ADVERTISEMENT

With 365 days to go Tarboro vs MT Airy 2023

I don't see anyone beating Mt Airy full strength in regular season if schedule
doesn't change and boy would it look good to beat a Reidsville or real close game with them in non conference play

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I know this may sound strange but I believe the toughest challenge for Mt Airy next year will be in their own conference. If everyone is healthy and play to their abilities Starmount could very well beat Mt Airy. Remember this post this Fall lol
Stm will have the NSurry kid at QB he transferred.half way through season. His dad works at the school.

That is if they play the same non-conference. Ash County may have been a 1-year deal and they could pick up a 3 or 4A team, but if that happens I would like to see a Reidsville rematch.
When we played Reidsville in 2019 the BEARS were having a down year and they beat the BEARS 45 - 14 and the BEARS lost in the 1st round of the playoffs to Mountain Island Charter in OT 35 - 42. BEARS went 8-4 & 4-1 losing a Non-Conference game to Starmount 27 - 21. Lost to East Surry 42 - 10. Win or lose I would like a rematch with 2A Reidsville. A close game to a top-state team like Reidsville would be like a win. JMO, I think they said Reidsville has 20 State Championships on the NCHSAA game pre-show Saturday.

When we played Reidsville in 2019 the BEARS were having a down year and they beat the BEARS 45 - 14 and the BEARS lost in the 1st round of the playoffs to Mountain Island Charter in OT 35 - 42. BEARS went 8-4 & 4-1 losing a Non-Conference game to Starmount 27 - 21. Lost to East Surry 42 - 10. Win or lose I would like a rematch with 2A Reidsville. A close game to a top-state team like Reidsville would be like a win. JMO, I think they said Reidsville has 20 State Championships on the NCHSAA game pre-show Saturday.
I think it would be good for the Bears win or lose. Maybe they can scrimmage if can't schedule

Yeah that may be the case but no one has seen them at full strength with the guys coming back from Forsyth. It's gonna be interesting
Come on dude. Snots that went to Forsyth cuz their daddy's wanted them to play for someone else. Starmount's got kids. They just don't develop them. I'll bet the beating is worse than last year. Remember that this fall. I don't even think they'll be at us. Or the Wilkes cards

Come on dude. Snots that went to Forsyth cuz their daddy's wanted them to play for someone else. Starmount's got kids. They just don't develop them. I'll bet the beating is worse than last year. Remember that this fall. I don't even think they'll be at us. Or the Wilkes cards
I dought Starmount scores on the BEARS in 2023.

Last edited:
Thought I saw earlier where 3 or 4 players from Reagan are gonna go to starmount

Reactions: Orange01
Its that time of year after the high school football season ends. The transfer rumors will start. Will Half of North Surry team probably transfer to MA next season.. If you can build it, they will come.

Congrats the MA on a job well done in 2022! Couldn't have happened to a better coach. Glad to see him get a ring. 2023 he has a dang good shot to add another and will be my pre season pick to win it all. Happy for these kids to see what im sure they have been dreaming about for years come true!

Starmount had 4 kids transfer to Reagan and so far 2 out of the four have transferred back since football has ended and another one is said to be back when the new semester starts. They are all good ball players and yes the north surry qb is already there as well. They will have a real good qb competition in the fall. With that being said MA is a well oiled machine that won’t be derailed easily

Last edited:
TD that was as polite as I could put that. You had typed 2013 and I assumed you meant 2023. I was just trying to be helpful.
Am I 72? No sir. I’m that “spring chicken” age, 59 and 1/2..,
Not that much difference in us…
Believe it or not.
Wow.
A simple message saying you did mean 2023, not 2013 is polite.

A simple message saying you did mean 2023, not 2013 is polite.
TD I have always posted/quoted you with respect on here. Even when sometimes others were ridiculing you for your occasional overzealous ramblings. The way I approached this WAS polite and in no way out of line. If you feel like it was then I don’t know why. Same thing as what you saying above.

TD I have always posted/quoted you with respect on here. Even when sometimes others were ridiculing you for your occasional overzealous ramblings. The way I approached this WAS polite and in no way out of line. If you feel like it was then I don’t know why. Same thing as what you saying above.
All is good. It just hit me wrong this morning. You will find the older you get the more things get under your skin.

Reactions: thekidd12
Starmount had 4 kids transfer to Reagan and so far 2 out of the far have transferred back since football has ended and another one is said to be back when the new semester starts. They are all good ball players and yes the north surry qb is already there as well. They will have a real good qb competition in the fall. With that being said MA is a well oiled machine that won’t be derailed easily
Let's clarify guys. They had some kids go over before their freshman year. From what I understand only one is exceptional as he was starting on the defensive line I believe in the varsity. Which is a big deal because Reagan was good. The other three are a little hyped. Although one is a good kicker or plumber I can't remember. And is a big kid. That can run. But they had plenty of those last year didn't they. Now they're not getting to play varsity except for the one kid who I don't know why he would transfer back but the JV quarterbacks not going to be the varsity quarterback because there's a freshman that starting on the varsity at Reagan now. I saw the North Surrry QB he seemed to be pretty good. Could not understand why they benched him. I don't even think it'll be a quarterback competition. If they throw the ball he should win it.

Sounds like the rams are on the up and up. That’s a good thing , does a lot for conference play. Does good for the bears as well. They need a bit of a test in the conference. I’m more interested what a tayshon Martin / DJ Joyce backfield will look like when we get to see it next year for the bears. We all know what a Tyler Mason / Caleb Reid backfield looks like. That’s gonna be a special pair as well . The cup runneth over for the bears with backs

No idea
Sounds like the rams are on the up and up. That’s a good thing , does a lot for conference play. Does good for the bears as well. They need a bit of a test in the conference. I’m more interested what a tayshon Martin / DJ Joyce backfield will look like when we get to see it next year for the bears. We all know what a Tyler Mason / Caleb Reid backfield looks like. That’s gonna be a special pair as well . The cup runneth over for the bears with backs
Well its like everyone has already noted. Starmount usually has a good group of athletes but in order to compete with the east surrys and mount airys of the world you cant just be getting better from August 1st to Novemeber. It starts as soon as the season ends

Its a nice problem to have if you can use them all

Mason and Reid return?

They will call the BEARS, the BEAST next year. Tarboro may be playing for 2nd next year. JMO. 🐻 🏈 ;)
Sure. I can promise y'all Tarboro will want that rematch. The pain of this loss will motivate them this off season. The mental edge will go to them this time. It's obvious this whole winning championships thing is new to y'all cuz y'all haven't won one in forever. But again congratulations the best team won this year but I can promise you this Tarboro will be wanting another shot at y'all next year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT