ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News!!

I can tell from your posts that you know more football than me Earnhardt as I don't know who is supposed to do what and all of that. All I know is this, I'll take 28 points against Albemarle or anyone else we play this year. If we are lucky enough to make it to the 3rd round, or the semis, or even make it all the way to the finals, I'll take 28 points. If we lose, we lose. Its not always about beating someone when you have to keep scoring and scoring. JK taught us that lesson very well. At some point, you have to stop the other team too. And we lost more from our defense than we did on offense. That is a bigger worry for most on this side of the river. I was just trying to get Sway stirred up with my original comment anyway! o_O

Reactions: sway1532
Russell Stone will be the next head coach. I'm very happy for Albemarle and Coach Stone. Albemarle may not win the state championship next year, but you will be in the running for a title.

And for the West Montgomery dude, I don't see the Warriors beating Albemarle by 28. Besides the OL issues, it has also been mentioned that the Warriors have concerns on defense. The Warriors will still be favored, but it will be much closer than you think.

Announced on Channel 9??....well I'll just be.

I never watch the news, but I'll have beer in hand and controller for vol. in the other.

So what type of position do they have for the potential head coach of a high school that is disarray with moral dragging the bottom of the bucket? Do they have one? Albemarle needs a head coach with experience that come in and get things moving forward. They need a leader who is accustomed to working with young men who may not have the best home life. They need a person that wants to be there and wants to be there for an extended period of time. They got the guy. Do they have the position? Remember Doug was the only football coach on staff at the high school last year.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Amazing. The no classclub needs to call Mr. Burr and get things figured out. This hire is a no brainer. They need to make this happen. Expectations have been raised. It's time to get the deal done.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Russell Stone will be the next head coach. I'm very happy for Albemarle and Coach Stone. Albemarle may not win the state championship next year, but you will be in the running for a title.

And for the West Montgomery dude, I don't see the Warriors beating Albemarle by 28. Besides the OL issues, it has also been mentioned that the Warriors have concerns on defense. The Warriors will still be favored, but it will be much closer than you think.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. WM is better on Defense this year than last, has one of the biggest, fastest lines in the state regardless of classification and the best coaching staff in 1A football. I agree, 28 points is way too small of a spread. You should worry about your school until you have a coach. And since the doors opened up for anyone in Stanly County to attend Albemarle I guess you guys are having flashbacks of the State Title years. Good luck with the open enrollment and explaining that even with the best Stanly County had to offer you still got your A$$E$ handed to you by 40 points.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. WM is better on Defense this year than last, has one of the biggest, fastest lines in the state regardless of classification and the best coaching staff in 1A football. I agree, 28 points is way too small of a spread. You should worry about your school until you have a coach. And since the doors opened up for anyone in Stanly County to attend Albemarle I guess you guys are having flashbacks of the State Title years. Good luck with the open enrollment and explaining that even with the best Stanly County had to offer you still got your A$$E$ handed to you by 40 points.

I will contact someone to see if anything can be done about this. It's obviously sabotage.

Lots of respect for West Montgomery Atletics but You have got to get over these beating Albemarle years. We kicked Warrior tail for a long time. If Coach Stone comes to Albemarle He will already have respect for Nick.

Lots of respect for West Montgomery Atletics but You have got to get over these beating Albemarle years. We kicked Warrior tail for a long time. If Coach Stone comes to Albemarle He will already have respect for Nick.

I'm sure COACH Eddins appreciates your compliment however backhanded it is. You refer to your coaching candidate as coach but to West Montgomery's Head Football Coach as Nick. The smugness that surrounds many of the Albemarle fans is so evident and obvious that many people can't wait for the doors to be closed on that bastion of education............ see you in the fall. Maybe if the emphasis wasn't on only winning on the fields the test scores and graduation rates would not have warranted the issues that are there today.

To Warrior and Pride....no shade will be thrown here. :cool:

DBHarris first of all "Hush". I don't even think that KW has as much hate for Albemarle as you do. I feel the Force and it tells me that you have lot of "Butt Hurt" from the days Albemarle drug WM up and down the field. Let me ask you this DB since your on the "High Horse", Does Swain, James Kenan(Twice), Startmount.....Albemarle ring bells in your hallway. Matter of fact, what is WM State Championship record...0-3 and that's including the 70s-80s. But I do agree that the education at Albemarle is in a cesspool, but that's only due to the fact that we have been sabotaged.....if you knew half of what I know...

Much respect to the real WM fans that has respect for Albemarle and the rest of the YVC.

Bdharris i echo everything u said. i personally love all the drama goin on in albemarle. i love how the sky was falling and now they r a quarterback away from state championship. Lmao! oh yeah and sway says they have been sabotaged which is why majority of the school flunks fingerpainting. Yeah thats the reason kids r dumb at albemarle...sabotage.

I stand corrected KW, you never seem to amaze me lmao.

KW you know as well as I do when someone has it out for you.....

Reliable source that Stone and one other coach is interviewing Friday. It is Stone's to turn down. Other coach is a dark horse, I am not exactly sure who it could be. This process needs to end tomorrow.

Only a couple of coaches applied for the job. Now they are having interviews less than a month before the start of the season. How the hell could anyone in his right mind want to teach school or coach in Stanly County.

Why wouldn't u want to coach at albemarle u r guaranteed at least a 9 and 2 season every year due to terrible conference. Plus 2 more easy playoff games. So u make it to 3rd round every year. And this year...i hear they r a quarterback away from state championship :) heck sign me up to coach.

KW, I would assume you didn't apply for head coach. With all that you just said you understand the expectations of being the head coach at AHS. Not that easy!

I heard the same thing. They will start interviews soon....but I also heard that their mind was made up...not sure what that means.

I heard a couple more things today also from a good source.

Spiketom not that easy? those 7 conference wins plus whippin west stanly is pretty darn easy. West montgomery and concord tuff thomasville soso but those other 8 games u could play ur middle school players and win those games, which is why at those particular games there is no fans in the stands its pretty sad, but if albemarle was my team i wouldnt go watch boring blowouts either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT