ADVERTISEMENT

2022 4A Girls Basketball Thread

Key Games 12/22

Charlotte Catholic(7-2)#10W RPI vs Lake Norman(12-0)#3W RPI
Rolesville(10-1)#14E RPI vs Hoggard(8-0)#1E RPI
Thomas Jefferson(7-3)#13W RPI 1A vs Asheville(8-0)#2W RPI 4A

So my understanding is Lake Norman will be at East Lincoln in the tournament next week. So I guess does this mean Lake Norman girls will be there as East Lincoln girls. If this is the case could we see both them teams play each other. If so both teams are undefeated and doing really good.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Ok someone informed me that Lake Norman girls had just played in Cherokee invitational. And didn’t think they would participate in the East Lincoln tournament next week. Anyway I was hoping a possible matchup with Lake Norman girls and East Lincoln. But apparently want happen. But Lake Norman boys will be in East Lincoln tournament.

Reactions: Hon Dines
1/4/23 This Friday 14-0 Lake Norman vs 9-2 Hickory Ridge. Lake Norman girls is on a mission and will be hard to beat. I look for Lake Norman to take another big win.

Last edited:
Kristen Lewis had an off game, for her. She was only exceptionally good tonight. However, what she does for this team can not be seen from a scorecard. LN scored 29 first quarter points, if you count numbers 30 and 31 in the second quarter before the clock starter due to a technical.

Just think, 30 points in the 1st quarter is on pace for 120 points a game. They started full scale subbing late 2nd qt and a running clock early third qt. I do not remember LN missing but 2 shots in the first qt and only a hand full in the first half.

1/6 Lake Norman vs West Cabarrus at 6pm
Look for another dominant night for Wildcats of LN.

HT Lake Norman 38 West Cabarrus 21. West Cabarrus has been playing scrappy but I think LN best player has only played but 1st period.

Lake Norman wins 78-51 over West Cabarrus. Maybe LN didn’t play their best. That I don’t know but West Cabarrus is a scrappy team that will give these other teams some problems in the conference.

Reactions: REWhitley
2A TW Andrew’s 54
4A E Forsyth 8?

Not sure what happened to East this game after beating RJ Reynolds the night before. They must’ve been missing players.

Last edited:
2A TW Andrew’s 54
4A E Forsyth 8?

Not sure what happened to East this game after beating RJ Reynolds the night before. They must’ve been missing players.
The Boys at East Forsyth played East Surry at home in a non conference game Jan. 7th. I'm thinking it's a misprint.

Last edited:
West Cabarrus girls won 53-40 over Mooresville. I know when I watched WC played against Lake Norman, I saw they are a scrappy bunch. They will be tough for others teams which exception of LN.

Update: Girls game HT Lake Norman 31 Cox 26
Lake Norman definitely not having their best night. Cox Mill has cashed in on some 3’s.

Last edited:
Final Lake Norman 60 Cox Mill 48. Definitely not a good night with Lake Norman. Had off night with shooting and was off on their foul shots. Cox Mill made it hard on LN. Cox Mill is no pushover.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Final Lake Norman 60 Cox Mill 48. Definitely not a good night with Lake Norman. Had off night with shooting and was off on their foul shots. Cox Mill made it hard on LN. Cox Mill is no pushover.
Do you have an update on the jv games?

As of 1/22/23

3 weeks left in regular season

4A Girls East #1's

4A
CAP-6(Cardinal Gibbons)
DAC-7(Hillside)
Greater Neuse River(Clayton/Willow Springs)
NAC-6(Millbrook)
Southwest Wake Athletic(Panther Creek)
4A/3A
All American(Pine Forest)
Big East(DH Conley)
Mideastern(Hoggard)
Sandhills(Pinecrest)
United(Purnell Swett)

Last edited:
As of 1/22/23

3 weeks left in regular season

4A Girls West #1's

4A
Central Piedmont(East Forsyth/RJ Reynolds)
Greater Metro 4(Lake Norman)
Metro(Northern Guilford)
So. Meck(South Meck)
Southern Carolina(Marvin Ridge)
Southwestern(Independence)
4A/3A
Northwestern(Watauga)
Queen City(North Meck)
The Mountain(Asheville)

Last edited:
Lake Norman put on a show this evening. After hitting their 1st shot they missed either the next 4 or 5 shots in a row! Then they scored just enough to have a 34 to 8 lead at the end of the first qt. 51 to 21 at the half, 73 to 31 to being the 4th qt with a final score of 76 to 38.

34 points is on pace to score 136 for the game!! 51 in the 1st half is on pace for 102. Did I say they can put points on the board really really fast? And it is not just one or two shooters. It is the whole starting five at least.

Mooresville tried, did not quit but the Lady Wildcats just ran them to death and their defense is lights out.

As of 1/22/23

6 games left in regular season

4A Girls East #1's

4A
CAP-6(Cardinal Gibbons)
DAC-7(Hillside)
Greater Neuse River(Clayton/Willow Springs)
NAC-6(Millbrook)
Southwest Wake Athletic(Panther Creek)
4A/3A
All American(Pine Forest)
Big East(DH Conley)
Mideastern(Hoggard)
Sandhills(Pinecrest)
United(Purnell Swett)

As of 1/22/23

6 games left in regular season

4A Girls West #1's

4A
Central Piedmont(East Forsyth/RJ Reynolds)
Greater Metro 4(Lake Norman)
Metro(Northern Guilford)
So. Meck(South Meck)
Southern Carolina(Marvin Ridge)
Southwestern(Independence)
4A/3A
Northwestern(Watauga)
Queen City(North Meck)
The Mountain(Asheville)

worst game I have seen Lake Norman play. No joke, no kidding. However, Al Brown's name says it all: Brown. As in burnt to a crispy Brown. end of 1st qt 21 to 2; 41 to 11; 56 to 20 end of third; 71 to 22 at end of game.

Despite the score, Lake Norman almost looked human in this game.

Boy oh Boy do I wish I could have been at this game!!!!!!!
I wasn’t at this game but the last time they played I got to watch them. West Cabarrus wasn’t no pushover. They seem to be a scrappy team to play against. But yes I wished I could have seen this one.

Next Tuesday 1/31 Lake Norman will travel to 14-3 (8-1) Hickory Ridge. That game could be good one to see.

AC Reynolds girls defeated previously unbeaten Asheville High girls 63-60 tonight. They are now tied for conference lead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT