ADVERTISEMENT

When a loss makes more statewide news than a win...

72 State Champion

Oct 7, 2016
...you prove again that you are the "True Dynasty" of North Carolina high school football.
The Shelby Golden Lions have appeared in 12 of the last 15 Western Regional Finals.
Think about that for a second.
And that is only in this century.
Many more in the 40 years before that.
Are we not being humble enough now, having lost last night?
We offer heartfelt congratulations to the Hibriten players, coaches, and community. We want them to bring back the trophy. When we lose, we want to lose to the best.
Our three losses this year we feel were to the best.
Is it not humble enough when we remind all that at Shelby measures our success in decades, not in years.
It took thousands of hardworking and humble people to arrive where we are.
We are not going to back off recognizing that unique position because we came up short last night.
No, we are going to celebrate it, and pass the torch to the next team and the next decade of teams... all while wishing the best for Hibriten.
If that offends you and you feel the need to attack us personally, that is disappointing.
Thank you, Golden Lions, for these past five amazing and historic years.
And thank you Shelby, for building something unique, timeless, and so wonderful to share.

Lol...

Que the theme music from Dirty Dancing.

" Now I had the time of my life, and I never felt this way before....."

I hate to break the news to you but out side of the bubble the 72 Champion lives in 99.9% of this state dont have any clue who or what the Shelby Golden Lions are. Life went on without disruption yesterday. It was hardly front page news.

Players, coaches, some fans probably took a day to shake it off and will now move on to the other parts of their lives.

Only guys like you who fetisize over the Golden Lions will look for opportunities to make it about refs, facilities or maybe.....a two page letter and protest to the NCHSAA about god knows what injustice has befallen Shelby football.

Statewide......SMH. Go breakdown that 8th grade football film over the next 6 months and get over yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT