ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Foothills/NW/Mid State JV Thread

Still need scores from:

East Wilkes/South Stokes
West Stokes's game

MA vs Starmount (deciding on the date,)
Alleghany vs North Stokes
North Forsyth vs HP Andrews (ditto to MA Starmount)

Well they didn't play us on Thursday and no mention of a make-up. I was told they didn't have a JV. I dont know the details.

Wow. How does that mix up happen Deanna? Did South choose not to play or was there some amicable agreement between the two teams? He says he has a team yet they don't play EW?

Well MA and Starmount JV didn’t play on Wednesday due to a SHS home soccer match and Friday due to MA getting out of school early plus the rain. They couldn’t play tonight because of another home soccer game

i don’t know why EW-SS didn’t play.

Random question for anyone who may know and I didn't want to start a thread in case if not true:

but does anyone know if there is any truth to a random game that's just popped up? Max Preps and NFHS has South Stokes and Carver playing Wendsday night at 6:30 on Varsity. Both teams were to be off this week so it makes logistical sense if they decided to play late, but it looks so out of nowhere. I checked Twitter but I didn't see anything announcing it.

North Surry 30, West Wilkes 10

Proud of our boys! Hard fought win! West is no slouch.

West came into Toast just 15 minutes before gametime which blew my mind. They strolled in like it was nothing. They had a very smart gameplan and it worked well the first quarter. Besides the MA game that was our worst first quarter of the year, awful. We gave up a safety but had a huge defensive stop to get momentum back. QB played his heart out tonight and about got thumped a few times but he got us points when we needed it. 2nd quarter was one of the best we played all year in a 180. West's gameplan went to heck then because they couldn't ball control us we had a constant 2 TD lead.

They came out and scored after half but we then had a tough drive for a TD. Their QB got hurt which I hated to see that kid played really hard. Then our kid got hurt; it was a rough last quarter. Proud of our bench we shut them down with our really young kids in and West couldn't do anything after we drove and scored. It's like they ran out of gas.

Proud of our kids, we've beat three of the JV powerhouses the past 3 weeks. Those weren't easy games either we had to fight to win those. Look forward to the next three weeks, each game presents something different.

Last edited:
Reactions: radioguy16
Slash if they do it would give both teams 11 games….

Indeed. Sounds like someone on Carver's end messed up on the schedule part. It was actually a JV game 🤣 They played last year as well due to South having an opening. Carver put a JV highlight film up of that game on Hudl too.

Carver won big 42-0. They might have a competitive 1A squad in a couple of years.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Walkertown 19, North Forsyth 12

Man what a weird season for North Forsyth.. they are all over the place.

Almost beat Forbush in the season opener.. then getting creamed by Tabor. Then a 3 game win streak inclding that Reidsville win. Now they've lost 2 in a row including last night to Walkertown team that lost to Lexington. Then maybe Walkertown aren't so bad because they shutout Reidsville last week.

Maybe this conference is just hard to predict lol.

We play NF next Thursday, no idea what to expect. It'll be a great test to see us vs speed though. Won't harm our conference record regardless.

Last edited:
West Stokes 14, HP Andrews 6

HUGE win for West. I believe this is their first ever JV win over HPA they played back in the early days of West but I don't think they played JV. They didn't play last year for sure.

West's in the drivers seat in terms of their conference now. They play Reidsville next week in what may be one of their biggest games in a long time. If they win they more or less will have the Mid State title in their hands. If not it'll come down to the NF game the next week but they lost their chance at the title last night after that loss to Walkertown. Unless West epically falls apart and loses both games they will win the Mid State by at least a 1 game margin.

Glad to see someone besides Reidsville win that conference out at a level for a change; best for everyone in that conference.

Wilkes Central 42, North Wilkes 0

Central's starting to turn things around after an awful start to the year vs North and East Surry. This makes wins in 2 of the last 3 games for the Eagles. Them vs Forbush is gonna be good in the finale.

NW's third shutout loss of the year.

Forbush 18, Surry Central 14

The Bush is struggling to make something out of the season after losing the conference title race last week. This will be the first time since 2016 they haven't competed for a JV title. Central meanwhile was looking for their first win, made for a close affair.

Bush vs East Surry next week might be interesting. If Bush's line doesn't get healthier then East will run all over them. Central meanwhile has North Wilkes next week, they are mirror images of each other.

North Surry 30, West Wilkes 10

Proud of our boys! Hard fought win! West is no slouch.

West came into Toast just 15 minutes before gametime which blew my mind. They strolled in like it was nothing. They had a very smart gameplan and it worked well the first quarter. Besides the MA game that was our worst first quarter of the year, awful. We gave up a safety but had a huge defensive stop to get momentum back. QB played his heart out tonight and about got thumped a few times but he got us points when we needed it. 2nd quarter was one of the best we played all year in a 180. West's gameplan went to heck then because they couldn't ball control us we had a constant 2 TD lead.

They came out and scored after half but we then had a tough drive for a TD. Their QB got hurt which I hated to see that kid played really hard. Then our kid got hurt; it was a rough last quarter. Proud of our bench we shut them down with our really young kids in and West couldn't do anything after we drove and scored. It's like they ran out of gas.

Proud of our kids, we've beat three of the JV powerhouses the past 3 weeks. Those weren't easy games either we had to fight to win those. Look forward to the next three weeks, each game presents something different.
It was a good game. Fumbles killed West momentum especially the one inside the 10. Really impressed by the size of the NS JV kids they are definitely no joke at all! Glad to know the young man who was injured in 4th is doing good. IDC what color jersey you have on thats something you never wanna see.

It was a good game. Fumbles killed West momentum especially the one inside the 10. Really impressed by the size of the NS JV kids they are definitely no joke at all! Glad to know the young man who was injured in 4th is doing good. IDC what color jersey you have on thats something you never wanna see.

Indeed. I figured it would be; don't really know what happened to them vs the Bush but like we told our kids West would be hyped and treating it like their big game of the year. West was smaller than I figured they'd be but they sure didn't play like it. We came out a little big headed and they knocked us into reality but it was what we needed.

It's the biggest line we've had in a while and I'm glad. Last few classes have been kinda small on the line, not our fault just the joys of genetics lol. I'm excited to see how these fellows develop the next few years with some weightroom time and more coaching. They are a very coachable group of kids for sure.

Most definitely. That's the 2nd one we had this year on both levels, scary.

Our kid ended up being okay; he's out for at least a week due to some sort of contusion. I think he was scared more than anything. Understandable.

Reactions: radioguy16
How good is the north Forsyth jv team

To be honest it's hard to say. They have won a few but they've lost a few too. Seen some film (hard to view it,) they look athletic as always from what I seen. Forbush beat them by 2 TD's or so. We played our best JV game down there last year though.

Hoping the weather holds out, hard to say on that end.

Reactions: skinsfan842
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT