ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News!!

On another issue but related it just came out in the snap that the BOCC can't control the excessive spending of the present sherriff. WHAT. The schools are drying up for the lack of money and the sherriff is spending recklessly. Does this tell everyone that something is very wrong in Stanly County.

I am and still am a Stone fan and I hate that he didn't get hired but I have heard from a great source that we are getting one of the best coaches in the state. I have heard from rumors that it will be announced on Monday night. We need to support and be positive until he proves otherwise. We have lost 15-20 seniors and 2015 was considered a rebuilding year. With the work these kids have done, according to this board this offseason, we should be fine! AHS will return to prominence.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Believe you me. You cannot believe everything that is posted on this board. AHS has a looooonnnnngggg way to go in order to return to prominence. Many a coach before Mr. Gaster thought the same thing, but he was one of the very few that was able to accomplish that feat. RIP Coach.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
spiketomandjerry4
I am and still am a Stone fan and I hate that he didn't get hired but I have heard from a great source that we are getting one of the best coaches in the state. I have heard from rumors that it will be announced on Monday night. We need to support and be positive until he proves otherwise. We have lost 15-20 seniors and 2015 was considered a rebuilding year. With the work these kids have done, according to this board this offseason, we should be fine! AHS will return to prominence.

If you know who he is, then tell us by God.....

spiketomandjerry4 I am aware that you have an inside source....

I have heard from a great source that we are getting one of the best coaches in the state. I have heard from rumors that it will be announced on Monday night. We need to support and be positive until he proves otherwise. We have lost 15-20 seniors and 2015 was considered a rebuilding year. With the work these kids have done, according to this board this offseason, we should be fine! AHS will return to prominence.

I hope they get a great coach that will give them at least five years. One of the "best coaches in the state" is not coming to Albemarle/Stanly County unless there are some special circumstances involved such as with Stone and some of those, at the most minimal level, could not be met. The loss of the seniors, the issues of the past few years, the inconsistency in the coaching staff, the issues with the schools closure, among other things are all reasons that a seasoned and successful head football coach was/is needed and should have been installed much sooner than the middle of July.

I truly hate it for every kid there. Three head coaches in three years, forfeited season with no playoffs, and then a summer without a coach. Way to put youth in a chance to be successful.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
I hope they get a great coach that will give them at least five years. One of the "best coaches in the state" is not coming to Albemarle/Stanly County unless there are some special circumstances involved such as with Stone and some of those, at the most minimal level, could not be met. The loss of the seniors, the issues of the past few years, the inconsistency in the coaching staff, the issues with the schools closure, among other things are all reasons that a seasoned and successful head football coach was/is needed and should have been installed much sooner than the middle of July.

I truly hate it for every kid there. Three head coaches in three years, forfeited season with no playoffs, and then a summer without a coach. Way to put youth in a chance to be successful.

Tango, I agree to a point at what your saying, but one thing you must keep in mind that this is "Albemarle". Regardless of how many seniors we lost last year, I guarantee that we still make it to the third round at least. I've heard the same thing back in 2000 when we lost 20+ seniors. I remember making it to the third round vs. Cummings in a game we almost won.

Not worried about the kids being able to compete. I'm worried that we may have hired a "Helen Keller"

Whomever the coach is that is "finally hired" he must install a sense of PRIDE. If it looks to the kids that no one really deeply cares then you will only get the same type of responses from the players. Thus, our downfall.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
How is this fiasco affecting the recr.....ehhh..... incoming transfers to the football program? Have they been allowed to return to their home schools? If so the coaches that recr..... assisted them with the transfers are they going to stay on board? And Albemarle making the third round beating two teams with sub .500 records is really something to brag about............ Can't close the doors on that place fast enough. The shenanigans that went on there for years have finally come full circle. The inmates are no longer running Stanly County and it's about time that the select few that controlled the county, the school and athletics no longer have the big stick. And it's about time.

Reactions: atucker2
How is this fiasco affecting the recr.....ehhh..... incoming transfers to the football program? Have they been allowed to return to their home schools? If so the coaches that recr..... assisted them with the transfers are they going to stay on board? And Albemarle making the third round beating two teams with sub .500 records is really something to brag about............ Can't close the doors on that place fast enough. The shenanigans that went on there for years have finally come full circle. The inmates are no longer running Stanly County and it's about time that the select few that controlled the county, the school and athletics no longer have the big stick. And it's about time.

We all joke about these "easy" games that we have at AHS each season but the bottom line is that we will have to coach to win this year. Thomasville, North Moore, East Montgomery, North Stanly, West Stanly, South Stanly, along with WM and Concord are all potential loses if we don't have our stuff together. We lost 15-20 seniors and are a young team. The only "easy" games on our schedule are CC and SD. With all that went on this past week with the Stone situation I really feel sorry for the new coach. But like I said, no matter what happens we have to have Bulldog Pride and trust that the powers at be made the right hire.

Tango, I agree to a point at what your saying, but one thing you must keep in mind that this is "Albemarle".

I get what your saying Sway but the numbers have been dropping and that hurts. I think AHS needs to look at getting kids in the absolute best condition and put the best 11 on the field.

A 1A team that loses in the third round of the playoffs is most likely not a very good football team or just got a bad draw. I remember in 2013 telling some folks that Davidson Day would be a tough game and I was reminded, "this isn't your typical 1A team, this is Albemarle."

I would like to apologize to everyone on the board for my recent outburst over the Russell Stone affair. I let my emotions get the best of me and I promise it want happen again. Thanks

Buddy u wear ur emotions on ur sleeve...nothin wrong with that. Plus it makes for great entertainment

This is a board to let out Your anger about what's going here. I feel like Russell Stone will not hold grievances against Albemarle High School and I think that because He got to know some of the Players that He will still be a part of Their lives now. Just My opinion

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Stone is not mad at anyone but disappointed it did not work out. Some people told him to beware and others talked up the job to him. Thought it was the fit for the school, the team, and him.

I know of one solid assistant coach that teaches math that had interest in a head job. He has a 4A ring. (Heard they needed a math or science teacher.) I had heard of another that may not need a teaching job but I want my HC at school at least half of the day..

Been following this fiasco for a long time. Just wondering Btango, is Williams from Richmond still available? Would he be who you referring to or a viable option at this point?

Yes on Greg Williams but not sure he would be interested in coming to Albemarle. He had a good friend, James Johnson, that went from Richmond to West Stanly. Obviously not the same caliber of football program but still part of the same system.

Been following this fiasco for a long time. Just wondering Btango, is Williams from Richmond still available? Would he be who you referring to or a viable option at this point?
Fiasco doesn't even come close to what's going on in Albemarle. Don't think there's a word in the dictionary that fits this situation. lol

Fiasco doesn't even come close to what's going on in Albemarle. Don't think there's a word in the dictionary that fits this situation. lol
I would like to say I have had a couple of opportunities to speak with Mr.Kilgore and I personally think he will do a great job. From what I understand Tuesday they will announce the new football coach and that he is a very good coach. The things that I have been told on how he is dealing with different things it seems like he is doing a good job so far.

I would say let's give him a chance rally around him the students and the school as a community. I believe we owe that to the kids. Every kid so far that has met him has liked him. He is a very genuine nice guy that seems to be a fair individual in the sense that he will be fair but consistent in the way he deals with the kids and teachers. My personal opinion this far is this is the kind of person we needed.

I am anxious to hear who the man is who will lead this football program. Additionally I believe Wes has been training these guys and they will be ready when the lights come on from a physical stand point.

I have spoken to a bunch of kids and they see the hate for AHS as well as the bias. They are hungry by a majority to prove people wrong. We didn't get to this point over night and it won't change over night. What I do know is we need people actively involved as far as booster club, fans, and support for these kids. I expect this to be a fantastic year for the bulldogs.

I would like to take a moment to say thanks to Wes Herlocker for trying to hold everything together during this very difficult time. I know he has been working them hard so at least when the new coach is announced at least he will have a team that is in shape. Thanks Wes!!!!
I also heard that our numbers for football will be around 45 I believe last year we were at 38??

Nation just wondering how reliable your source is on a coach being named on Tuesday. I keep hearing a coach will be named tomorrow and tomorrow never comes.

I just heard a name has been submitted and will be announced Tuesday night at the Board meeting. Nobody has been told as of right now. It's been hush hush about it all. I have heard that this coach will do a great job for the school and these kids. So I am looking forward to Tuesday night just like everyone else.

Amen to that murphy1981. The only plus is the guys will be in football shape due to the great work of our strength and condioning coach who has been working the guys really hard in the off season.

All 4 high schools will be getting a new HC in the same year. Doubt if this has ever happened before.

Not sure of the name... but my sources have "SNAPped" a picture of the new Albemarle HC. I posted it below. He's missing one of his top linebackers due to some family issues. Not sure his mom is on board with the foosball program at Albemarle. She may come around if the fans rally around her boy and convince her to let him play. If not, all could be lost this season. As soon as I hear more I'll let you guys know.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT