ADVERTISEMENT

Williamston Riverside HC steps down?

Doppleganger#

Jul 4, 2003
I don't know anything about the School or the football program, but why would HC Brian Paschal step down? He had that program going in a good postive direction. Their Middle School were undefeated, they had jv players that were very good playing Varisty. Did he have bad relationship with the higher ups? Or did he get a good offer from a bigger School to coach? Is Jim Bob Bryant still on staff? If so, maybe he will take over. I still think Riverside will be competive. If they keep the team together. And i was looking forward to their match ups with Tarboro. That should be the biggest match up in the conference. Suprised this hasn't already been posted.

Last edited:
JBB is there. They'll be fine. He just decided to retire. Coach Paschal had a great career! They will be able to compete better over the next few years as all those young kids come up and continue to develop. With Coach McGill being county AD and presumably a smooth transition to a new HFC, they'll be really good. Maybe back to old days of Williamston HS Championship football.

Reactions: Doppleganger#
JBB is there. They'll be fine. He just decided to retire. Coach Paschal had a great career! They will be able to compete better over the next few years as all those young kids come up and continue to develop. With Coach McGill being county AD and presumably a smooth transition to a new HFC, they'll be really good. Maybe back to old days of Williamston HS Championship football.
I’ve been told Jim Bob is OC at Leesville now.

Reactions: Coach Floyd 252
I’ve been told Jim Bob is OC at Leesville now.
Their offense was much improved last year with the freshman qb running the rpo . That kid will be a factor to be reckoned with. If they shore up the defense they will certainly be a contender

Y'all are correct. JBB is now at Leesville as the OC. Interesting opening now. They have a ton of young talent returning and a football guy for the county AD. This is a good time at Riverside.

QB announced he was transferring…
If that's the case that's a big time blow. Still surprising coach paschal retired after such a good year last year. I've heard their middle school team went undefeated this past year and is expected to be just as good this year.

That’s going to hurt. Saw him play a few times and I was impressed.
That's definitely a big loss for them. He impressed me as well for being a freshman. Coming into the next two seasons I saw Riverside being the biggest threat to Tarboro in the east. Now I'm not so sure.

If that's the case that's a big time blow. Still surprising coach paschal retired after such a good year last year. I've heard their middle school team went undefeated this past year and is expected to be just as good this year.
Thank you sir! To God be the glory! We have been undefeated the last two years. I will return Lords will to coach one more year being that my son will be in the 8th grade next school year.

Just saw someone post on Facebook that South Creek and Riverside will compete as “Martin County Schools” this year in both high school and middle school.

Anyone know anything about this?

Just saw someone post on Facebook that South Creek and Riverside will compete as “Martin County Schools” this year in both high school and middle school.

Anyone know anything about this?
Wonder if this would put them in 2a. Highschool ot com posted the story

Last edited:
Will they eventually going to build a new school - Ik article said No but I feel like that would be the best option n also I am curious where they would put it and also I think this is the best case for all students

The school will be at 670 for combined schools

Where are my ADM posters at?

If Riverside has 440 and South Creek has 230…are those still 1A numbers?

So for the middle school prospective - they will also combined both middle school as well and also will u school at the HS after your son is done with MS?
Yes, we will be combining middle school sports as well. I believe I need to stay at the middle school to continue to build champions... I'm all about building a program. We are about to make some big hires soon. We have sports/education minded administrators on the way.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Where are my ADM posters at?

If Riverside has 440 and South Creek has 230…are those still 1A numbers?
In 2 years we probably will be a 1a again, but athletes will be here. We have a very talented group coming up in the rec and middle school. Most of our other kids choose Bear Grass,Lawrence, and Hobgood for other sports which keeps us small.

Well if NCHSAA goes 7a for football 1a could be around 400 in two years. Depends on what happens with the charters.

So basically two schools athletics are combining to make a large 1a team but the schools are in separate locations. Seems like a gate way for potential problems

So basically two schools athletics are combining to make a large 1a team but the schools are in separate locations. Seems like a gate way for potential problems
I would assume they will eventually merger bc Montgomery Central did it so i would assume in near future they will have a martin co hs building for both schools

Reactions: BK13T-$
Agreed.

I don’t really see how they can make this decision so late. Schedules are pretty much already set for next year.

I'm honestly surprised they approved it this close to the season starting. Like tarvikes stated, most every team has their schedules already set by now. And Tarboro plays both martin county schools in conference. And it would be very hard to find a replacement that time of year because just about everybody's in conference play.

Reactions: BK13T-$
The vikes can pick up a 4a. Oh wait no one wants to risk getting beat by a 1 a do they haha. I'd like to see the tarboro boys go in and whip a 3a or 2a contender
Not many teams in the upper classifications wanna take the risk of losing to a 1a. It's understandable but it definitely makes it hard to find a non conference opponent. Tarboro does have Hertford week 2 and word on the street is they are gonna be very good this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT