ADVERTISEMENT

What is going on in Elizabeth City???

Ok I can admit when I’m wrong 😑. These Northeastern Eagles 🦅 are without a doubt the team to beat in the East. After watching the Clinton @ East Duplin game I just don’t see Northeastern losing to anyone in the East. I know the polls like Clinton but as a gambling man I’d now bet the farm on Northeastern to three peat.

THAT MY FRIENDS YOU CAN LOCK UP 🔒

NORTHEASTERN WONT BE DENIED!!! THAT IS UNTIL WE PLAY REIDSVILLE 😂😂. We’re not beating Pinnix and Pass
You must of gotten over that 5* rb that was supposedly coming 🤣. Its ok, I'm sure coach has the next Russell Wilson coming next year 😂. He sure better, we lose everyone on offense

Covid season, but NE has had a 10-15 year run of nice players and teams. Other teams get better and also classifications change things. Im not saying there run is over, but it dies appear other local teams are catching up.
The run is over unless there's a phenom coming in. NE loses a ton and from what I know there isn't much coming up. Our qb next year is nice but he's only like 5'7 and we lose almost the entire offensive line.

When are you doing your playoff predictions? You're normally very close
Well, the problem with that this year is that they'll be taking the conference champions and doing a random draw to seed 1-10, then taking the 2nd place auto bids and doing a random draw to seed those spots, then taking the wild cards and doing a random draw to seed them....just know there is a possibility that McMichael (or possibly Morehead, if they win out, and McMichael loses its last two) could be the #1 seed in the 2AA East bracket....the projections on HSOT are ok, but they are definitely listing things AS THEY STAND RIGHT NOW, and take nothing into consideration about what could happen...that is, they're currently showing the wild card teams as whoever loses the upcoming game for the conference championship (SWE/Beddingfield and Reidsville/BY), when whoever loses those games will most likely be out altogether, as a 4-1 conference winning percentage of .800 may not get it done...I will try to piece something together later this week or next week, that shows the possibilities of who could go into each tier, and maybe who could go 2A/2AA if we get the ADM numbers soon

Reactions: TheMule and UNC91
NE needs to pick up a game vs East Duplin. Those boys are damn tough. We were lucky to win. Shutout in 2nd half but our defense also played better too. Forced some turnovers.

Reactions: dogs79
NE needs to pick up a game vs East Duplin. Those boys are damn tough. We were lucky to win. Shutout in 2nd half but our defense also played better too. Forced some turnovers.

I went to East Duplin to watch them play North Lexington in the East Reginal a few years back. I wanted to watch Chris Dunn the kicker that went to State. I was blown away by the entrance east Duplin did. I go to a lot of college games but honestly ED did the best Entrance I have seen anywhere. I could kick myself for not filming it.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
We were all tuned in to Clinton vs East Duplin. Loved that Duplin went for two and the win instead of opting for OT. Good goal line stand for Clinton under tremendous pressure knowing that if they lose then they may not make the playoffs.

Ed is always tough? Is that something you just realized? ED is a legendary program, always a tough out. NE would never schedule ED, way to long of travel.

ED played a two game series with Northeastern some time around 2010. ED won both I think

Reactions: UNC91
ED played a two game series with Northeastern some time around 2010. ED won both I think

Home and away serious or both at East?

Seems like a long non conference game. Especially with so many schools close by. When my kids were at swo 2000-2004. It was hard to schedule anything that far away.

We were all tuned in to Clinton vs East Duplin. Loved that Duplin went for two and the win instead of opting for OT. Good goal line stand for Clinton under tremendous pressure knowing that if they lose then they may not make the playoffs.

What's your take goober on both team? NE vs clinton and east? What would you think go down?

Home and away serious or both at East?

Seems like a long non conference game. Especially with so many schools close by. When my kids were at swo 2000-2004. It was hard to schedule anything that far away.
Home and away

Reidsville can be beat brother, just like any team. Clinton should be 2A hopefully with remote learning kids and what not

With a shorten playoff field and some larger 2AA schools not being able to make the playoffs its possible that teams like Clinton,Beddingfield,SWE who are normally right around the cutoff may possibly end up being 2AA this go around

What's your take goober on both team? NE vs clinton and east? What would you think go down?
This is my take and I know I will upset many up here. After watching Clinton East Duplin I realized just how bad the east is. Neither of those teams stand much of a chance against NE. The Eagles are getting no love from Chris Hughes but thats no surprise. If NE and Clinton meet up again I think NE wins by 14 plus. NE can run with two good backs and Biggie loves to throw it. NE defense is anchored by Freshwater and Fletcher and they are nasty. Everyone knows Freshwater but many will be surprised when they see #51 for the first time. Don't look much into the loss against Edenton, NE was w/o Freshwater and our star rb was hurt for that game. Edenton will beat Tarboro this year and finally get over that hump. Reidsville will beat my NE Eagles by 35 plus if they were to meet up, it will be ugly

Well its good to see you NE guys get your confidence back especially after the negativity of the first 2 weeks i told yall to relax its a marathon not a sprint. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but judging a team's whole body of work based off one game kinda naive isnt it especially since everyone down this way knows how intense that rivalry can be. We play the games for a reason but i guess it all really doesnt matter especially if Reidsville is seeded in the east lol

I have Reidsville versus the Field too...lol however the 2 matchups in the east on their way to the chip I would like to see would be Northeastern and Clinton. Clinton because they are always TOUGH as nails, just not sure if they have seen a passing attack like that down there and Northeastern because they should be familiar w/ Reidsville by now. Heck they held them to a season low 14pts last yr...just could not score. Biggie Proctor at QB (They had a 5'8 QB in the championship for the most part because of Proctor just coming back from injury) and Fletcher alongside Freshwater could give Reidsville a challenge...could...

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
I have Reidsville versus the Field too...lol however the 2 matchups in the east on their way to the chip I would like to see would be Northeastern and Clinton. Clinton because they are always TOUGH as nails, just not sure if they have seen a passing attack like that down there and Northeastern because they should be familiar w/ Reidsville by now. Heck they held them to a season low 14pts last yr...just could not score. Biggie Proctor at QB (They had a 5'8 QB in the championship for the most part because of Proctor just coming back from injury) and Fletcher alongside Freshwater could give Reidsville a challenge...could...

Northeastern is able to slow reidsville down based on that pass rush they have. Is quasi Thomas getting any offers?

One thing to remember is because the seedings will be determined by draw, teams in the East could get to play Reidsville on their own home fields rather than having to travel to Reidsville.

This would give those teams and its fans a real treat as the Rams, who are a senior dominated team, may have the best team they have ever fielded. Time will tell.

One thing to remember is because the seedings will be determined by draw, teams in the East could get to play Reidsville on their own home fields rather than having to travel to Reidsville.

This would give those teams and its fans a real treat as the Rams, who are a senior dominated team, may have the best team they have ever fielded. Time will tell.

Maybe we can return the favor from 98 when we were well on our way to a 3 peat until Reidsville spoiled it.

Well its good to see you NE guys get your confidence back especially after the negativity of the first 2 weeks i told yall to relax its a marathon not a sprint. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but judging a team's whole body of work based off one game kinda naive isnt it especially since everyone down this way knows how intense that rivalry can be. We play the games for a reason but i guess it all really doesnt matter especially if Reidsville is seeded in the east lol
Very good post. Reidsville will dominate the east for sure. Thank you for understanding that post was just my opinion. I have watched Clinton play both East Duplin and Midway so I based my opinion off those two games.

Northeastern is able to slow reidsville down based on that pass rush they have. Is quasi Thomas getting any offers?
Before the season UNC had him on their radar. Quasi has missed some time this year and I’m not sure if he holds any offers. I’m sure he probably does from smaller schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT