ADVERTISEMENT

WRH @ Clinton

Well only issue for Clinton now would be the soccer team also has a game Thursday which would mean no Reid Taylor.....and in a game as big as this special teams could be a factor......in that regard Saturday would be better for us.....if its played Thursday advantage Wallace
Similar situation with the dogs. I wish we had advantage.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Similar situation with the dogs. I wish we had advantage.

Well with our special teams coverage being alil iffy at times i always feel alil more comfortable knowing we have a kicker that can boot it into the endzone......and having to go for 2 after every score is the roll of a dice....if you convert great but if you dont all a sudden your against the gun.....every point matters in games like this

Reactions: dogs79
Well only issue for Clinton now would be the soccer team also has a game Thursday which would mean no Reid Taylor.....and in a game as big as this special teams could be a factor......in that regard Saturday would be better for us.....if its played Thursday advantage Wallace
Don’t think y’all will need a FG kicker to beat WRH

Reactions: PackHorses
Spoke with Clinton AD yesterday and asked about weather situation he said nothing had been discussed at this point about moving the game.

I would assume if they are going to make that decision it would have to be done by today if they plan on moving JV to Wednesday. If game is moved to Monday, that puts Clinton on a short week for East Duplin and Saturday weather is predicted to be about same as Friday so Thursday seems like only chose IF game is eventually moved.

Reactions: Swo_05 and dogs79
Don’t think y’all will need a FG kicker to beat WRH

Well like i said before its just not kicking FGs our kickoff coverage has been iffy at times nice to have a guy that can boot it for a touchback....also having to go for 2 point conv everytime can hurt u just as much as it helps if you dont convert.....in games like this every point counts

Reactions: Swo_05
Well like i said before its just not kicking FGs our kickoff coverage has been iffy at times nice to have a guy that can boot it for a touchback....also having to go for 2 point conv everytime can hurt u just as much as it helps if you dont convert.....in games like this every point counts
I’ve just never been a fan of soccer players who are just “kickers”. Play soccer all week and then just put on the jersey for football “when it’s convenient”. No it means more than that, they should have to commit to the team like everyone else. Majority of soccer players who are kickers haven’t invested the time or effort into the football team as all the other boys on the team and it simply doesn’t mean as much to them.

I’ve just never been a fan of soccer players who are just “kickers”. Play soccer all week and then just put on the jersey for football “when it’s convenient”. No it means more than that, they should have to commit to the team like everyone else. Majority of soccer players who are kickers haven’t invested the time or effort into the football team as all the other boys on the team and it simply doesn’t mean as much to them.

Well you dont neccessary know that....my senior year our kicker was a soccer player and he would practice with us too yeah he would miss some here and there but most the time he was present......im sure Reid doesnt just show up on gameday and start kicking im sure he has attended practices aswell....kid played 3 soccer games pne week then came out and kicked for us on a Friday when he could be home resting i think he is giving us a fair amount of effort and obviously he cares cause he is out there when he doesnt have to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79 and Swo_05
Well you dont neccessary know that....my senior year our kicker was a soccer player and he would practice with us too yeah he would miss some here and there but most the time he was present......im sure Reid doesnt just show up on gameday and start kicking im sure he has attended practices aswell
Majority of kickers do not attend summer workouts. Id be willing to bet they aren’t participating in any contact or conditioning either. I just wish these players were forced into choosing one sport per season. It’s not fair to the other 40 plus kids who put in the work to possibly have a game/season riding on the leg of a kid that might have been at soccer camp or family vacation while they were in the weight room or going 7 on 7 to get ready for Football season.

Well not to get too far off subject soccer has summer workouts aswell and im sure with as much running goes on out there he has probably done as much if not more conditioning not like he was sitting on the couch all summer....no rule against playing 2 sports and i dont think it should be why hold a kid back....just like in the Spring you have kids that play baseball and run track....there was a girl i went to school with that ran track,did softball,and they tried to get her to play soccer too she was just a freak athlete

I hope Skinner gets a shot at a D-1 program next year. He’s very deserving. He’s playing in a juco league that’s pretty competitive around LA.His yardage would be higher as the coach on the team he plays for likes running the football but the coach plays about 5-6 rbs per game and spreads the wealth around. Skinner had definitely done his job when he’s in the game.

You all should also take a look at Jaylen Warren of Snow College(Utah). He was one of the top rushers in Utah while attending East High in Salt Lake City, And is currently the leading rusher in JuCo football. His father is Derrick Warren, who attended Clinton and graduated from Hobbton High. This kid is unreal, and has several offers from D-1 schools.

You all should also take a look at Jaylen Warren of Snow College(Utah). He was one of the top rushers in Utah while attending East High in Salt Lake City, And is currently the leading rusher in JuCo football. His father is Derrick Warren, who attended Clinton and graduated from Hobbton High. This kid is unreal, and has several offers from D-1 schools.
I checked him out on YouTube, he is very talented.Shouldn't have let this fella get out of Sampson County!

I am being told in the morning when and if game is being played. I will say Saturday night is an option that is being discussed.

Reactions: dogs79 and Swo_05
Duplin Times reported the dogs offense has scored touchdowns on 24 straight possessions. I know the compititon hasn't been stellar, but that's pretty impressive. If offense can limit turnovers,drive for five is on

Last edited:
The more I think about it the closer I think this game will be. I now say Clinton 34 WRH 14 just in case Clinton's kicker isn't there

Lol so the game is gonna be Saturday unless they want a repeat of the monsoon bowl vs Richlands in 2006....i still cant believe we played that night....but hey there was no lightning just a whole lot of rain.....honestly probably one the most memorable games i ever played in

New update on Clinton vs WRH.

Per AD: Game is still on as of now for Friday, IF moved it will be moved to Saturday.
Just don’t understand why they don’t play it tomorrow night. Well I’m sure WRH and Clinton both will have some of their fans make it to JK tomorrow night.

If the game is Saturday would they do it at 12? 3:30? 7:00? A lot of good college games Saturday

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Yeah thinking about taking in the JK vs ED game tomorrow......idk why they just dont go ahead and say the game is rescheduled for Saturday i mean 100% chance for rain Friday im guessing they banking on the weatherman being wrong possibly......12??? Hell nah lol it will probably be regular time 7 or 730

Well I got me a new Gadget yesterday. An INternet Hot Spot. So I can listen to the game Friday or Saturday night at the River RV Park where they have no WI-FI. Plan on having Rainbow/Brown Trout and/or Small Mouth BAss, cole slaw and fried taters for the game meal....fresh caught of course.

Yeah thinking about taking in the JK vs ED game tomorrow......idk why they just dont go ahead and say the game is rescheduled for Saturday i mean 100% chance for rain Friday im guessing they banking on the weatherman being wrong possibly......12??? Hell nah lol it will probably be regular time 7 or 730
Thats a shame. Other than State Championships high school sports don’t belong on weekends

Reactions: Swo_05
All about that gate $$$$. James Kenan and East Duplin playing Thursday night. They are figuring on a lot their fans coming to watch Clinton and Wallace play.

All about that gate $$$$. James Kenan and East Duplin playing Thursday night. They are figuring on a lot their fans coming to watch Clinton and Wallace play.

I wouldnt count on it IF its raining. And if it does dont look like it will be a drizzle. I think betting on that will have the same outcome as the Mega MIllions drawing ... no winners in NC ....or here either ....:oops:

I wouldnt count on it IF its raining. And if it does dont look like it will be a drizzle. I think betting on that will have the same outcome as the Mega MIllions drawing ... no winners in NC ....or here either ....:oops:

Suppose to clear up Saturday field probably a lil damp but besides that should be good to go.....if i have to chose between watching college football on tv or watching Clinton football ill chose Clinton everytime especially a game against Wallace....the better college games are early not really interested in Tex/OK State...7pm Saturday ill be at Darkhorse Stadium on the 50

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT