ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News!!

I surely would hate for this thread to turn into a "Racial Debate" honestly.....as a black man.....

On a lighter note....... A new controversy has erupted at AHS....... A QB battle is in the works... A transfer into the program has started to put some heat on the current QB1....

I can see this season ending in more forfeits. By the looks of this guy, he would have to aged out by now.:p

People can say what they want to say about Albemarle. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Below is a link from past reviews from teachers and students. Now you tell me that this is not happening across every public school....

Albemarle School Review

And before your quick to judge....no this is not every teacher, student, man, women, or child that submitted a review....

As a BLACK male I heard some disturbing news that our newly named booster club president decided to resign and take his children to another school because of our new principal being a black male. I cant understand why he would take this position a month ago and then give his resignation when our principal was announced. Anyone have any inside info? Who is the current booster club president?

For those of you in this thread that are concerned, my name is Ross Holshouser and I am the AHS Booster President that will resign tonight at the regularly scheduled meeting. I am not hiding behind any names here, so if you have any questions or concerns about my reasoning of enrolling my child at NSHS, then contact me personally and with your real name. Rest assured, I am not a racist and have fought long and hard for the betterment of Albemarle High School and ALL of its students. Any and all of you that speak so passionately about AHS and it's athletic's programs should include yourself in tonight's meeting and be active moving forward. The Booster Club needs help from parents and people willing to volunteer. If some of you put half the effort into helping your school as you do in this forum, you'd be surprised what a difference it would make. Instead you want to criticize and pass blame on the ones that are giving an effort.... So until you all show your face at some AHS sporting events and get to know the people you are talking about by volunteering your time, then keep your chatter just about the sports and quit passing judgement on the people you don't personally know and that really care about the OVERALL performance of Albemarle High School and it's students and not just the athletic part. Racist? SMH....

Thanks for your comments Ross. I for one appreciate them. I have been an Albemarle supporter since 1951. I served in the booster club while my daughters were in school there, and as treasurer for 3 years. Now with old age and health issues I can only attend a few games a year, however I love AHS and am saddened to see all the problems there. However you are right the only way to make things better to for everyone to get INVOLVED. Thanks again for your comments.

In following this, I brought up the name of Greg Williams then his name was mentioned on here again later. Well, I have it on pretty good authority that he has not expressed interest in this job.

Ross Holshouser is a straight shooter. Not a racist but definitely a realist. If I am not mistaken he may actually live in the North Stanly district but not sure. If he does, that means he sent his kids to Albemarle HS when they could have went to NSHS. Holshouser has put in countless hours as a coach at Albemarle and with the booster club. He has also been a driving force in generating money for the basketball program which he does not have a child playing for. He has put his time and money into the program.

I have always thought it is better for a guilty person to be acquited than an innocent man to be convicted.

Racism is disgusting but to cast someone as racist when they are not is worse than racism.

In following this, I brought up the name of Greg Williams then his name was mentioned on here again later. Well, I have it on pretty good authority that he has not expressed interest in this job.

I would have been surprised that AHS could have fell on that horse shoe.

Well someone just got the "BUSINESS".

People read these post more than you think! trust me! This site is almost a political tool....interesting. Deana, you should be making a killing off of PPC (Pay Per Click).

But none the less, I have to agree with Tango (And I don't agree with him a lot :)), but you can't label someone if you don't know or never met him.

There is no denying that Albemarle has dropped the ball, but now it is time to get Albemarle back on track. That takes Community support, parent involvement, etc.

But I stand by my words on the statement I said earlier about the two "Tools" that continue to bash our school and call our administration inmates.....

Last edited:
Reactions: BulldogsFollower
After all the names tossed around, and all have fallen through. I honestly think the chances of Herlocker taking the job are so great that I would almost be surprised if it isn't him. He has the know how and they already have another AD on staff to take over. Not to mention he has done ALL the workouts with the kids!

I have to agree that the school and the booster's club both need support from the community and especially from the parent's. I haven't been involved with the booster's club since my kids got out of school but I don't think it is as strong as it has been in past years. I don't know why but you can look at The Fabulous Forty sign and see it's down to about 25 members. The key to strong booster's club is having parents involved and for some reason for the last few years that support has dropped off. Hopefully we can get a new coach who will stay for more than one year and add some stability to the football program and get the booster's club jump started to where it used to be.I for one am ready for the football season to start.

After all the names tossed around, and all have fallen through. I honestly think the chances of Herlocker taking the job are so great that I would almost be surprised if it isn't him. He has the know how and they already have another AD on staff to take over. Not to mention he has done ALL the workouts with the kids!
Have to agree all-out. It very well could be Wes and the guy that replaced when he was on sick leave could be the new AD.

If Terry agrees to be the AD then I'm going to say Wes Herlocker will be the next HC at Albemarle. Notice I said IF!!!!

On another note......I did hear over the weekend that Albemarle would NOT have a JV team this year.

I haven't heard that Albemarle will not have a J.V. but does Albemarle need a J.V. especially with the numbers they have. 45 between J.V. and Varsity isn't good at all. This is clearly a rebuilding year. Next year when you have 25-30 freshman come in, we'll be right back on track. Remember that Albemarle is going through some changes. I wouldn't get disheartened

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
No offense to Wes at all and kudos to the fact that he has played D1A/FBS football and worked at that level in the S&C department but Albemarle will have another HFC with no head coaching experience and very little assistant football coaching experience. Due to the issues AHS has faced the last few years I thought a coach with HFC experience was a near must but you do not always get what you need much less what you want.

If no jv team is true and with 45 kids maybe, just maybe we can 2-platoon this year.

I doubt it. The Freshmen will not be physically ready at the varsity level. Out of 45, I still say 30 will only hit the field. That's just my guess

I know someone said earlier that we would be 3 deep in rotation. That may be true, but I know for a fact some of these kids have never played ball. Let me rephrase that. At least (1) of these kids has never played ball and he thinks he may start. I think its going to be BAD really BAD. The wheel has fell off and it cannot be fixed. Gloom, despair, and agony on me.

Yeah guess you're right sway.

Yeah, our Freshmen playing at the varsity level would just be "Targets" for teams like WM and Concord. Gotta keep them safe. There are only a few freshmen(1 or 2) that make it to the varsity level at Albemarle, it's been that way for a long time and now were talking about 20.

For a breakdown it would look like this:

Offense:
11 starters
4 going both ways which leave 7 permanent
4 subs (2RB/2OL)

Defense:
5 subs (2LB/2DL/1SS)

11 Special Teams (Some starters will play special teams also)

That's 33. That only leaves twelve players. These players will only play against teams like CC/SD/WS and maybe South Stanly or EM. We could two platoon on these games to get experience. Especially if they themselves don't have a J.V. Gotta give respect to NM, they are coming on along quite nice.

I could be off a little about the subs, but that's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Wouldn't the number of 45 in your spring workouts be a good number considering that could not have included freshmen? It sounds like you will have 60 before all is said and done. The only thing better than beating Albemarle once is beating you twice. You need a JV team! Sorry Buddy, BullDog Follower, and Sway, couldn't help myself! ;)

Lol, ol' Foot.....have times have changed.

I spoke with my dad; who went to South Stanly, and I told him about our situation, especially in football. He looked me in my eye and said "Son, Albemarle has had it's time" with a simle lmao.

Foot there is no doubt that beating Albemarle in the YVC taste like sweet honey on a gold dish. Regardless of what team we field come August (In which I believe will be a decent one), I expect Albemarle to put up a good fight come October.

Wouldn't the number of 45 in your spring workouts be a good number considering that could not have included freshmen? It sounds like you will have 60 before all is said and done. The only thing better than beating Albemarle once is beating you twice. You need a JV team! Sorry Buddy, BullDog Follower, and Sway, couldn't help myself! ;)

.Albemarle and West had a hard fought game last time They met. It's never good not to have a JV Team. Somebody can't play on Friday when that happens. We are loaded at Running Back so I would hate to see these Young upcoming Guys not get to play unless We are playing those less fortunate Teams

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT