ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Foothills/NW/Mid State JV Thread

JV standings will be up tomorrow!

They are very interesting to say the least. The Mid State conference is probably one of the most wacky I've seen. A lot of parity in that league from top to bottom but hard to say who's the best team. Northwest is gonna be surprising too.

I'll try to make it interesting with rundowns and all that jazz.

No JV game for us this week against North Stokes. We didn't play south stokes either, does anyone have any info as to what's going on?

No JV game for us this week against North Stokes. We didn't play south stokes either, does anyone have any info as to what's going on?

For South no idea. Scheduling that Carver game was really interesting especially since it went so bad there.

North Stokes is probably numbers. When we scrimmaged them in August they had a lot of injuries then and were iffy from what I remember even playing JV. They didn't have a good 3 games so they probably folded for safety.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Foothills-JV-Pre-1013.png

Here are the standings! Forgive the odd formatting, Google Docs is hard to get lined up sometimes lol. Up first is the Foothills. I'll do a rundown of each conference and each team's spot. Got one for the Northwest, Mid State, and the Forsyth schools in that league with PL Prep and MIC.

Foothills this year is looking like North Surry's to lose the next 3 weeks. They are in the drivers seat now after their win over West Wilkes last week. They step out of conference play vs North Forsyth this week so that game won't effect anything either way moving forward. The final two games do mean a lot for the 'Hounds despite who they play. One win will get them at least a split with the 2nd place team, a sweep would give them the conference solo. However SC is a major rival and the 'Hounds cannot afford to sleep in that one.

2nd place is wide open still at the moment however more than likely it will be decided this week in East Bend. East despite their loss to NS has been playing good ball still. The Bush meanwhile has been winning ugly; including a bare 4 point win over SC last week. That comeback vs West was clutch and helped keep them afloat despite their loss to NS.

Their is also a race for 3rd going on between West Wilkes and Wilkes Central. West's chance at a repeat ended last week in Toast as they couldn't hold down North's offense despite a solid ball control plan. Combined with their loss to the Bush they are out of the hunt after winning it last year. However there is still a lot to play for. They play a streaking WC squad this week who's woke up after 2 awful loses to start the conference season. WC's offense has finally found their footings after a rough go in the opening 2 weeks. They gave up 88 points to North and East but it's been better sailing since then.

Last but not least are Surry Central and North WIlkes who will be playing in Dobson to see who does and who doesn't get locked in the cellar. Both have had some tough seasons this year but look to end it on a higher note. SC's had a very stubborn defense in quite a few matchups to overcome their offensive woes, NW's meanwhile not had any luck on either side of the ball. On Paper Central looks like the favorite here but the rain may be the Viking's best buddy in Dobson that night if they play it out.

NW-JV-Standings-Pre-10-13.png

Northwest wise it's looking like the usual story between the Rams and the Bears. I was low-key hoping they wouldn't play and we'd fer a split for kicks. That's not gonna happen now so Monday we will have a winner overall unless something crazy happens.

Looking like East Wilkes has 3rd place locked up unless they give up an upset to someone. Given what happens in Ram land they could possibly play into the runner up spot if Starmount lets it slip the next few games. Before the MA and Starmount game got scheduled East was in line to be the ultimate spoiler, now it's changed but it still could be quite fun for them.

Alleghany meanwhile has stayed around quite stubbornly this year. I called them as a surprise stubborn squad to start the year and they've lived up to it. Besides last week and the Grayson county game they've played everyone quite well.

Then there's Elkin who's been all over the place this year. One week they give up 46 to North Surry, the next game they shutout North Stokes and play EW awfully hard. Very weird group of kids to figure out. However the Rams thudded them last week and they have a big matchup vs the Trojans this week to make up for it. A win will make their year a success a loss not so much.

Then there's the 2 Stokes schools who have been struggling this year. South's had more luck out of the two as they have a win over Bishop and a bare loss to McMichael as well as a super respectful outing vs East Surry. However they haven't played great at all the past 3 games especially last week as Carver ran all over them to a shutout. They are either down on talent or #'s. Time will show that. North Stokes has struggled to stay afloat on JV with only 3 games and not a point scored. With them not playing East this week it looks like their season may be done.

Mid-State-JV-Pre-10-13.png

Up next is the Mid State 2A which is one of the wackier standings I've done. It's full of teams who can't seem to make their minds up if they want to contend or not. It's one lead team and a whole pack of teams stuck.

West Stokes has surprised so far to be heads and shoulders the best in this conference. Their offense has been opened up with the Air Raid and it seems to be paying off with close and solid wins. Last week they beat HP Andrews for the first time on JV which is a huge win for that program. They are in the drivers seat for the title at the moment. A win either tomorrow vs Reidsville or North Forsyth will earn them at least a share of that title. 2 Wins will be a triumph of a year and a solo crown. They do have to slay the Reidsville giant which West hasn't done yet in many, many tries. They have the wall against them here but it makes them dangerous a sa result.

2nd place of all teams belongs to Walkertown at the moment. Walkertown started the year off horribly with an upset lost to Lexington who hasn't even had a JV squad the past couple of years. It looked like it was gonna be a wash early plus they were destroyed by Eastern Randolph and Starmount by similar margins. However their defense has grown to be quite stubborn and woken up to play super tough the past few games. They upset North Forsyth last week and that puts them in the drivers seat to be the spoiler especially after that surprise 35-0 shutout win over Reidsville.

Up next is North Forsyth who's been all over the place this year. Started off with a respectful loss to Forbush then after a thumping by Mount Tabor they woke up to 3 big wins in a row including that upset of Reidsville. However things have gotten rough the past 2 games following upsets by both HP Andrews and Walkertown they are on the outside looking in now. This week they are out of conference playing North Surry before returning to potentially be spoiler to West Stokes next week.

Then it's a 4 way mess between the remaining teams. Raise your hand if you ever figured Reidsville would be in a scrum to avoid being the bottom in a 2A football conference? Hmm no one raised a hand.. interesting. The Rams have been out of sorts this year it's a very unknown position for that program as youth appartantly is rearing it's head. However they have statistically the best offense despite their defensive struggles. It may very well be a high scoring game vs the Wildcats this week.

Out of the the other three teams it looks like Morehead is the best as they are close to being equal on points they just haven't had the luck this year so far. Andrews is too hard to predict overall. McMichael meanwhile has one of the worst defenses around and can't seem to score points. It looks like they have the inside track to the bottom.

Other-j-V-Pre-10-13.png

Last are the two Forsyth teams who are out in the wildnerness.

Bishop's been struggling vs more athletic teams but they upset SW Randolph to a W last week. Carver meanwhile's been playing quite well despite limited games. They beat McMichael in a thriller and routed South last week. I don't know if they will play any more but they look to have some potential moving forward.

North Surry 34, North Forsyth 6

This game honestly wasn't what I was expecting. Figured NF would come in being good due to that Reidsville win but honestly they weren't even close to that. I honestly think the team they had last year was better. They must have moved some kids up or something. Had to have because there's no way the team we played tonight beat Reidsville. One of the oddest games I've sat through.

Our defense played solid tonight. They couldn't move anything on us until the bench came in. They scored on our bench with 5 to go to avoid the shutout. They got an untimed down like the varsity game last year but we stopped them from scoring again. 2nd quarter they fell apart and we did everything we wanted including a pick 6. After the awful start from last week it was a step up. Offense changed somethings around but I felt we played good enough with just 2 days to implement it. A week of practice will do the kids good.

Next week we got SC in the home finale. Will be a big game for us; sophomores remember letting one slip to them last year and i'm sure it will fire them up. Hard to believe the season's almost over!

Last report on the 2A board was Reidsville 46, West Stokes 14.

If true that leaves the mid state in an even more unique spot. West can still win the JV in at least a split if they beat NF next week. Walkertown will split with them unless they lose another one.

Speaking of the pack:

Walkertown 39, McMichael 28

Way more closer than I figured but the first picture on Twitter shared of this game was in a foggy mess. Somehow it managed to be an offensive showcase.

If they win the next two games vs Morehead and Andrews they will split the JV title. If not it will be West's with a loss. Walkertown's the only team who can share it now unless either West loses or they lose one of 2.

Fun times!

Elkin 29 Alleghany 22....difference in game was special teams elkin ran the opening kickoff back and later scored on a punt return for touchdown.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Missing Ashe's score, and ES and Forbush; surprising considering that's the 2nd place game for the Foothills.

Totally surprised by WC's win there. West's QB got banged up last week. Was he out or did West move some kids up?

Reactions: WESTERNOC44
Missing Ashe's score, and ES and Forbush; surprising considering that's the 2nd place game for the Foothills.

Totally surprised by WC's win there. West's QB got banged up last week. Was he out or did West move some kids up?
WC broke a couple big runs late in the game off the back of some WW fumbles according to what I was told over the weekend.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Word is. The bears are bringing the whole JV team. Minus the two guys that only play varsity. I guess they're taking this one seriously.

Reidsville and Walkertown JV has never been played. Don't know where 35 to 0 came from.

Max Preps had it listed.. sounds about right. Someone got the final wrong on their varsity page from their game last week. I'll fix it.

I hate how MP allows random people not in the program to list finals. Such a bad idea.

Last edited:
Mount Airy 25, Starmount 0 - final
And answer to the other question sometimes with the eight quarter rule they play kids up on the varsity so that they can play the second half of the varsity games. That's my understanding anyway somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. Use it they're missing about 7 to 8 guys that are playing on the varsity as freshmen and sophomores. Went to the game Starmount has a good little team. The defensive line from Mount airy is amazing. Hadn't really paid that much attention in the previous games but it was a good game for a half. The yadkin boys could not move the football though. Whatsoever. The Mount airy defense was very very good. However there's a bunch of great looking kids over there so future looks bright for the Rams.

Reactions: REWhitley
If Starmount and Allaghany play tonight why is Mt airys JV season over when we schedule to play them in 2 weeks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT