ADVERTISEMENT

Yadkin Valley Conference predictions Week #1

I must have been reading the clippings and drinking the Kool Aid like the North coaches and players were doing. I said all along they would miss last years quarterback but they got beat by East Rowan who isn't exactly the Alabama of 3A football. It's still early and they have enough talent to win the YVC but I have wondered for a while of how well they are coached.

The YVC should be a cake walk for them with the talent they acquired in addition to their 2 D1 signees. We are talking 1A football here. How many 1A schools can boast potentially 4-5 D1 signees and still perform the way NS did last night. Again, look no further than the talent they have had the last few years and their record. I read on TOS that they have one playoff win in the history of the school. Adding players doesn't give you chemistry. If the NS kids that played together in youth league are constantly being recruited over and losing their spots that locker room has to be a disaster. Add the loss last night and you could easily see this team falling apart before October.

Reactions: Old-A-Dog
Told by a NS parent that last years team had more depth and team unity. They had loud senior leadership. Would see the seniors talking to each other on the field . Questionable coaching and not being able to make in game adjustments in big games kept them from winning playoffs. And when they made adjustments they were to late to win games. They still dangerous.

Just because North has talent doesn't win they'll win their conference or even a state chamionship, a inside source has reported multiple times that North doesn't practice hard and the coaches let "certain" players do what they want to do. A great friend of mines us to say,"Hard work beats TALENT when TALENT don't WORK!"

Reactions: DeadpoolX
Just because North has talent doesn't win they'll win their conference or even a state chamionship, a inside source has reported multiple times that North doesn't practice hard and the coaches let "certain" players do what they want to do. A great friend of mines us to say,"Hard work beats TALENT when TALENT don't WORK!"

Not one thing in that statement is false. There are parents who have had kids playing in the NS youth leagues that are steaming mad about the additions to the team over the last few years and how it has disrupted the locker room. The SNAP even had an article about the players getting into a fight in the gym in preseason. Couple that with the scrimmage I saw and man o man, things are definitely done different in New London. The poster that claimed that the skirmishes didn't involve NS obviously was referring to the ones on the field not the sidelines. The bickering between the players was loud enough to where you can see that there is already some internal conflicts before the season started. Now....an East Rowan team beat them handily. The score may not say it but from all reports NS had no answer on D and one of their highly touted recruits used his Ole' move in the defensive backfield more than once.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT