ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Foothills/NW/Mid State JV Thread

You dumb A**. Rewhitley...you won..at the end of the day nobody cares who didnt play and how much more you could have won by ignorant braggard. FACTS! Its kids its easy to say good game..display the score..its a 3 td win. But to go into theatrics about who didnt play..the "studs" youre so ignorant you cant see that it doesnt take all that to enjoy the win..youre too dumb to see that it's rubbin it in someones face when you tell them how much worse it could have been if blah..blah..blah...Shelby wannabes...enjoy your program... its great...but a lot of ignorant arrogants fans that would probably committ suicide if MA ever had a losing season. On a side note JK is a great coach.
Nobody said anything about could won by more good greif. I'm just bragging on the fact these MA kids i Mentioned are good enough to be on varsity and start as freshmen and were moved up. Damn!!!!!!!!!!!! Your a$$ keeps making crap out of everything we say. And as for Tommorow night you already know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep..i already know...the refs will call everything against ya....I know #85,#17,#27,#62#19,#66#88,#98,and #108 will be hurt and sitting on the bench...and you will win and talk about how much more you could've won by..Thats guaranteed.

Reactions: footballstar_17
Im good...you will be the one cryin..defendin ya self like usual..when everyone tells ya how dumb you sound..LMAO🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: buzzcoach
If MA can play up to their potential the next 3 or 4 yrs the sky could be the limit for them..I argue with their posters just for fun...but that pipeline is enviously loaded with talent..in that area of Surry County...it's crazy but true!!!

That running back for EW was a stud for most of the fame. Carried several defenders for extra yards. Those two interception in first half really killed your chances. MA was content to just run the ball in second half and eat up the clock. I expect a good game tomorrow. Last year EW took it right to MA in first half but after adjustments the second half was all Bears.

West Wilkes 40, Surry Central 0

Had a friend attend this one and they said West was doing everything they could not to run the score up; ouch.

West and Forbush is going to be super interesting next week. West was the first real team that has thumped Forbush on JV in years last year. They've stolen their mojo.

North Forsyth 20, Morehead 0

The Vikings are making some noise this year. Could very well have a winning season on JV this year. That's huge for the program. Gonna have some good teams coming up. Them vs HP Andrews and West Stokes will be intresting matchups.

North Surry 55, Wilkes Central 12

Had no idea what to expect here because WC's usually competitive on JV every year and they played East Wilkes awfully hard last week. The game turned out way beyond what I expected; one of the funnest JV games I've had a chance to watch.

We came out and scored from the first play and I was surprised. Then they came out and scored on their first drive and I was like "Oh great it's going to be a barnburner," then we just went to work and they couldn't do anything to match it. Very bizarre turnaround for them. They have a nice little runner of a RB and some size but I expected more from them as they were good last fall. Defensively they didn't offer any resistance at all. I don't know if it's bad coaching or lack of talent but that defense of theirs just couldn't match us at anything. Complete 180 from their team last year. The 4th was the funnest as we had our deep bench in and they played solid again on defense. I love seeing these kids play it's quite addicting.

Next 3 weeks will be a gauntlet for sure for the kids. They need to practice hard and come in focused next three weeks because the teams we play won't bend for anything.

North Forsyth 20, Morehead 0

The Vikings are making some noise this year. Could very well have a winning season on JV this year. That's huge for the program. Gonna have some good teams coming up. Them vs HP Andrews and West Stokes will be intresting matchups.
At the varsity level, I can't remember the last time the Vikings made a peep. Which I don't get as it seems like they have some decent athletes there.

Lmao..told ya Buzz..it wouldn't be long before someone else is questioning your antics...LMAO..and you would again be defending yourself. Some facts when the game is overwhelmingly already decided about who didnt play and could have played to make the score " worse" type of implications are unnecessary..and you came off kind of brash..like "we "wouldn't let ya score and blah...blah..blah..you won by 3tds the fact is EW scored..it doesnt matter what mistake you made for them to do it...let it go..no additional facts needed unless you're congratulating both teams efforts.

Last edited:
Reactions: skinsfan842
Exactly Blue. Let me go into further detail as to why I said it was a ugly game for both teams. EW with 2 Int in the first half, one for a pick 6. Im not sure if it was o line lack of blocking or if MA was that fast and aggressive off the ball, either way EW struggled to move the ball affectively. As for MA, how many fumbles did they have that they were lucky enough to recover? The muffed punt that was all but fielded by EW at the goal line. Take away a few of the misplays by both teams and this would be a different game. BUT thats why you play the game, it doesnt matter who got turnovers, who got hurt, who wasn't playing, etc. at the end of the day the score board read 28-6 in favor of MA. Thats all that really matters. The fact that EW scored off of the INT doesnt matter. They scored. The fact MA scored off a pick 6 doesnt matter, they scored. AGAIN, best of luck to both programs moving forward and best of luck to both teams tonight, may the BEST team win.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Exactly Blue. Let me go into further detail as to why I said it was a ugly game for both teams. EW with 2 Int in the first half, one for a pick 6. Im not sure if it was o line lack of blocking or if MA was that fast and aggressive off the ball, either way EW struggled to move the ball affectively. As for MA, how many fumbles did they have that they were lucky enough to recover? The muffed punt that was all but fielded by EW at the goal line. Take away a few of the misplays by both teams and this would be a different game. BUT thats why you play the game, it doesnt matter who got turnovers, who got hurt, who wasn't playing, etc. at the end of the day the score board read 28-6 in favor of MA. Thats all that really matters. The fact that EW scored off of the INT doesnt matter. They scored. The fact MA scored off a pick 6 doesnt matter, they scored. AGAIN, best of luck to both programs moving forward and best of luck to both teams tonight, may the BEST team win.
I agree with you cards and what you say at the end. But if could have woulda doesn't really matter. Mount airy is superior and their offensive and defensive lines. Especially their defensive lines. They were in the backfield before you guys were heading the ball off. That's the main difference in the game. They're defensive line was as big much stronger and much faster. Freshman and sophomores. Was glad to see the big tall kid catch a pass from Mount airy. I think his dad was a pro football player. East Wilkes had some impressive players and a lot of them were freshmen. That looks good for them in the future. Some very good looking athletes. That number 18 linebacker was a heck of a player. The interceptions etc are part of the game I'm not really sure what buzz said or whoever said something because that don't matter either. That was the best anybody has played the Mount airy JV team I can promise you. So good luck to the cards going forward.

Good luck to ES as well Rough..not that they need it though..Those cats still are proving everybody wrong in grand fashion since they stepped into 2a.

Reactions: roughtrader4444
North Surry 28, East Surry 14

First win for JV Greyhounds over East Surry 11 years. I just graduated and started on here when that happened. We let East come back and we held them off 21-14 for Hampton's last JV win here.

As for this one I'm very proud of the kids; we had to fight for this one. As I expected I figured East would come out of their malaise and play us awfully hard and they did. They wasted the whole second quarter on one drive; it was impressive. We played great defense and stopped them there.

Offensively we played good but we shot ourselves in the foot in the 2nd. We had a chance to score to put it away in the first and we fumbled it on the goal line and it started East's comeback. We got it once and didn't do anything and our post halftime drive was rough. East scored and we had to step up which we did. 4th was a lot like the 2nd, they scored on a 4th and goal with 5 minutes left. Then we stepped up and put it away.

We had to fight to win this one and after 3 games of runaways for us we needed it. It'll help us the next three weeks as we play 3 different challenges ahead. Forbush is the top dog of the past few years, then it's West Wilkes and they are the defending champions, then we got North Forsyth out of conference and they are super athletic. We will find out what we are made of the next few weeks but honestly I'm excited. This group is fun to watch for sure.

Last edited:
Our kids just don't have a lot of confidence. We have some good looking football players just young which all JVs are I know. But I think we'll get it together.

You all played us really hard. We needed a good testing; it'll help us the next 3 weeks.

I think you all will turn it around. That QB's a load to bring down. I don't see many in the Foothills stopping him.

Forbush 20, West Wilkes 16

Close like I expected; figured it would go either way here. Tale of 2 halves; West dominated the first to a 16-0 half then Forbush came out and outscored them after. Hard to say who will have the edge in the future. Will be a close played series for sure.

Here's one no one would expect:

North Forsyth 12, Reidsville 8

Wow. Good win for Coach Williams and staff!

Scores from last night:

East Surry 33, Wilkes Central 6

Not a surprise WC's pretty down this year on JV. I was expecting a shutout though, it looks like WC had a scoop and score for 6 if Max Prep's feed is correct.

Elkin 12, Surry Central 0

Looks like a barnburner in this one.

West Wilkes 44, North Wilkes 8

Easy win for the Blackhawks, NW must be pretty bad they've only scored 34 points all year.

Alexander Central 52, Ashe County 22

Ouch. They are feeling the loss of the freshman QB now from the way it looks. AC's always a good program though,

North Surry 28, Forbush 8

Not the sexiest of wins but one we definitely enjoyed. Been 4 years coming with this one and I'm glad we made the most of it. Offense put it away before half. Defense played great all night they couldn't move anything on us at all until once the bench got in. I expected more of a fight out of them but it's what happens when the trenches go well across the board.

We were a minute and a half away from a shutout, wish we could have gotten it but things happens sometimes.

Up next is 3 Thursday's at home with West Wilkes first. Going to be a fun matchup for sure, it will be the first time we've played them on JV in 18 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT