ADVERTISEMENT

February Girls basketball scores

LKN and W Rowan should be a good one Tuesday. I’m going with LKN.

AC Reynolds is a top 5 team in the 3A west.

There’s been quite a few good matchups early in the season.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
12/5
N Guilford 76 Glenn 24
S Alamance 30 Grimsley 25
NW Guilford 30 Reynolds 25
W Forsyth 61 W Guilford 48
SW Guilford 61 HP Central 9
Bishop Mcguiness 55 Carver 10
Piedmont Classical 55 CPLA 49
HP Christian 64 Calvary Day 21

Mid-Piedmont Conference 12/05
Oak Grove 59 Thomasville 6
Central Davidson 32 Wheatmore 38
North Davidson 58 Davie 53
Ledford 33 West Davidson 24
Asheboro 45 Randleman 52

Last edited:
Mid-Piedmont Conference 12/08
Oak Grove 79 Trinity 16
Montgomery Central 59 Anson 10
Central Davidson 59 Lexington 43
North Davidson 48 Wheatmore 40
Asheboro 39 Uwharrie Charter 59
Ledford 28 East Davidson 33

Randleman is a little down this year compared to the last few years.
OG continues to improve and is probably the front runner in the MPC (I’ve never seen a Ledford team as weak as this years team).
OG won by 19 the first game against the tigers and I see them winning by 15 tomorrow.

12/8
Ragsdale 69 Glenn 44
SW Guilford 37 E Forsyth 23
Greensboro Day 69 Ravenscroft 23
NW Guilford 41 Randleman 35
HP Andrews 48 Parkland 45
SE Guilford 50 S Guilford 22
NE Guilford 44 Williams 40
Bethany Community 55 Piedmont Classical 53

OG continues to improve and is probably the front runner in the MPC (I’ve never seen a Ledford team as weak as this years team).
OG won by 19 the first game against the tigers and I see them winning by 15 tomorrow.
Randleman graduated their 2 leading scorers from the last 4 years.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
It's true that Randleman is a tad bit down from the past few years. However, they also haven't been at full strength this year either. Their best athlete has been out with an arm injury.

Should be a fun one tonight regardless of the outcome. Oak Grove's a good, good club. Trista Charles and Kalin Favreau are really impressive players. I hate that the only team I've seen them against is Trinity. Not exactly the best measuring stick.

Last edited:
12/12
SW Guilford 55 Page 31
N Guilford 70 Ragsdale 36
Wesleyan Christian 56 Forsyth County Day 45
Dudley 86 HP Central 1
NW Guilford 53 W Guilford 46
Rockingham Co 41 S Guilford 30
Grimsley 45 SE Guilford 43
NC Leadership Academy 54 Piedmont Classical 32

Mid-Piedmont Conference 12/12
Oak Grove 43 Randleman 33
Montgomery Central 66 Central Academy 16
Central Davidson 46 Alexander Central 53
North Davidson 28 Southwestern Randolph 55
Ledford 12 Forbush 69
Asheboro Providence (final score not reported)

Oak Grove at Randleman tomorrow night. I've seen both. Should be a good double-dip.
Tough couple of games for Randleman last night.

Oak Grove girls executed their strategy to perfection. They rotated three/four girls on Petty and clung to her like Super Glue. I don't think Petty even attempted a shot until the third quarter. I like the fact that OG has a few players that are willing to do the "non-glamourous" stuff on the court. They hit the boards really hard.

Boys game was great. OG just made a few more plays down the stretch than the Tigers. Tigers also had no answer inside for JD Shabazz. He ended up being the main difference maker. He got a plethora of easy buckets inside and he also intimidated the Tigers just enough that they weren't as confident driving to the hoop. Good performance from Randleman considering they were missing two of their best players.

Mid-Piedmont Conference 12/13
Central Davidson 41 Randleman 28

Mid-Piedmont Conference 12/14
Oak Grove 62 Eastern Randolph 29

12/15
NW Guilford 50 Grimsley 27
Ragsdale 49 Page 43
Smith 75 Rockingham Co 44
Dudley 60 Atkins 22
N Guilford 62 SE Guilford 21
SW Guilford 75 W Guilford 65
HP Andrews 64 McMichael 22
Bishop Mcguiness 58 NC Leadership Academy 16

Mid-Piedmont Conference 12/15
Montgomery Central 63 Anson 46
North Davidson 51 West Davidson 30

Mid-Piedmont Conference 12/18
Ledford 42 Randleman 37
Central Davidson 51 North Rowan 50

Haeco Tournament

#1 Bishop Mcguiness 48 #8 SE Guilford 34
#2 Greensboro Day 66 #7 Ragsdale 26
#3 Smith 50 #6 Grimsley 36
#5 Page 52 #4 Dudley 43

Mid-Piedmont Conference 12/19
Oak Grove 96 High Point Central 5
Asheboro 51 Uwharrie Charter 54

Mid-Piedmont Conference 12/20
Central Davidson 75 Trinity 22
Ledford 18 Forbush 68

I continue to be amazed at some of the girls’ scores. Thomasville, HP Central, Ledford and Trinity have all won state championships (some multiple). What in the world has happened to their programs?

Last edited:
HPC hasn’t been to great since Carter left. Sad that he built a dynasty, but Andrews has taken over as queens of HP.
Tville just hasn’t had the talent. Stanford Ray introduced many of their athletes to travel ball back in the day and the bulldogs benefited. I think Ferguson did her best before taking over the guys.
Ledford won 20 games last year but lost all five starters. This is the weakest team I’ve seen since the early 90s for LHS. Bright side is their 3 best players are freshmen.
Trinity, eh they’ve not had a “strong” team in a while.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
HPC hasn’t been to great since Carter left. Sad that he built a dynasty, but Andrews has taken over as queens of HP.
Tville just hasn’t had the talent. Stanford Ray introduced many of their athletes to travel ball back in the day and the bulldogs benefited. I think Ferguson did her best before taking over the guys.
Ledford won 20 games last year but lost all five starters. This is the weakest team I’ve seen since the early 90s for LHS. Bright side is their 3 best players are freshmen.
Trinity, eh they’ve not had a “strong” team in a while.
Coaching is very key. But look how many games these have failed to score even double digits. Losing games where they scored 1 or zero points.
Travel ball at Thomasville made a lot of difference. But if you know anything about those coaches, you know there was far more negative than positive. I’ll leave it at that.

Haeco
Semifinals
#1 Bishop Mcguiness 48 #5 Page 34
#2 Greensboro Day 69 #3 48

Consolation Bracket
#4 Dudley 64, #8 SE Guilford 43
#7 Ragsdale 63, #6 Grimsley 25

After a bout of sickness and a lost to 7A Campbell Ga. the Lady Lakers made a recovery winning 76-69 against Newton Ga and, less than 12 hours later, this morning won 66-50 against Willow Spring from Wake County.

Bishop has played well beating 2 4A schools without Adelaide Jernigan. Don’t think they’ll have enough to beat Greensboro Day in the championship game today

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT