ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News!!

If no jv team is true and with 45 kids maybe, just maybe we can 2-platoon this year.

When you have the numbers and the studs two platooning is great but when you have a big dropoff between the player on the field and the one on the sideline because you are forcing the two platoon is not good in my opinion. If you want to start 22 but get the best players on the field that is fine. I am a firm believer at the 1A level playing your best players gives you the best chance to win. Some of the best teams this state has produced at the 4A level often had a few players that played both sides and some specialties. I would think AHS has three or four that would benefit the squad by being on the field most of the game.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Wow........ after reading this thread and the accusations etc....... talk about a train wreck. I wonder if the accuser has the testicular fortitude to come on here and apologize? And back to a comment I made earlier, the smugness, arrogance and attitude of many AHS fans is why there is so much dislike. Accusing the President of the Booster's Club of racism was clearly unfounded and down right libelous. It's understandable to a point to rip on opposing teams' posters but to attack the person that was voted in to lead the support system for athletics is down right a shame. Says a lot about the fan base as a whole rather than the individual parts.

Reactions: atucker2
1. BD I agree there should be an apology when it comes to the former booster club president.

2. Your always talking about arrogance, smugness and attitude from AHS fans, but on here, I have yet to see any proof of what your saying. Just admit it, you have an issue with our students and staff. I have been posting on this board since 2010, and got into a couple arguments with some, but not once did I down play WM in any way or any other school student body for that fact. Just regular smack talk from a sports fan. Not one time has anybody that posts on here that's an AHS fans has called WM staff inmates and or their students "Thugs".
You show me proof.
I will stand by my post, take a third look if you'd like.

Well, most of Us didn't know the Booster Club President. We where mostly defending the Athletes. Just like West Montgomery, We will take up for these Guys and if We feel like if They are being disrespected .We will be say something.

1. BD I agree there should be an apology when it comes to the former booster club president.

2. Your always talking about arrogance, smugness and attitude from AHS fans, but on here, I have yet to see any proof of what your saying. Just admit it, you have an issue with our students and staff. I have been posting on this board since 2010, and got into a couple arguments with some, but not once did I down play WM in any way or any other school student body for that fact. Just regular smack talk from a sports fan. Not one time has anybody that posts on here that's an AHS fans has called WM staff inmates and or their students "Thugs".
You show me proof.
I will stand by my post, take a third look if you'd like.

LOL... point made. I never referenced the school staff, students or called anyone a "thug." You keep it classy sway. You always have. As far as the inmates running the asylum I'm guessing you aren't familiar with that trope. Well, maybe that explains a lot.

I am sorry for stirring up racism! The whole post got carried way out of control. I didn't even know the guys name, it was just something I heard on the street. I was asking if anyone else had heard the same thing. I never accused any particular person of anything. It is good to hear that these reports were FALSE. Onto better things since this guy is no longer at Albemarle anyways. Who is our new head coach? I cant believe that someone doesn't know. I will bet that Coach Talbert takes it back over for a year as late as it is in the process. If Talbert doesn't take it I think that Herlocker will do it, but he has NO experience which bothers me. Beyond that I am hoping for Travis Gaster?

I am sorry for stirring up racism! The whole post got carried way out of control. I didn't even know the guys name, it was just something I heard on the street. I was asking if anyone else had heard the same thing. I never accused any particular person of anything. It is good to hear that these reports were FALSE. Onto better things since this guy is no longer at Albemarle anyways. Who is our new head coach? I cant believe that someone doesn't know. I will bet that Coach Talbert takes it back over for a year as late as it is in the process. If Talbert doesn't take it I think that Herlocker will do it, but he has NO experience which bothers me. Beyond that I am hoping for Travis Gaster?

Glad you apologized.

As far as Talbert taking it, that has a lower probability of them finding life on Mars tomorrow and making it public.

Gaster is the HC of Princeton I believe.

Glad you apologized.

As far as Talbert taking it, that has a lower probability of them finding life on Mars tomorrow and making it public.

Gaster is the HC of Princeton I believe.

Do you really think we will go out of our comfort zone and hire and outsider? That hasn't been done since Gaster. Is the board meeting tonight or tomorrow?

Every coach in the state has to pass through a county board and be approved. So unless they give Albemarle special treatment (hahhahaha) we will have to wait till tomorrow.

Every coach in the state has to pass through a county board and be approved. So unless they give Albemarle special treatment (hahhahaha) we will have to wait till tomorrow.
LOL @ All Out and what are the chances Albemarle receives special treatment? Or would I have a better shot at winning the lottery?

Btango. If anybody on here knows who the next coach will be it is you. So TELL US.lol

No idea at this point. My 1 and 2 were Stone and Williams althought I do not think Greg Williams applied. A former defensive coach from Indy had an interest but I never got a good read on that from a few people that know him. I had some guys contact me about it and then they were like not too interested after they looked at it a little more.

o_Owell look on the brightside the players say he is a nice guy lol we all know how important that is...

As a Thomasville fan, I genuinely hope that you guys get a really good coach...and soon. I know what we went through the last two years, but our situation was mild compared to the one in Albemarle.

If nothing else, this cements my belief that Thomasville should never merge with Davidson County and that I hope we never have an elected school board. When added to the mess in High Point, it's easy to see that the needs of communities get overwhelmed when those things occur.

Good luck to you.

Just received some breaking news. As I speak the new hc at Albemarle is being approved by the BOE along with several other coaches. He is an outsider and not many of us will know his name. He does have ties to SC back in the 90's. That is all I know.

Scott is a long time friend but have only spoken with him once in the last several years. Good guy, solid person. Always been a hard worker. Mom works or worked at West Stanly. He graduated in 1981.

Has coached at several schools including Richmond one season in the mid 1990's. Was AD at SE Guilford. I am pretty sure he has enough time in the system to retire but this area is home. He interviewed for the West job in 2013.

In 2001 he predicted the future. At the state title I game I asked him about the sub-dividing of 1A. He said it will all be sub-divided next year. He also told me he because every coach would want it. He was right again.

Last edited:
Lol, ol' Foot.....have times have changed.

I spoke with my dad; who went to South Stanly, and I told him about our situation, especially in football. He looked me in my eye and said "Son, Albemarle has had it's time" with a simle lmao.

Foot there is no doubt that beating Albemarle in the YVC taste like sweet honey on a gold dish. Regardless of what team we field come August (In which I believe will be a decent one), I expect Albemarle to put up a good fight come October.

Ah, it runs in cycles. I expect it to be a dogfight in October. I hope you guys have JV and you got a good coach. Believe it or not, I truly believe the better everyone in the conference is from top to bottom, the better it is for WM and everyone else come playoff time. Easy games in September don't help you against Swain County or those Duplin County Marauders from Wallace or JK come late November/December.

Smith coached at NS, Parkwood and Sun Valley. Has had an AD job and now is coming back. With me originating in the guilford county area, I can say I have never heard a bad word about Scott, and neither has anyone else where he has been

That's good to hear all-out. I was a Stone guy from day one, but now I will support coach Smith just like I have all the other bulldog coaches. Go Dogs.

I heard that this is a better deal.

Smith just didn't have the athletes at CATA like he's going to inherit at Albemarle.
I also heard we're getting a defensive genius to go along with Smith.....get your pop corn ready.

I have been doing some digging and it appears that Coach Smith was Herlocker's coach when he played at North Stanley. Coach Smith has an impressive resume and has never had the chance to get his hands on the type of talent we have at AHS. With him being a former AD it will also be a security blanket that our kids are eligible. I haven't been this excited about football since Baxter Morris. Welcome aboard Coach Smith!

Scott is a long time friend but have only spoken with him once in the last several years. Good guy, solid person. Always been a hard worker. Mom works or worked at West Stanly. He graduated in 1981.

Has coached at several schools including Richmond one season in the mid 1990's. Was AD at SE Guilford. I am pretty sure he has enough time in the system to retire but this area is home. He interviewed for the West job in 2013.

In 2001 he predicted the future. At the state title I game I asked him about the sub-dividing of 1A. He said it will all be sub-divided next year. He also told me he because every coach would want it. He was right again.
Is this the same Scott Smith that was good friends with Mike Stoker? If it is I've known him since he was in high school.

Baxter? Spike you must be new to Albemarle Football. Baxter took over in 2006 I believe. But he couldn't hold Gaster's cup of cold water. Two coaches on two levels.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Update:

Wes is leaving his AD position to become the become assistant coach to Smith. This is great news! He's been working with the students from day 1.

I really wish Wes would give up the AD job and be an assistant coach. I agree with you Buddy about there being no comparison between Gaster and Morris.

Does this mean we can start talking about conference play etc???. Lol. By the way this is warriorpride. Something fishy has happened with my other account........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT