ADVERTISEMENT

Who Wins 2A West?

Who wins

• West Stokes

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Reidsville

Votes: 55 75.3%

• Total voters
Either way whoever wins has the home advantage at Winston-Salem. The East teams are at best 160 miles from WS and that’s if Clinton wins. Way farther if NE wins.

Reactions: Rammer16
Either way whoever wins has the home advantage at Winston-Salem. The East teams are at best 160 miles from WS and that’s if Clinton wins. Way farther if NE wins.

Yeah, Reidsville is less than an hour from Winston.

It's not a home field advantage...just because it's a longer drive doesn't mean nothing...there's no proof to that theory...just gives the team a chance to get some rest and focus on the game

It's not a home field advantage...just because it's a longer drive doesn't mean nothing...there's no proof to that theory...just gives the team a chance to get some rest and focus on the game

True, but it’s a lot easier for fans to travel 1 hour or less for a 11Am kickoff than 2 1/2 hours. That’s all I was saying. But Cart before the horse at this point.

True, but it’s a lot easier for fans to travel 1 hour or less for a 11Am kickoff than 2 1/2 hours. That’s all I was saying. But Cart before the horse at this point.
all that's true ...but most true fans would travel from murphy to manteo or vice versa to see their team in a state title game.....................

Reactions: Crr1968
Back to the game.

The last team that the Rams faced with a great passing game was East Surry. Reidsville had no pass rush whatsoever and the secondary was lit up like a Christmas tree.

It will be interesting to see how the Rams try to defend the West Stokes five receiver sets and a QB that loves to scramble and make plays to Parsons #13.

And the Rams are a little beat up and not at full strength.

Could be a lot of points put up on the scoreboard Friday night and another 3 hour plus contest.

The rams still haven’t generated a great pass rush.
Secondary is better with a d1 athlete at safety

we need to keep 9 off defense as much as possible. He’s to valuable to lose, he’s probably pushing canada stats from last year.

Who was the last team to knock off a one and two seed to get to the championship game? This would be one of the biggest upsets if they could pull this off on the road.

Reactions: seadog28
Back to the game.

The last team that the Rams faced with a great passing game was East Surry. Reidsville had no pass rush whatsoever and the secondary was lit up like a Christmas tree.

It will be interesting to see how the Rams try to defend the West Stokes five receiver sets and a QB that loves to scramble and make plays to Parsons #13.

And the Rams are a little beat up and not at full strength.

Could be a lot of points put up on the scoreboard Friday night and another 3 hour plus contest.
heard bad news today that Rams will be without one of their key D lineman.............others have to step up like they did last week versus Brevard............definitely think that the linebacking play has greatly improved since East Surry....Reidsville D has shut 8 teams out this year, so they are certainly capable...........since East Surry loss....Reidsville has won 8 straight and outscored their foes 390-34...............................

2A game should be the 3pm game because of distance
otherwise the East 2A team would need to spend Friday pm in W/S

Last edited:
Reactions: FB is my Life
Here is what I know.... Jimmy Upchurch is gonna have his guys fired up and focused when they travel down from King. If the Rams are not focused, and a few guys dont step up, it will be a long night.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Here is what I know.... Jimmy Upchurch is gonna have his guys fired up and focused when they travel down from King. If the Rams are not focused, and a few guys dont step up, it will be a long night.
This is not Jimmy Teague of Reidsville first rodeo...He has won 301 games and counting while coaching here.....both teams will be focused..................

I promise you and I take it your a former player that once game time comes around in warmups when you step out on that field and the crowd is going crazy...that long bus ride is a distant memory..you could travel from the moon to get to WS,and it wouldn't even matter at that point anymore

Reactions: Ooooner
I promise you and I take it your a former player that once game time comes around in warmups when you step out on that field and the crowd is going crazy...that long bus ride is a distant memory..you could travel from the moon to get to WS,and it wouldn't even matter at that point anymore

Not even close, but I know the crowd will show for whoever is lucky enough to make it. I was just saying that the casual fan may not be as inclined to travel 160 miles vs 50 or less.

Reactions: TVILLEDAWG2370
heard bad news today that Rams will be without one of their key D lineman.............others have to step up like they did last week versus Brevard............definitely think that the linebacking play has greatly improved since East Surry....Reidsville D has shut 8 teams out this year, so they are certainly capable...........since East Surry loss....Reidsville has won 8 straight and outscored their foes 390-34...............................
Also a starting offensive lineman is out (note: same player as the defensive lineman).

You heard incorrect news.

Does Coach Upchurch own a restaurant in in/near King? I have heard some rumblings about that from my Rural Hall contacts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT