ADVERTISEMENT

West Stokes 27 Mt Airy 20

bareman

Jun 23, 2001
2nd half defense by West was difference...stuff Bears on consecutive 4th and 1 plays....West's Hairston rushes for 125. and 3 scores...Bears Ian Holder accounts for 102 yards of O and 2 scores....soph Robert Brown 2-2 on FG's of 27 and 42 yards.....Bears have lost 3 of last 4 games at home......Bears at Elkin on Thurs night....

Last edited:
Mount Airy kids played there butt off tonight. A play here, call there and this may be a different game. As the saying goes "This was a good loss" for this very young team. This team reminds me alot of 2006 team. Hope they can have the success that group did.

not sure about that....must, must be able to run football in short yard situations....Bears will get better by conference time

It was a good football game to watch and a great crowd from both schools. I think Mt Airy got worn down in the second half but I think their team will get better as the season progresses. Both defenses made a lot of big plays. The offensive line for West did a good job in the second half and was impressed with Hairston. I haven't seen a back run that hard for West since Mr. Fleming

Defence close but Offence not near as good as 2006 but will get there . Looking great for 2016 & 2017 though if I am seeing it right .

he was tough in 2nd half....West found a running lane to the right and went after it....good luck

he was tough in 2nd half....West found a running lane to the right and went after it....good luck
when the bears started cramping west came alive. it became a numbers game. Both stops on 4th down turned the game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT