ADVERTISEMENT

Morehead vs Reidsville

also depends how teams Reidsville has already beaten do.....WA, Rock Co. should win their games...not sure who Page plays........also how does Eastern Alamance do, even tho they have already given Rams their only loss.....need a computer to keep all this straight......oh wait, guess that's what they do.......................lol...............

also depends how teams Reidsville has already beaten do.....WA, Rock Co. should win their games...not sure who Page plays........also how does Eastern Alamance do, even tho they have already given Rams their only loss.....need a computer to keep all this straight......oh wait, guess that's what they do.......................lol...............
You forgot about what all the other 2A West teams do and their Opponents and their Opponents Opponents. Got it?

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I repeat. This week game rams vs moorehead will not affect the RPI or OWP. Moorehead OWP is 0. It can’t get any lower so this game has no affect on that at all. End of story

This game may be closer than you think !!!!! I heard a rumor today that Morehead picked up almost the entire line up O & D for the now defunct PTYFL Bulldogs.

The Bulldogs are not defunct, no matter what local politicians try to do.

And while Im sure there is verbiage against transfering from elementary and middle schools into a high school and being eligible to play, the 12u Bulldogs line would be an upgrade for anything Morehead can put on the field.

Went to the ribbon cutting ceremonies on Jimmy Teague Field at Community Stadium this morning. Very impressive show. Amazing the work Jimmy, Widerman, Knowles and Company did to make this project come alive.

I have been going to Reidsville games since the 1940s and I would never have dreamed any such an accomplishment would ever be possible.

Oh, and from the visitors side you can clearly see the sign "Welcome to Reidsville - Football Capital of North Carolina." :p :cool: :) ;)o_O

Went to the ribbon cutting ceremonies on Jimmy Teague Field at Community Stadium this morning. Very impressive show. Amazing the work Jimmy, Widerman, Knowles and Company did to make this project come alive.

I have been going to Reidsville games since the 1940s and I would never have dreamed any such an accomplishment would ever be possible.

Oh, and from the visitors side you can clearly see the sign "Welcome to Reidsville - Football Capital of North Carolina." :p :cool: :) ;)o_O
Now if only someone could fix the sign so it didn't list 2022 twice with no 2021

And while Im sure there is verbiage against transfering from elementary and middle schools into a high school and being eligible to play, the 12u Bulldogs line would be an upgrade for anything Morehead can put on the field.
Local Politicians? So, they were the one’s that refused to officiate any of the Bulldogs games? As I understand, we live in a blame everyone but me society, the only blame here is on the parents and coaches.

Local Politicians? So, they were the one’s that refused to officiate any of the Bulldogs games? As I understand, we live in a blame everyone but me society, the only blame here is on the parents and coaches.

Well I wouldn’t say the only blame.

Well I wouldn’t say the only blame.
Then who else? I feel bad for the kids really I do but, we are losing officials at an alarming rate because of this type of behavior. Soon there will not be enough to even have rec league games or for that matter middle school games. If, you talk to any official their biggest compliant is always fans and coaches. Both of which often times think they can say and do anything they want to a grown man just because he is wearing a striped shirt.

My memory is not always the best. Tell me what state championship we won in 2021.
They don't just update the sign when we win the championship anymore, they put our finish for every season for some reason. But for the last three years they've gotten the year wrong and had to fix it. They have yet to correct 2021, however, so 2022 is on our sign twice. Look at it yourself if you're at the game Friday to see what I'm talking about.

My poiint exactly!!!

Well when a local politician works behind closed doors and circumvents proper discipline protocols set forth by the PTYFL because of his publicaly displayed disdain for Reidsville... Yea, it aint all on the parents and coaches.

Ŵe didn't win in 2021 or 2022, but they have 2021 season listed for 2022. 2022 is on sign twice. They have nothing for 2021. It has 3rd round state playoffs and state finalist both for 2022. Don't know how that hasn't been fixed yet.
Reidsville won the State championship that was played in May of 2021 against Mountain Heritage.

Well when a local politician works behind closed doors and circumvents proper discipline protocols set forth by the PTYFL because of his publicaly displayed disdain for Reidsville... Yea, it aint all on the parents and coaches.
I am hearing that Ben Curtis who is an elected official (register of deeds) is the local politician that coaches for the eden prowlers was the main force behind the demise of the Reidsville Bulldogs, he has a total disdain for every sports team from Reidsville...most say he is a complete rear end of a donkey

also hearing that officials did not say that would not ref bulldog games, total hatchet job on those kids by Ben Curtis and his cronies from EDEN

I am hearing that Ben Curtis who is an elected official (register of deeds) is the local politician that coaches for the eden prowlers was the main force behind the demise of the Reidsville Bulldogs, he has a total disdain for every sports team from Reidsville...most say he is a complete rear end of a donkey

also hearing that officials did not say that would not ref bulldog games, total hatchet job on those kids by Ben Curtis and his cronies from EDEN

Rams might put 60 on them boys tomorrow

You heard correct.

Reidsville's middle school team lost their championship against Rockingham 26-15. Rockingham has a stellar receiver who scored all 4 of their touchdowns, and is also the younger brother of their current star Maleek Bryant.

Reactions: Rammer16
They played in the first game of the season and Reidsville won 30-12 but were down 12-8 at halftime. Reidsville did not have their RB who is their best middle school player for majority of the game today.

That’s pretty shocking. But I think we are ok for the next few years

Raiders RB Keyshawn Henry, who will be the Rams next great running back, was injured early in the game and the coaches decided to keep him out for the duration.

He may see some time on varsity next year if he’s that good. We will be pretty thin at running back next season besides jariel

Pulled hamstring for the kid from Reidsville. The player from Rock Middle was a RB. Stud player.

He may see some time on varsity next year if he’s that good. We will be pretty thin at running back next season besides jariel
I probably should have written "could be" rather than "will be" as it's difficult to project players that young. But he is absolutely dominate at the middle school level.

Moreheads OWP is already zero. I can't go any lower.

Reidsville will be the #1 seed in the West 2A - and it will not be close at all.
does losing to eastern alamance and then eastern
Then who else? I feel bad for the kids really I do but, we are losing officials at an alarming rate because of this type of behavior. Soon there will not be enough to even have rec league games or for that matter middle school games. If, you talk to any official their biggest compliant is always fans and coaches. Both of which often times think they can say and do anything they want to a grown man just because he is wearing a striped s

Ŵe didn't win in 2021 or 2022, but they have 2021 season listed for 2022. 2022 is on sign twice. They have nothing for 2021. It has 3rd round state playoffs and state finalist both for 2022. Don't know how that hasn't been fixed yet.

I have heard a lot of classless acts from people in Eden….I don’t have any first hand proof but have heard when they do win (which is not often) they act like a bunch of inbreds that have never tasted success….idk who knows but it’s beginning to sound true

Pulled hamstring for the kid from Reidsville. The player from Rock Middle was a RB. Stud player.
The Rockingham player's name is Malachi Bryant. He has looked absolutely unstoppable both times I've seen him play. Heard a student claim that Bryant is planning on going to Reidsville high next year. Obviously not the greatest source but could be something to watch for.

Last edited:
Malachi Bryant is a player to watch for the next 4 years ... never seen him line up on offense as anything but a back (I've been to several of Rock Middle games) ... best 8th grader I've seen in a while (he also plays defense, can throw, kicks and returns kicks). Any middle school in the county would be a threat with Bryant in their line-up. I expect him to be the featured back for Rock High in 2024. He made Reidsville look slow, if you can believe that.

Rock Middle lost two regular season games - one to Eden when Bryant was injured. They came back to beat Eden 40-something to 6 (not sure of the score) last week and Bryant was totally dominant.

Last edited:
Malachi Bryant is a player to watch for the next 4 years ... never seen him line up on offense as anything but a back (I've been to several of Rock Middle games) ... best 8th grader I've seen in a while (he also plays defense, can throw, kicks and returns kicks). Any middle school in the county would be a threat with Bryant in their line-up. I expect him to be the featured back for Rock High in 2024. He made Reidsville look slow, if you can believe that.
Guess I didn't pay close enough attention pre-snap and assumed he was a receiver because his brother is so good at that position. Any player that can just dominate a Reidsville team like he has multiple times now is a big time player.

I had to leave the game before it was over ... when I saw the final score for Reidsville was 15 I said that had to be a typo. Raiders actually have a kicker?

Reidsville JV defeated Morehead 50-6 to finish a 9-1 season (only loss was a close one to 4-A Page).

I’d expect Bryant to be a rock. His brother who is really good, stayed at Rock. Btw I’m just hearing about the Bryant’s little brother

If form holds then Monroe and/or Shelby or Burns would have to travel to Reidsville. Not an easy task when the Rams are healthy.

Reidsville will be the #1 seed in the West 2A - and it will not be close at all.
Mule….cocky as ever in your old age.

Consider this in All-Cleveland County tonight.

In 3A
# 3 Crest plays at
# 6 Kings Mountain

In 2A
# 7 Burns plays at
# 4 Shelby

31-5 combined records
All 5 losses against higher classifications.

Tell us about Rockingham County games tonight.
What are your combined records?

So much of your success and certainly your trick play to consistently gain the high seeds, stay healthy, garner home playoff games, and even win titles is…..

You play nobody.
“Capitol (sic) of Weak Schedules”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT