make a small playoff run knowing what was coming ahead
Correction the 2011 team was good in that stretch. Over achieved a bit and lost on a Hail Mary that was incomplete to Kinston

Only team to meet that description was Charlotte Independence but even they didn’t win 10 in a row
Your 16 team was better than 17 and 18 teams. Point is, you’re not always better than the previous year. It just doesn’t work like that. Occasional lapses are inevitable, too. Shelby is experiencing one. Fortunately, we have some youngins in the program that’s going to restore the roar.

Reactions: FACT24
Your 16 team was better than 17 and 18 teams. Point is, you’re not always better than the previous year. It just doesn’t work like that. Occasional lapses are inevitable, too. Shelby is experiencing one. Fortunately, we have some youngins in the program that’s going to restore that mystique.
Let’s face it. Having Shelby and Reidsville being what they are is great for the sport. It does nobody any good either of them going home early in playoffs

I will say this again as well. If don’t win a title with this talented team I don’t see a title in near future. That will be up to coaching to make it work. Teague I’m sure has learned a lot from beginning to now. Time will tell everything .

You're losing 2 starting LBS and 2 starting DL, 1 OL starter, the QB, and Widerman as the power back. Returners + guys comimg from JV = of they have a consistent QB things will be good again next season

You're losing 2 starting LBS and 2 starting DL, 1 OL starter, the QB, and Widerman as the power back. Returners + guys comimg from JV = of they have a consistent QB things will be good again next season

J9 has starting qb experience, or you could go dionte neal as some suggested

sorry ... He wears No. 3 ... please explain ....
He don’t even see the field now it seems like since Neal is back. I don’t think he fit in at receiver like they were hoping he would. But there should be a place for him and his skill set.

He wore no.9 as a basketball player at Cummings. They called him J9 on the court, and that’s been Tarheel fan 1’s name for him ever since.😂
Not going to lie. I’m looking forward to going to all the basketball games like last year

• Love
Reactions: Rammer16
Not going to lie. I’m looking forward to going to all the basketball games like last year
I think y’all will be champs in hoops for sure. You have an overload of talent, a team that can compete in any division. Heck, I might seriously pull up on you, and catch a game with you this upcoming season.💯

Last edited:
I think y’all will be champs in hoops for sure. You have an overload of talent, a team that can compete in any division. Heck, I might seriously pull up on you, and catch a game with you this upcoming season.💯
You know the deal bro, you hit me up I got the room and pool table ready

Reidsville plays Farmville in the John Wall tournament in Raleigh early. My son was in charge of that tournament for many years and he helped set up this matchup. Rams also play Dudley and Greensboro Day. Should be a great year for Reidsville basketball.'

Reidsville plays Farmville in the John Wall tournament in Raleigh early. My son was in charge of that tournament for many years and he helped set up this matchup. Rams also play Dudley and Greensboro Day. Should be a great year for Reidsville basketball.'
I'm hearing Farmville reached deep into the portal 🤣 That should be a barn burner game

Reactions: Rammer16
Your 16 team was better than 17 and 18 teams. Point is, you’re not always better than the previous year. It just doesn’t work like that. Occasional lapses are inevitable, too. Shelby is experiencing one. Fortunately, we have some youngins in the program that’s going to restore the roar.
Reidsville and Shelby have been on runs that any school in the country would kill for. I have a friend/second dad to me and he's highly involved with Salem Football in Virginia. They're a lot like Shelby and Reidsville. He's played and coached youth for over 60 years. He strongly believes Football as a whole is on a downward trajectory. Not because of the things you would think an ole head would ie Crack backs, targeting etc. He thinks it's coming from the overall "softness " of society. We've had numerous discussions about how programs like Reidsville, Shelby and Salem have been able to overcome it until now. He used Blacksburg High as an example. They forfeited their last game to Salem. Not enough kids to field a team. They won a state title just a few years ago.
I tend to agree with him. I hope it won't but the way other things are going, I won't be surprised. I was a WCU Homecoming this past weekend and they done away with King and Queen....They're called Nobles now

But they don't fall to losing records ... Reidsville Middle lost for the first time since 2011 so maybe there's a lapse coming???
absolutley not those kids will transfer to reidsville and have a great high school career and some college....and i dont blame them or the parents for transfering

Lot of chatter about the Reidsville foreseeable future. Jimmy Teague (and subdivisions) brought the program out of a 30 year championship game drought...sounding like a dive back into a 3 decade drought may be on tap. 👀👀👀

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel fan1
Lot of chatter about the Reidsville foreseeable future. Jimmy Teague (and subdivisions) brought the program out of a 30 year championship game drought...sounding like a dive back into a 3 decade drought may be on tap. 👀👀👀
We may just do that and you still won’t catch us lol keep dreaming

You didn't answer the question. Still looking forward to your response as to how Crest has "now surpassed" Shelby. Need to see some receipts.
I have a recent receipt. It says 53-38 dated 9/01/23. Someone wrote on the bottom "current NCHSAA 3A end of regular season rank #1."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT