ADVERTISEMENT

What can you say?

Does Mount Airys district extend into the county or is it strictly city limits?

The Elkin district extends out into the county.

So you SMC guys are saying west is down bc a SMC team is no good this year hmmmmm
I know you feel slighted but this is the truth. As a whole the west is down this year compared to the past few years. This isn’t saying that MA, Thomasville, and ER are not top shelf first class talented teams. It just means there are fewer of those this year. Truthfully the SMC IS down this year compared to the past several years look at their tract record. And don’t throw out the 1a vs 1aa argument. Those teams could compete against anyone at the 1a/1aa level. Mitchell had better success at the 1aa level than against the SMC at the 1a level. Add in that Mitchell is down a little this year and Heritage isn’t as strong as the past few years when they have been to the western finals or state title game at the 2a level as well. And well the west is down this year it is just what it is.

Having said all that it doesn’t mean MA isn’t a great team this year. Regardless of who they have played their defensive numbers are impressive. Hopefully the schedule doesn’t hurt the, come playoff time.

I still will go with ER to come out of the west barring injury and COVID. Then Tville and MA right on their heels. But if any of these have to go to Murphy, Robbinsville, Cherokee, Swain or Andrew’s be ready they have a history of defeating teams in the playoffs that they should not have.

Go Mountaineers

Reactions: thekidd12
Does Mount Airys district extend into the county or is it strictly city limits?

The Elkin district extends out into the county.
Yeah Elkin district extends into the county alright...mainly stealing from wilkes and yadkin 😂😂not as bad as they use to though

Yeah Elkin district extends into the county alright...mainly stealing from wilkes and yadkin 😂😂not as bad as they use to though

I didn't say which county, and hey there are Elkin addresses in Wilkes 🤣.

But really it is odd to me that people that don't live in the city limits get placed in a city school district. Especially another town like State Road. I wonder if that happens in other city districts.

Jonesville is in Yadkin County. Those kids go to Starmount unless they transfer.

State Road is actually zoned in the Elkin School district. With the lay of the land though it would be a haul for State Road kids to get to Surry Central.

Jonesville is in Yadkin County. Those kids go to Starmount unless they transfer.

State Road is actually zoned in the Elkin School district. With the lay of the land though it would be a haul for State Road kids to get to Surry Central.
You are correct Jonesville is in Yadkin County and Starmount is about 8 to 10 miles from Jonesville but Elkin and Jonesville are connected, you drive out of Elkin into Jonesville and out of Elkin into Wilkes County and about 5 or so miles into Wilkes County you have East Wilkes. So Elkin is in Surry County but borders Yadkin & Wilkes Counties.

What did I post that was inaccurate, Goober?
What you posted was correct but he may not have thought you made it more clear about the taxes. Also if still in effect if you come into the Mount Airy city schools, you have to pay Tuition Fees to go to Mount Airy city schools. Sometimes I don't understand his posts either, but he has good intentions. ( Die Hard Bear Fan )

Reactions: prlyles
What you are missing is the economic support some high schools receive!! Gives them a major advantage! Compare coaches salaries, number of paid coaches on the staff, number of coaches paid for summer workouts, compare the weight rooms, compare the technology, or how often do they have their helmets reconditioned or painted!!!!???? There are many “have nots” in the 1-A level!!
I can only speak about Elkin City school. People in Elkin pay an extra property tax that goes to our school system. The people of Elkin agreed to this added tax. The county is free to raise property taxes county wide to provide the same amount per student as Elkin does if they wish.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I can only speak about Elkin City school. People in Elkin pay an extra property tax that goes to our school system. The people of Elkin agreed to this added tax. The county is free to raise property taxes county wide to provide the same amount per student as Elkin does if they wish.
Do out-of-district kids coming to Elkin schools have to Tuition Fees.

If the county raises property taxes, folks in Elkin would also pay that tax. So, essentially two school supplement taxes on those folks.

The heading of this thread is "WHAT CAN I SAY". I never dreamed that there would be some many add-ons.
So, I want to say one more thing: I CAN SAY WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINITY THAT MOUNT AIRY GRANITE BEARS WILL NOT BE BEAT BY ANYONE THIS FRIDAY NIGHT!

I know that this will disappoint many, be disputed by others and cussed by some. But it is a fact. And what that means is not good news to at least one team more than any other. East Wilkes will know that gives another couple of days for healing to several Bears and they will be really hungry come Monday night.

Wishing all other teams success and injury free games tomorrow night. Enjoy your Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT