ADVERTISEMENT

Please post live scores from Winston Salem

I don[t think there is a girls team in NC that can beat Cherokee in any class. Those girls play a different style with skill and IQ you rarely see at the high school level. Also, I don't see any team in the tournament able to handle North Meck or Central Cabarrus. Reidsville is good, very good, but I don't think they have anything for NM, CC, even a Myers Park, etc. I would however challenge Reidsville to play outside of their comfort zone and play these type of teams moving forward. Those games wouldn't be hard to schedule, plus they would generate a lot of attention. I don't know how good NM or CC is going to be next year, but I do know Chambers was a young team. Play each other...
Did you watch that North Pitt Girls Team against East Burke? That N.C. State Commit Sr. Zamareya Jones and Freshman Jordan Speller (She played with the Chris Paul CP3 Traveling Team last summer.) who scored 31 pts in the Championship Game. The are fast, will run you out the gym. Full court traps. Mid Range Jumpers, Driving to the lanes and Inside game. Floor Vision. Then West Rowan the Back to Back 3A Champs. The are fast, tall and physical. AC Reynolds loss in the Regional Semis to W. Rowan. They was a tough out. 3 pt Shooters, Big Husky Center that knows how to put herself in the right spot for the ball. Girls that will drive to the goal and kick it out to the baselines or back up top for the 3s. Cherokee is very good, I like them. But other than North Pitt, they wouldn't have the size or physical Strength to guard W. Rowan, AC Reynolds. And in my opinion, North Pitt would would outrun Cherokee. And cause turnovers. Charlotte Catholic with their 6-5 Center would be a too much as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dadof23
I don[t think there is a girls team in NC that can beat Cherokee in any class. Those girls play a different style with skill and IQ you rarely see at the high school level. Also, I don't see any team in the tournament able to handle North Meck or Central Cabarrus. Reidsville is good, very good, but I don't think they have anything for NM, CC, even a Myers Park, etc. I would however challenge Reidsville to play outside of their comfort zone and play these type of teams moving forward. Those games wouldn't be hard to schedule, plus they would generate a lot of attention. I don't know how good NM or CC is going to be next year, but I do know Chambers was a young team. Play each other...
Reidsville had a very good schedule this year and could possibly beat NM. NM barely beat Mt Tabor in the playoffs and Reidsville would have easily beaten them. I didn't see CC play but who did they beat out of state. Reidsville has 4 D1 players in starting lineup

Reidsville played in the John Wall tourney and beat Farmville, Cannon and Northwood...all highly rated programs....also beat Greensboro Dudley who is a perennial power in football and basketball....I'm all for even more of those type of games.....I'm sure Reidsville will return to the Wall tourney during the holidays, especially with what the Rams have returning.............................

Let’s not act like reidsville didn’t have a difficult schedule though.

That’s the problem. Anytime Reidsville schedules some one then beats them they get no respect because everyone says oh well that team wasn’t as good as they have have been. The schedule this year was toughest in a good while. Beat northwood, FarmVille 2 times,Dudley, west stokes 3 times, Salisbury, BCA, the other team in John wall that’s slipping my mind. Let any other 2 a or 3a or possibly 4a school play that schedule . None of them will say it was anything other than tough.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Reidsville had a very good schedule this year and could possibly beat NM. NM barely beat Mt Tabor in the playoffs and Reidsville would have easily beaten them. I didn't see CC play but who did they beat out of state. Reidsville has 4 D1 players in starting lineup
4 D1 players in basketball, or four D1 players in some sport?

4 D1 players in basketball, or four D1 players in some sport?
Al Lee, the only senior in the bunch, has will play football at Barton (D2) ... Harrison for sure is D1 in football and basketball and Neal, Sharpe and Jones are getting D1 interest in one or both sports.

Al Lee, the only senior in the bunch, has will play football at Barton (D2) ... Harrison for sure is D1 in football and basketball and Neal, Sharpe and Jones are getting D1 interest in one or both sports.
Thanks for clarifying.

That’s the problem. Anytime Reidsville schedules some one then beats them they get no respect because everyone says oh well that team wasn’t as good as they have have been. The schedule this year was toughest in a good while. Beat northwood, FarmVille 2 times,Dudley, west stokes 3 times, Salisbury, BCA, the other team in John wall that’s slipping my mind. Let any other 2 a or 3a or possibly 4a school play that schedule . None of them will say it was anything other than tough.

Farmville and Northwood are arguable the two toughest teams you could play out east. Then, of course Greensboro Day backed out of the game we were supposed to play them.

Farmville and Northwood are arguable the two toughest teams you could play out east. Then, of course Greensboro Day backed out of the game we were supposed to play them.
The main players for Reidsville started football back in the summer and played those extra games to win the championship and started basketball the following week. They deserve little break.

The main players for Reidsville started football back in the summer and played those extra games to win the championship and started basketball the following week. They deserve little break.

Yeah, I def agree on that. The rams will have another tough schedule next season. So it will be plenty of opportunities

The problem is when someone states an opinion people assume they are attacking the players or coaches, etc. That is not the case. I agree, Reidsville is good, really good and could potentially beat anyone in the state. My point was I'm not sure those "athletes" could go and play NM, CC or Myers park "basketball" players and expect to win on a consistent basis. The teams in certain areas only concentrate their attention to basketball and work on it 365. I do think it would be very difficult for a team full of athletes that are very good at both sports to compete with high level basketball only kids. Again, just my opinion which means nothing but I think if you are at a certain level with your athletes and program the expectation would be to go play other high level programs. Now, the next two years, Reidsville will be hands down the best team in NC regardless...Selfishly, I would've like to see them play a NM, Myers Park, CC, or other teams throughout NC this year. NM will be a different team without Evans and CC loses a lot and MP just lost their entire team and coaching staff so you can see what is on the horizon with MP.
Great year for the Rams and to win football and basketball in a season with the same athletes is something special. I can see them winning basketball for sure the next couple of years if those guys stay and football as well. The PG and C for Reidsville are special and once a lifetime skill set. Enjoy the ride.

Reactions: TheMule
The problem is when someone states an opinion people assume they are attacking the players or coaches, etc. That is not the case. I agree, Reidsville is good, really good and could potentially beat anyone in the state. My point was I'm not sure those "athletes" could go and play NM, CC or Myers park "basketball" players and expect to win on a consistent basis. The teams in certain areas only concentrate their attention to basketball and work on it 365. I do think it would be very difficult for a team full of athletes that are very good at both sports to compete with high level basketball only kids. Again, just my opinion which means nothing but I think if you are at a certain level with your athletes and program the expectation would be to go play other high level programs. Now, the next two years, Reidsville will be hands down the best team in NC regardless...Selfishly, I would've like to see them play a NM, Myers Park, CC, or other teams throughout NC this year. NM will be a different team without Evans and CC loses a lot and MP just lost their entire team and coaching staff so you can see what is on the horizon with MP.
Great year for the Rams and to win football and basketball in a season with the same athletes is something special. I can see them winning basketball for sure the next couple of years if those guys stay and football as well. The PG and C for Reidsville are special and once a lifetime skill set. Enjoy the ride.
Although I respect your opinion, I think a couple of great athletes can compete evenly with a team of basketball only players. When NHHS played in the state championship against West Charlotte in 2012 we had a few full time basketball players and two D1 wide receivers that also played basketball. These 2 football players were good basketball players but wreaked havoc on defense. Interestingly, after that game that featured Kennedy Meeks and what I thought were a Charlotte team full of basketball players, I told my friends one of the keys to NHHS winning the game was the defense athleticism of the 2 D1 wide receivers. Of course we had to have our
D1 basketball guy to ensure the win.

Same thing can be said for our 2007 championship team. Two of our big men were D1 footballers that mixed well with our basketball guys. I think we beat Chambers that year.

Depth and physicality play a big role in HS basketball at 4A level. Depth would be a problem for Reidsville, especially with foul trouble like Reidsville had in 2nd Q against Farmville. Without Slim, NM is a good team, but not great. Surprised to see Lake Norman and MP not advance further. That being said Central Cabarrus was the best team in the state, imo.

Depth and physicality play a big role in HS basketball at 4A level. Depth would be a problem for Reidsville, especially with foul trouble like Reidsville had in 2nd Q against Farmville. Without Slim, NM is a good team, but not great. Surprised to see Lake Norman and MP not advance further. That being said Central Cabarrus was the best team in the state, imo.

Reidsville actually has a better bench then people think. This is me not saying that Reidsville is the best team in the state though.

I believe Lake Norman would had beat N. Meck. But had a cold night of shooting. I think 2 out 13 or so shots made on 3s. Missed foul shots which is uncharacteristic for LN. And they still took NM into OT.

Reidsville actually has a better bench then people think. This is me not saying that Reidsville is the best team in the state though.

There was talent on the bench but Reidsville ran a 5 and a half man rotation all year. Unless there was critical foul trouble, or an injury, that bench didnt see the light of day until the 4Q with a substantial lead.

and as far as how the Rams would do against CC or NM, it would be competitive but Id lean towards CC or NM

There was talent on the bench but Reidsville ran a 5 and a half man rotation all year. Unless there was critical foul trouble, or an injury, that bench didnt see the light of day until the 4Q with a substantial lead.

and as far as how the Rams would do against CC or NM, it would be competitive but Id lean towards CC or NM

I agree with everythin on this post. I'm just stating that it wasn't like it was no talent on the bench

RAMS ARE STATE CHAMPS FOR THE 1ST TIME IN 21 YEARS, ALL THIS CHATTER ABOUT THE BENCH IS A WASTE OF TIME, THE STARTERS AND BENCH PLAYERS ARE SIZING UP FOR RINGS AND THEY AINT PLAYING NEITHER OF THEM SCHOOLS

I believe Lake Norman would had beat N. Meck. But had a cold night of shooting. I think 2 out 13 or so shots made on 3s. Missed foul shots which is uncharacteristic for LN. And they still took NM into OT.
I didn't think NM played well either. The Maxwell kid is a tough, smart player and wasn't 100% at all throughout the playoffs. So, they were down a man in the playoffs and found away. Shooting, hitting FT's, rebounding, injuries are all part of the game. To say "if" or "but" are all excuses. LN is really good and have some high level players, but do you think they do what they do if they played in NM conference? NM was seasoned and challenged each night in their conference which is probably the reason they beat Lake Norman on an off night. They just found a way. You can say they have a special player, which they did, but you can still double/triple/deny him and make it tough for him to get the ball or to his spots. Good teams and players just find a way. Don't get me wrong, those guards for LN are tough as they come and the big kid inside is a special talent, I just don't agree with I believe we win if or but..because, well they didn't...

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I didn't think NM played well either. The Maxwell kid is a tough, smart player and wasn't 100% at all throughout the playoffs. So, they were down a man in the playoffs and found away. Shooting, hitting FT's, rebounding, injuries are all part of the game. To say "if" or "but" are all excuses. LN is really good and have some high level players, but do you think they do what they do if they played in NM conference? NM was seasoned and challenged each night in their conference which is probably the reason they beat Lake Norman on an off night. They just found a way. You can say they have a special player, which they did, but you can still double/triple/deny him and make it tough for him to get the ball or to his spots. Good teams and players just find a way. Don't get me wrong, those guards for LN are tough as they come and the big kid inside is a special talent, I just don't agree with I believe we win if or but..because, well they didn't...
North Meck did have an awesome season. I think only 3 losses to out of state teams. Won all in state games which saids a lot. I’m looking forward to see how Isaiah Evans does at Duke.

Reactions: Dadof23
RAMS ARE STATE CHAMPS FOR THE 1ST TIME IN 21 YEARS, ALL THIS CHATTER ABOUT THE BENCH IS A WASTE OF TIME, THE STARTERS AND BENCH PLAYERS ARE SIZING UP FOR RINGS AND THEY AINT PLAYING NEITHER OF THEM SCHOOLS

Man that is great and you are 100% correct.

But we are talking about hypotheticals of how the Rams would match up against CC and North Meck. Depth/Bench is a part of that conversation. If you dont like it, maybe go help the fellas get their rings sized up!

Reactions: kingbluedevil
CC depth would be a HUGE concern against Reidsville. They go 9-11 deep on the bench. They send waves at you all game long and they had a legit big man.

Looking at some of these schools on espn. I am convinced Reidsville, CC, NM, Lake Norman and Farmville could play with these guys. Reidsville and CC should try to schedule a game with Meacham in GA. I can see them playing them tough

Reactions: Vik-Val 86

I would take CC against any team in the state. They keep the pressure coming

Reactions: Straight Scope
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT