ADVERTISEMENT

February Girls basketball scores

106 with a running clock is a little much. It appears a team is running up the score when there’s a running clock involved. West Rowan is a very good team but their bench isn’t going to help them score 100+.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Has anyone seen E Wilkes to see if they can make some noise? They have their post player back that’s pretty good.

2/2
Smith 75 Dudley 37
Page 84 W Guilford 55
Grimsley 43 Ragsdale 31
HP Andrews 63 W Stokes 20
NE Guilford 60 HP Central 28
SE Guilford 45 SW Guilford 40
Greensboro Day 61 Forsyth Country Day 50
Wesleyan Christian 62 Caldwell Academy 28
Bishop Mcguiness 71 College Prep & Leadership 11
Carver 46 Cornerstone 23
MT Tabor 70 Davie 39

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Has anyone seen E Wilkes to see if they can make some noise? They have their post player back that’s pretty good.
I watched a little bit of their game vs west forsyth on NFHS and they didn't look all that great to me... Granted that was back in November and im sure they have improved since then. I think the only 5 legit teams are MTN heritage bishop Cherokee albemarle and north rowan. Doubt anyone besides those 5 have a realistic shot of winning the championship. Albemarle has already lost to north rowan and bishop and that game vs bishop they looked aweful so I dont see them winning the championship either. But it could have just been an off night.... They could come out Wednesday and whip North rowan should be a good game

I watched a little bit of their game vs west forsyth on NFHS and they didn't look all that great to me... Granted that was back in November and im sure they have improved since then. I think the only 5 legit teams are MTN heritage bishop Cherokee albemarle and north rowan. Doubt anyone besides those 5 have a realistic shot of winning the championship. Albemarle has already lost to north rowan and bishop and that game vs bishop they looked aweful so I dont see them winning the championship either. But it could have just been an off night.... They could come out Wednesday and whip North rowan should be a good game
I think Bishop, Mt Heritage and Cherokee are the top 3 with N Rowan at 4.. Cherokee goes a legitimate 8 deep. A team that has really strong ball handling will have a good chance. They score well off turnovers and in transition. They are also an above average team shooting the 3. They haven't had to play a significant game in about 2 months. They won't see a close game till the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86 and KW23
2/6

Smith 75 S Guilford 6
N Guilford 67 SW Guilford 17
NW Guilford 63 Page 42
W Guilford 65 Grimsley 61
Dudley 65 NE Guilford 34
SE Guilford 56 Ragsdale 49
Rockingham Co 60 HP Central 10
Bishop Mcguiness 76 Bethany Community 23
Wesleyan Christian 86 Calvary Day 26
Forsyth Country Day 36 Caldwell Academy 22
Piedmont Classical 54 Carver 30
Reidsville 94 W Stokes 59
Davie 49 W Forsyth 42
MT Tabor 66 Glenn 24
Reagan 68 Parkland 50
RJ Reynolds 45 E Forsyth 30

Mid-Piedmont Conference 02/06
Oak Grove 64 Montgomery Central 26
North Davidson 42 Central Davidson 41
Asheboro 50 Ledford 42

North rowan 27 albemarle 13..... North rowan would beat bishop mcguinness hands down.

N Rowan up 39-32 at half.
Albemarle seemed to get winded at the end of the 1Q (minus Baldwin). They weren’t making it back down the court on D.
N Rowan deserves more respect, as does Goodlett, their pt guard.
However, N Rowan lacks post play and if they’re not hitting their 3’s that could hurt them in a close game (they’ve shot right many 3s this game).
I disagree that North is heads down better than Bishop. Definitely two different styles of ball.
Still a lot of game left in this one!

If albemarle played more man to man they might have won... Zone left number 3 open for so many 3s that press at beginning of game left them open a lot too. Albemarle played much better tonight then they did vs bishop.... Refs were terrible... Everytime albemarle tied up the ball ref would call a foul... When north rowan tied up the ball it was a jump ball. Literally almost every time it was comical

If albemarle played more man to man they might have won... Zone left number 3 open for so many 3s that press at beginning of game left them open a lot too. Albemarle played much better tonight than they did vs bishop.... Refs were terrible... Everytime albemarle tied up the ball ref would call a foul... When north rowan tied up the ball it was a jump ball. Literally almost every time it was

If albemarle played more man to man they might have won... Zone left number 3 open for so many 3s that press at beginning of game left them open a lot too. Albemarle played much better tonight then they did vs bishop.... Refs were terrible... Everytime albemarle tied up the ball ref would call a foul... When north rowan tied up the ball it was a jump ball. Literally almost every time it was comical
Good game. I personally still don’t see anyone beating Bishop in the playoffs. Bishop plays under control and is just more fundamentally sound. Cherokee might have the best chance. Just my opinion.
The top 5/6 teams in the west are still better than the best in the east.

I think north rowan and Cherokee have best chance vs Bishop... I agree east is terrible. I say top 5 in order is Cherokee... North Rowan.... Bishop.... Mountain Heritage... Albemarle

A slight 37-14 edge from the line. Can’t play man with 6 with 3 fouls in the first half. 2 fouled out 3 more with 4 fouls another one with 3. Comical is well stated. Even with the fouls first quarter got us we didn’t execute offensively or defensively well. Aside from that the remaining 3 quarters we battled well even with the fouls. Unfortunate to have two good teams playing and you get that. Hats off to north Rowan they made their free throws and some big shots when needed

Play man before u get in foul trouble, all that press and zone led to most of the fouls on fast breaks and trying to block open shots which may not have happened if man to man was tried at least once in first quarter imo

McDowell is having a pretty good season and is a year or 2 away from being a real contender in 4A. Reynolds is really good this year and could be the favorite in 3A west.

I think North rowan will be 7 seed when its all said and done they will pass hiawassee... When hiawassee loses to Cherokee and then plays 2 terrible record teams to finish the season

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT