ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News!!

I heard from a reliable source that elvis lives on venus and he is now interested in the job? Any truth to this guys?

Stanly News and Press says all 26 open enrollment transfers were approved by Dr. Griffen If so that sure hurt Albemarle's basketball team.

Yeah it did. But the BBall team still has a lot coming back. Some of the boys have been working extremely hard and have improved a lot.

We all know what open enrollment was meant to do. We have a lot to accomplish this year and that's where our focus needs to be.

Spiketom not that easy? those 7 conference wins plus whippin west stanly is pretty darn easy. West montgomery and concord tuff thomasville soso but those other 8 games u could play ur middle school players and win those games, which is why at those particular games there is no fans in the stands its pretty sad, but if albemarle was my team i wouldnt go watch boring blowouts either.

I agree with You about sitting and watching those games like Chatham Central. We need to play Teams like West Montgomery every week. Nobody should want 11 wins every year. The Rocky River Conference was a lot more exciting

But a few want to keep Us as a little School in a little Town beating little Teams. It's ridiculous and a waste of a good Athletes time

Of the 26 open enrollment transfers, wonder what schools lost or gained the most students?

He can be an option but a position becomes the issue when the person is retired if the perspective employee wants to keep his retirement in place and make any income. Doubtful the county office is getting very creative to help place him.

Reactions: Sleehrat84
Stanly News and Press says all 26 open enrollment transfers were approved by Dr. Griffen If so that sure hurt Albemarle's basketball team.

How many transferred in to the mighty Bulldog football program? I'm sure the booster's club made sure the needs were filled.....oops.....except for the coach! LOL!!!!

So many of Our Football Players play Basketball. What Hurts the Basketball Program will hurt the the Program. BD, We wouldn't wish this to happen to the WM program so be a little more respectful

I heard today that Stone can't be an option because he is retired. I hope this isn't true.

That's not true.

It's tough for Albemarle to offer him a position or the unwillingness too....

With only 1 1/2 month to field a team, the odds of this happening is growing slimmer each day of the week.

If this doesn't happen next week, I personally don't believe it will happen at all. Funny thing is, Stone wants the job....

Austin Street Lunch, Whitley Luncheonette, Central Lunch, Joe's Do-Nut Dinette, and Hal's were all on my lunch schedule. They are all gone now although Joe's does do breakfast after being closed for several years.
Belive it or not I remember when the Miss Kitty& the Long Branch Saloon was kicking after a Bulldog game

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Welcome back to the board Bluebones. Hang around and lets have some fun this year. I for one have missed you on the boards

From what I am hearing is that it will be Stone if they can get some retired and part time issues out of the way. If not I think they will go with Herlocker, who is the best "in house." Herlocker has also been working them out during the spring and even the summer. There may be an outside shot at them bringing in someone else, but with Albemarle's uncertainty I think Stone is plan A and Herlocker as plan B. Best case scenario would be Stone and Herlocker as a duo! It seems too good to be true.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Just my thoughts but I think bringing a new principal on board is what has slowed the hiring down. If they didn't hire a new principal this would have been done. I understand this will end tomorrow one way or the other. I know everybody involved is tired and wore out from all this not knowing. Sometimes the not knowing is worse then knowing. It is past time to put all this behind us and start moving forward for the new season is almost upon us. Good luck dogs.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Wes should be the Kicking Coach. We don't see much kicking into the end zone anymore and fair catches don't happen much. Our Opponent starts on the 45 or like WM runs Them back

The last thing left is for the BOE to give the greenlight and he will be working with the players on Tuesday. If this is blown I am at a loss of words. Trying to make it happen has been a complete cluster and a disservice to the school and county. It is my understanding the new prinicpal is wanting to make it happen and is positive about the hire but being new and not knowing the system I am sure he is swimming upstream also.

I understand the issues involved with hiring a coach and the main candidate was a little more complicated due to the retirement scenario but let's see the big picture. The benefits of getting a quality and experienced multi sport staff in the building for half the day is a huge plus!

Hello administration! Look at that beautiful forest. And the reply, "all I see is a bunch of f'ing trees."

Well if that is the case, then we can get into football ode and the administration can fill the other coaching positions that haven't been filled!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT