ADVERTISEMENT

With 365 days to go Tarboro vs MT Airy 2023

Dogs lost 2 OL, QB and RB. On defense they return almost intact like 9-10 guys.
I think that jv quarterback is going to be pretty special the next three years. And doesn’t he have a twin brother?

Tarboro invitation, those two guys bragging on Northern Nash had no clue about East Lincoln. That was a physical beat down.
I was impressed by how well the QB for east Lincoln faked his handoffs to his rbs. Fooled me a bunch of times lol. Northern shot themselves in the foot to with 4 turnovers. East Lincoln fumbled on their opening drive of the game after northern scored and I really felt like that was a massive missed opportunity for Northern. If Northern had scored a touchdown there then next thing you know it's a 14-0 game very early in the game. Not saying they win but momentum is key. Northern Nash QB overthrew a lot of his receiver's to. There would be times he would try to take a deep shot down field with guys covered very well, instead of throwing to a receiver in the middle of the field. It really felt like Northern had this mentality of this is gonna be a shootout and we have to take chances often. But congrats to the mustangs they were indeed impressive, and extremely well balanced.

Mason and Reid return?
They return, but I envision a lot of work for The younger gallimore brother at quarterback along with Martin and Joyce in the backfield: The schedule will allow them to get their fair share of snaps. They are gonna be a very special in their own right in the next couple years. Not to mention the rest of that 9th / 10th grade class.

Let's clarify guys. They had some kids go over before their freshman year. From what I understand only one is exceptional as he was starting on the defensive line I believe in the varsity. Which is a big deal because Reagan was good. The other three are a little hyped. Although one is a good kicker or plumber I can't remember. And is a big kid. That can run. But they had plenty of those last year didn't they. Now they're not getting to play varsity except for the one kid who I don't know why he would transfer back but the JV quarterbacks not going to be the varsity quarterback because there's a freshman that starting on the varsity at Reagan now. I saw the North Surrry QB he seemed to be pretty good. Could not understand why they benched him. I don't even think it'll be a quarterback competition. If they throw the ball he should win it.
Yes let's clarify it. You don't know what you're talking about. I've known all 4 since they were little kids. I know their parents as well. They went to Reagan after middle school at Starmount. One of the the kids dad's is a teacher there. They went to get more exposure from colleges and to play against better competition which in turn helps you improve as a player. They predominantly played JV their freshman year. One is an exceptional punter and punted for the varsity in the playoffs as a freshman. One got hurt as a freshman(acl). All 4 started on Varsity as sophomores. The Running back that got hurt his Freshman year tore the acl in his other leg and season was cut short. The other athlete punted, played QB some and also receiver. The other 2 are on the offensive line. All 4 are great players. The athlete/QB would be the QB for Starmount next year but since they have the kid from NS now they might put him in as another back or wide receiver. The way AJ Pardue was running the ball at the end of the season along with these guys coming. They will be dangerous if they can put it all together. When this group was in elementary school I predicted then that one day they would play for the State Championship. They could be a year away from it but I expect a deep run if not more. Now I hope that settles everything.

Someone else made a good point about the athletes still being at SM but not being developed. That is correct. I wish it was like it was in the 90's.

West Forsyth is out there. idk pay wise but it's a challenge if he's up for it. I have to say it isn't much of a challenge for him to win at Mt.Airy..and it will be easy for him to sustain there with what's in the pipeline.

We can put any West Forsyth speculation to rest. They've hired the Head Coach from NW Guilford.

Yes let's clarify it. You don't know what you're talking about. I've known all 4 since they were little kids. I know their parents as well. They went to Reagan after middle school at Starmount. One of the the kids dad's is a teacher there. They went to get more exposure from colleges and to play against better competition which in turn helps you improve as a player. They predominantly played JV their freshman year. One is an exceptional punter and punted for the varsity in the playoffs as a freshman. One got hurt as a freshman(acl). All 4 started on Varsity as sophomores. The Running back that got hurt his Freshman year tore the acl in his other leg and season was cut short. The other athlete punted, played QB some and also receiver. The other 2 are on the offensive line. All 4 are great players. The athlete/QB would be the QB for Starmount next year but since they have the kid from NS now they might put him in as another back or wide receiver. The way AJ Pardue was running the ball at the end of the season along with these guys coming. They will be dangerous if they can put it all together. When this group was in elementary school I predicted then that one day they would play for the State Championship. They could be a year away from it but I expect a deep run if not more. Now I hope that settles everything.

Someone else made a good point about the athletes still being at SM but not being developed. That is correct. I wish it was like it was in the 90's.
So really if you know so much and you're obviously a qualified ex-football player and coach. Pretty much what you just said I just said.. although the great hope of the quarterback ever playing at Reagan never materialized. Since they played a wide receiver instead of him and then they played a freshman. But I believe I did say he would be a good punter. I believe I did say they went before high school. What's your probably angry at is that you know they're going to come back to boonville and finish second or third place just like they always have. Well in about the last 10 years. Did you know them so well you'll know that you know Daddy's send them to a different county School to get more exposure as freshman and sophomores. But if they were so good they would have gotten more exposure as freshman and sophomores with the Rams. However all four did not start on varsity as sophomores. And the only quality one is not coming to the Rams. He's staying because he's very good and is going to continue to start on the line. Put aside your petty jealousy. Since you know so much.Don't forget that Junior varsity score that you guys like to talk about so much. Was missing I believe 7 excuse me 5:00 players when they got whipped by Mount airy all of them are better than anybody you're bringing in. Heck one of them just dominated the outside of the field as a true freshman against tarboro. You just keep remembering that. When you make the same excuse year after year.

So really if you know so much and you're obviously a qualified ex-football player and coach. Pretty much what you just said I just said.. although the great hope of the quarterback ever playing at Reagan never materialized. Since they played a wide receiver instead of him and then they played a freshman. But I believe I did say he would be a good punter. I believe I did say they went before high school. What's your probably angry at is that you know they're going to come back to boonville and finish second or third place just like they always have. Well in about the last 10 years. Did you know them so well you'll know that you know Daddy's send them to a different county School to get more exposure as freshman and sophomores. But if they were so good they would have gotten more exposure as freshman and sophomores with the Rams. However all four did not start on varsity as sophomores. And the only quality one is not coming to the Rams. He's staying because he's very good and is going to continue to start on the line. Put aside your petty jealousy. Since you know so much.Don't forget that Junior varsity score that you guys like to talk about so much. Was missing I believe 7 excuse me 5:00 players when they got whipped by Mount airy all of them are better than anybody you're bringing in. Heck one of them just dominated the outside of the field as a true freshman against tarboro. You just keep remembering that. When you make the same excuse year after year.
I wasn't angry about anything. I wasn't making any excuses either and I definitely wasn't jealous. Heck I was at the Mt Airy and East Surry playoff games cheering them on lol 🤦This is so foolish and stupid. I don't know how Deana puts up with some of you posters. I certainly can't and am done posting.

I wasn't angry about anything. I wasn't making any excuses either and I definitely wasn't jealous. Heck I was at the Mt Airy and East Surry playoff games cheering them on lol 🤦This is so foolish and stupid. I don't know how Deana puts up with some of you posters. I certainly can't and am done posting.
I try to stay objective and partial as I have no serious ties to any of the schools in the area other than casual interest but I agree. I like to stir the pot, but MA is really the only school that makes it hard for me to pull for. Some of their posters are a little weird with how serious they take a game played by children. I can’t imagine taking it that serious. Way more important things in life. I would love to see Starmount become the dominant program they once were.

I try to stay objective and partial as I have no serious ties to any of the schools in the area other than casual interest but I agree. I like to stir the pot, but MA is really the only school that makes it hard for me to pull for. Some of their posters are a little weird with how serious they take a game played by children. I can’t imagine taking it that serious. Way more important things in life. I would love to see Starmount become the dominant program they once were.
If your not from this community you wouldnt understand. We have a pride for our school and the kids in it. MA Football has a Rich tradition of football dating back to 1930s winning first state title. We love our small town 1A football and Friday nights. Couldnt tell you last season MA had a losing season. Once Bear always a Bear always proud. Hate us Respect us....but you will always remember us.

If your not from this community you wouldnt understand. We have a pride for our school and the kids in it. MA Football has a Rich tradition of football dating back to 1930s winning first state title. We love our small town 1A football and Friday nights. Couldnt tell you last season MA had a losing season. Once Bear always a Bear always proud. Hate us Respect us....but you will always remember us.
At the end of a day, it’s a game played by children.
Buzz, I fully understand the sentiment of community and rallying behind your team. That’s not what I’m talking about. Anyone that threatens to stop posting on a message board because their, as @thekidd12 likes to say, teenagers lose a state championship game should probably reevaluate some of their priorities. Then again, as much as you brag, to only have 2 state championships in the modern era would probably send me over the r edge as well.

At the end of a day, it’s a game played by children.

Buzz, I fully understand the sentiment of community and rallying behind your team. That’s not what I’m talking about. Anyone that threatens to stop posting on a message board because their, as @thekidd12 likes to say, teenagers lose a state championship game should probably reevaluate some of their priorities. Then again, as much as you brag, to only have 2 state championships in the modern era would probably send me over the r edge as well.
I said that to show how confident I was in MA winning.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
To let uk at the end of the game the other day some man was yelling at me from about 10 seats up. He was saying hey buzzcoach and begin to talk trash at me. I was sitting with my wife and friends and this guy starts to belittle me and run his mouth. We got into it pretty heavy and leaving had to get in his face. I had several people come to my defense and tell him what an idiot he was. He smelled like a brewery! This kinda ruined the moment. His stupid wife said you need to be respectful. She was told by several that they were the ones started the childish crap. Now that is sad when someone tries to attack you for a message board opinion and try to embarrass you. I thought about getting off preps but I am not letting anyone dictate what I do in life. This mans last name was Hull from what I am told. Either way he was intoxicated at a high school football game. Anyone got a problem with me bc of a message board and know me be a man and lets talk face to face. A person should not be judged by what is said on a very opinionated message board. It should be fun banter on here not personal. This guy took stuff personal and made an personal to attack me. We really do need to chill out bc you are right it is just a game played by teenagers. Win or lose I just love the atmosphere of HS sports and the competition. Illuminati have a great day hope the Holidays are good for you.

Great post! Thankful that you see what I along with some others do.

This is not in anyway boastful. I'm just a casual fan of high school football and the local teams. I am partial to Starmount obviously. With that being said I do believe that the Rams overall will have as much or slightly more talent/athletic ability at the skilled positions than Mt Airy next year if the guys heal up from surgeries and physical therapy(yes I'm a Mt Airy fan as well and this is my honest assessment). <------It's sad that I even have to state that. 😔 The key for the Rams will be the line play. That's where Mt Airy is so good. They are a well oiled machine as others have stated. It remains to be seen what the Rams line can do. I'm sure that it will take them several games into the season to get rolling. As others have stated as well, athletes aren't the issue at Starmount. They have more than enough to win a state championship. The training, commitment and lack of culture is the issue. Some of the best athletes no longer even play football. Who knows if that will change in the future.

Great post by you also Buzz! Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas!

Great post! Thankful that you see what I along with some others do.

This is not in anyway boastful. I'm just a casual fan of high school football and the local teams. I am partial to Starmount obviously. With that being said I do believe that the Rams overall will have as much or slightly more talent/athletic ability at the skilled positions than Mt Airy next year if the guys heal up from surgeries and physical therapy(yes I'm a Mt Airy fan as well and this is my honest assessment). <------It's sad that I even have to state that. 😔 The key for the Rams will be the line play. That's where Mt Airy is so good. They are a well oiled machine as others have stated. It remains to be seen what the Rams line can do. I'm sure that it will take them several games into the season to get rolling. As others have stated as well, athletes aren't the issue at Starmount. They have more than enough to win a state championship. The training, commitment and lack of culture is the issue. Some of the best athletes no longer even play football. Who knows if that will change in the future.

Great post by you also Buzz! Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas!
I’m glad to see another ram poster. Seems we are on the same page with pretty much everything abt our team. Hopefully we get to start seeing that culture change back to the old ways when starmount was a tough out every single week. These 40 point losses are becoming too normal at starmount

Reactions: NCBBFB
I can't figure out if he doesn't like what we say and has no dog in the fights why is he on here complaining? I'll tell you why he loves finding posts to complain about so he can attack the posters about what they say so he has something to talk about. Without these posts that love their teams, he would have nothing to say. It is his only way to get someone to talk to him. He is at a loss with no team in any of the games. If I had no team I would not be on her harassing posters that love their teams. Poor shepherd has no herd ! I won't give him the pleasure to have a stupid complaint on my post. You see the SMC bragging when they have a great season but he knows they stick together and will all give him 4ell ..... Little Bopete has no sheep.

Lol…it gets crazy on here sometimes!

I can't figure out if he doesn't like what we say and has no dog in the fights why is he on here complaining? I'll tell you why he loves finding posts to complain about so he can attack the posters about what they say so he has something to talk about. Without these posts that love their teams, he would have nothing to say. It is his only way to get someone to talk to him. He is at a loss with no team in any of the games. If I had no team I would not be on her harassing posters that love their teams. Poor shepherd has no herd ! I won't give him the pleasure to have a stupid complaint on my post. You see the SMC bragging when they have a great season but he knows they stick together and will all give him 4ell ..... Little Bopete has no sheep.

TD, I shouldn’t dignify you with a response considering how nonsensical you are most of the time with your incoherent ramblings, but some people just enjoy the game and watching communities compete without all of the emotional investment you put into it. If my thoughts are that upsetting to you, I rest my case.

Obviously having over 100 more kids helps, sometimes close if not more than 200 more kids, but it's interesting what Mount Airy has done and been able to sustain for over 2 decades that Elkin hasn't.

Obviously having over 100 more kids helps, sometimes close if not more than 200 more kids, but it's interesting what Mount Airy has done and been able to sustain for over 2 decades that Elkin hasn't.
The culture that Mt Airy has created and sustained is second to none as far as I'm concerned. What kid wouldn't want to play on that field with that scoreboard, music, announcer and fans? They've set the bar with that atmosphere and community support. It feels like being at a College game.

The culture that Mt Airy has created and sustained is second to none as far as I'm concerned. What kid wouldn't want to play on that field with that scoreboard, music, announcer and fans? They've set the bar with that atmosphere and community support. It feels like being at a College game.
Thought you weren't going to post anymore? I just want everyone on NC preps to know that this guy thinks the skill level athletic ability of the people at starmount is as good as what Mount airy has. Here's what I would say. Number 5, number 25, number three, number 21, number seven, number four, number 12, will all be back. I would argue that you don't have one single person as good as an athlete as that. Oh then as we stated before and I really shouldn't be doing this but I just hate seeing this dumb daddy ball crap coming from Reagan to boonville happen. And back and forth. Number 22 a freshman went in and dominated the line of scrimmage against tarboro. I'm speaking that slow to you so that you can understand the ridiculousness of your statement. I don't think that you will beat us in the next 3 or 4 years. But I know Mount airy will beat us handily. I'm amazed.. stop posting you make no sense

Thought you weren't going to post anymore? I just want everyone on NC preps to know that this guy thinks the skill level athletic ability of the people at starmount is as good as what Mount airy has. Here's what I would say. Number 5, number 25, number three, number 21, number seven, number four, number 12, will all be back. I would argue that you don't have one single person as good as an athlete as that. Oh then as we stated before and I really shouldn't be doing this but I just hate seeing this dumb daddy ball crap coming from Reagan to boonville happen. And back and forth. Number 22 a freshman went in and dominated the line of scrimmage against tarboro. I'm speaking that slow to you so that you can understand the ridiculousness of your statement. I don't think that you will beat us in the next 3 or 4 years. But I know Mount airy will beat us handily. I'm amazed.. stop posting you make no sense
Dont forget #22 very good running back also. #10 coming up from jv can fly. And #12 from JV Clabos son who plays tight end and DE is 6'5. MA will be damn good next year. Just have to get these kids having surgery heeled. Plus the line coming up is huge and can move.

Last edited:
The PA Announcer is The City Of Mount Airy's Fire Chief. His son Holden holds the all time passing record in school history and other son #14 played on this years Ship team. He does a great job. He replaced two legends father and son that did it forever. My favorite thing he says is "there goes that chain gang"!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT