ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News!!

Well if Stone is indeed the man for the job, I don't see Albemarle having any problems with the football this season! One position filled, now 3 more to go!

Deana told me how to send conversations on this board.....and I still haven't figured it out. I need screen shots!

I am ready Buddy! I been trying to stay away so I wouldn't be aching for August to get here so bad. Staying away hasn't helped.

Russell will be the next coach, Wes will be the DC.

I think West Montgomery will still be favored as long as their OL executes consistently and plays tough. Besides that, WM looks fairly stout. The Albemarle-WM game has become relevant again.

You're right on the button EF. I agree WM will still be favored but it will be interesting!

I was told that the school attached transcripts to the report cards this year. I was also told tonight that the new principal has one year left before retirement age. The hanky panky continues, if this is true. Carpe Diem.... Then plan C?

Why would the principal make the move to AHS if he only has one year until retirement???

Since open enrollment ended yesterday at 5 would like to know how many kids opted for this.

On another note note I have heard that he will fully embrace the NCC. Sooo we need to get it up and running again. This time it will be the "over the hill version". Some of the orginial members have passed on and those of us left are probably just as a step away from the "twilight zone". I will talk to Bluebones and see if we can get things rolling again. We need to start a membership drive so we can replenish the funds that he and I have squandered away. Jack is probably sitting up in heaven smiling.
If you do have a membership drive it would be a honor to join such a prestigious club.

Coach Stone has been able to beat Richmond County in the past. We didn't know how good of a Coach that We where getting when Jack came here but We already know( thanks to the Guys on the other board) how good Russell Stone is. Loki up Russell Stone athletics on Facebook and YouTube

Can someone please walk me step through step on how to have a conversation with someone else on the board.

Can someone please walk me step through step on how to have a conversation with someone else on the board.

Buddy go to my post, Deana walks through the steps....be hell, I still can't find the conversation button.

Yeah I agree with EF. WM should be the cock of the walk this year. BUT if we can kept the school open and if this new coach is approved watch out for the Albemarle Bulldogs next year.

Eddins called the dogs off mid 3rd quarter last year....I just don't see that much of a gap closing in one year. But with a good coach it could be coming. Albemarle has always had athletes. I hope it is the YVC game of the year....As long as WM wins of course!

Eddins called the dogs off mid 3rd quarter last year....I just don't see that much of a gap closing in one year. But with a good coach it could be coming. Albemarle has always had athletes. I hope it is the YVC game of the year....As long as WM wins of course!

How many holding penalties did West Montgomery have last year? It seemed like their OL was a bit too grabby/touchy feely the past few years. If West Montgomery can shore up that OL, they will be in the YVC driver's seat.

I think a strong,fast DL can wear down the Warriors' OL. The Warriors will meet the eyeball test, but they can't pack it in like they did in the 2nd half against Starmount. However, if WM's OL has matured and have paid the price during the offseason, they will win the YVC going away.

Wes has kept the dogs together during a very difficult year at Albemarle and with this new HC I think we are going to surprise a lot of teams this year.

Albemarle will not beat West Montgomery this year. But if Albemarle wins, I wouldn't be surprised either....because Albemarle is expected to win every game. That's just the mentality of the fans and that needs to be the mentality of the "Players".

Once everything is official, and I'm praying that it will be; I believe that the players will be more "Shell Shocked" than the fans once the ball starts rolling. That's only because we're used to seeing the win, and these players may have forgotten what a coach does to ensure that they do.

I'm not taking anything away from the previous coaches.....but with Stone and Wes, these players are in for a rude awakening.....and I mean a "Nasty" one.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
If Coach Stone is approved......Does anyone know what type of Offense and Defense he will run? There may be a big learning curve for the players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT