ADVERTISEMENT

My Breakdown of what 8 Classes Could be if they'd quit playing around

Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure in my scenario I have them 7A west. In a conference with union county schools. I will confirm tomorrow.
Now, that's a possibility ...Works about as much as Pinecrest and Hoke County playing in an all Wake County league in an all 8A league. I think Richmond will be in a 7A/8A split with (8A) Pinecrest and Hoke County, and (7A) Purnell Swett, Lumberton, Overhills, Jack Britt, and Pine Forest.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
@BlackKnight24 I am admittedly less familiar with Eastern schools and travel times out that way. Looking at a map of NC counties, it seemed better to have Richmond go West. This placed them in a 6A/7A conference with Union County schools (6 of them). This would demand 7 hrs. and 37 min. of mandatory travel time (conference opponents over a two year period (home/away)). I now see that isn't what is best for Richmond.

I am switching Richmond back East in my scenario and will place them in a 7A/8A conference with Pine Forest, Jack Britt, Purnell Swett, Lumberton, 8A Pinecrest, 8A Hoke County. This lessens their mandatory travel to 5 hrs. and 23 min.

Thanks for your question.

Well, since I am in Moore County, I wonder about Union Pines anf North Moore.

I am thinking UP will either be in all 6A conference or a 5A/6A split since Montgomery Central, Southern Lee, and Seaforth will most likely go 5A.

As for North Moore, I am thinking an all 3A league or some 2A/4A split. NH could go in all sorts of directions, possibly as far west as Thomasville and East Davidson, or as far east as Northwood and Carrboro. Not sure where they want to travel.

@BlackKnight24 I am admittedly less familiar with Eastern schools and travel times out that way. Looking at a map of NC counties, it seemed better to have Richmond go West. This placed them in a 6A/7A conference with Union County schools (6 of them). This would demand 7 hrs. and 37 min. of mandatory travel time (conference opponents over a two year period (home/away)). I now see that isn't what is best for Richmond.

I am switching Richmond back East in my scenario and will place them in a 7A/8A conference with Pine Forest, Jack Britt, Purnell Swett, Lumberton, 8A Pinecrest, 8A Hoke County. This lessens their mandatory travel to 5 hrs. and 23 min.

Thanks for your question.
i agree about putting richmond back in east but pine forest is further north in fayetteville than jack britt why not having south view or grays creek in the conference

i agree about putting richmond back in east but pine forest is further north in fayetteville than jack britt why not having south view or grays creek in the conference
South View and Gray's Creek are both 6A schools. The Richmond conference with Pine Forest and Jack Britt is a 7A/8A conference.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Well, since I am in Moore County, I wonder about Union Pines anf North Moore.

I am thinking UP will either be in all 6A conference or a 5A/6A split since Montgomery Central, Southern Lee, and Seaforth will most likely go 5A.

As for North Moore, I am thinking an all 3A league or some 2A/4A split. NH could go in all sorts of directions, possibly as far west as Thomasville and East Davidson, or as far east as Northwood and Carrboro. Not sure where they want to travel.
5A/6A East Conf - 5A Seaforth, 5A Southern Lee, Triton, Western Harnett, Harnett Central, Lee County, Union Pines

(Montgomery Central I have in 5A West, this may be similar to the Richmond deal where I need to do a deeper dive into mandatory drive times and see where I can make a switch)

3A/4A East Conf - 3A Northwood, 3A North Moore, Jordan-Matthews, SW Randolph, *Uwharrie Charter, Randleman

Reactions: RD28327
8A will be 2200+, 7A looks like 1600-2199. 6A looks to be 1200-1599, 5A appears to be 950-1199, 4A seems to be 775-949, 3A looks to be 600-774, 2A appears to be 400-599, and 1A looks like anything less than 399.
Wouldn't 8A be the top 32 teams regardless ADM until the others all filled up?

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT