ADVERTISEMENT

West Rowan vs South Point

South Point forced to punt with 4:08 left in 3rd Q. WR on their own 22. A holding penalty backed them up to their own 10 - 1st and 22.

SP..... 28
WR....14

Wilson 12 yd run - 2 pt conversion run by Etherton. Drive anchored by two huge Etherton runs - 9:10 left in game

WR made it 2nd and 6 at SP 19, then 3rd and 5 at SP 17 - under a minute to play. Incomplete pass, batted down by SP Silver, brings up 4th and 5 at SP 17 with 0:35 left in game. WR final timeout.

WR - pass complete to SP 6 - 1st and goal
2nd and goal
WR spiked ball with 11 seconds left in game.
3rd and goal -
TD Otto to Weeks - 6.9 seconds left in game

For NoDogintheFight - SP called for a chop block.
Thanks, but I was there. Didn't see the penalty though. Like I say, it happens, usually a shift or miscommunication.

West pulled those d-lineman way off the line in the SP's second series - at least on 1st down. Then went to a hybrid with the D tackles up closer and the ends off the line

West should have opened it up earlier. Looked like they wanted to prove they could run up the middle too.

Looking forward tor KM/SP

Reactions: sasha_nc
Great ballgame. Looked like SP had control of the game, but some poor clock management and a determined WR team made it tough over those last 6 minutes. Last touchdown setup on the reverse pass by Otto. Only time he went to the wing all night should have been a clear sign for the Raiders. WR had the biggest O line that I have seen this year including Crest. WR must have had at least a half dozen 4th down plays on the night. SP did a good job against the pass other than on the pass that made it 28-21. Time to get ready for the Mounties.

Thanks, but I was there. Didn't see the penalty though. Like I say, it happens, usually a shift or miscommunication.

West pulled those d-lineman way off the line in the SP's second series - at least on 1st down. Then went to a hybrid with the D tackles up closer and the ends off the line

West should have opened it up earlier. Looked like they wanted to prove they could run up the middle too.

Looking forward tor KM/SP

Didn't know that you were catching this game. Thought you might have taken in Shelby or Crest. I've only heard it called twice this season.

A great game. It was a title fight with two heavyweight contenders to be sure. Neither team could really stop the other all night long. Late in the 4th qtr. it appeared SP ran out of gas on offense and defense. At the same time WR started taking it to SP like they had not all night long. If WR had started the game that way, it could have been a long night for the Raiders. I agreed with WR's call to go for two at the end 100%. I would have done the same. However, looking at the how it came out, they maybe should have kicked it and gone to OT. The way SP was gassed, I think WR may have won it in OT. That was a championship game and a kick to the gut to whoever lost. SP is very fortunate to move on and play KM next week.

Enjoy this team much more than the last two years. I will admit the path has been fortunate...but another big difference is this team isn't a bunch of unfounded hype like the last couple years. The OL is legit, the qb is the real deal and the DL has been at times dominant.

Enjoy this team much more than the last two years. I will admit the path has been fortunate...but another big difference is this team isn't a bunch of unfounded hype like the last couple years. The OL is legit, the qb is the real deal and the DL has been at times dominant.

What about the new found SP pass defense? Two more interceptions tonight and almost a third. SP and pass defense, two terms that have never gone together. They are really looking like the real deal now. Much much improved over the first few games.

A great game. It was a title fight with two heavyweight contenders to be sure. Neither team could really stop the other all night long. Late in the 4th qtr. it appeared SP ran out of gas on offense and defense. At the same time WR started taking it to SP like they had not all night long. If WR had started the game that way, it could have been a long night for the Raiders. I agreed with WR's call to go for two at the end 100%. I would have done the same. However, looking at the how it came out, they maybe should have kicked it and gone to OT. The way SP was gassed, I think WR may have won it in OT. That was a championship game and a kick to the gut to whoever lost. SP is very fortunate to move on and play KM next week.

WR made the right call by going for two no doubt...... the wrong call came when they decided to throw it!?!?! They had been pulling (2) lineman all night weighing over 280lbs each and averaging over 4 yards a carry...... I'm glad they chose to throw it down there but if they didn't I would bet a lot of money the conversations on here tonight would be much different. They had all of the momentum and SP was gassed. Otto would have walked in.....

What about the new found SP pass defense? Two more interceptions tonight and almost a third. SP and pass defense, two terms that have never gone together. They are really looking like the real deal now. Much much improved over the first few games.

I was thanking God for that pass D tonight. Starr really got us out of some potentially bad situations as did Silver with that bat down in the 4th.

Reactions: raidertime
I really question our time out management tonight. With a few seconds left in the half and the two point conversion at the end, we seemed to bail out WR with SP timeouts. Both times, WR was out of timeouts and seemed a little confused at the line when we called the timeouts. Didn't understand why we would do that either time. Cost us a TD in the first half but worked out ok at the end. A little better play calling by WR on that 2 point try and the Red Raider season would have ended.

Get your arses on the bus, KM! I can't wait a whole week. Let's do this tonight!

Don't think that would be a good idea. SP was really gassed at the end. Haven't seen this happen to them in a long long time. Normally wear down the other team but that long first half took it out of us.

WR made the right call by going for two no doubt...... the wrong call came when they decided to throw it!?!?! They had been pulling (2) lineman all night weighing over 280lbs each and averaging over 4 yards a carry...... I'm glad they chose to throw it down there but if they didn't I would bet a lot of money the conversations on here tonight would be much different. They had all of the momentum and SP was gassed. Otto would have walked in.....

I agree . Running the ball may have brought a different outcome & OT would have been bad for SP. Lucky break to take the place of the TD given by the referees before half.

Our TE goes out with injury. Can't run some or power set and we can't stop the full back.
Great game except we lost. One of the hardest fought on both sides I have ever seen. I agree with the two point attempt as well. However what you may not know is the big TE for west developed a migraine at the half. Poor kid could not even see. west's power game runs behind the two dig TEs a good bit. That may of been why they threw it on the conversion. He came back in during the 4th but his dad said he could not half see.
Credit goes to the SP kids. This could have went either way. I think not kicking the field goal from the 12 in the 1st quarter came back to haunt us. We go for a 4th and 8 when a short field goal gives us points.

Reactions: coondog8585
Great game except we lost. One of the hardest fought on both sides I have ever seen. I agree with the two point attempt as well. However what you may not know is the big TE for west developed a migraine at the half. Poor kid could not even see. west's power game runs behind the two dig TEs a good bit. That may of been why they threw it on the conversion. He came back in during the 4th but his dad said he could not half see.
Credit goes to the SP kids. This could have went either way. I think not kicking the field goal from the 12 in the 1st quarter came back to haunt us. We go for a 4th and 8 when a short field goal gives us points.

The Falcons played to win. Mad respect here!

The tall blonde kid? At the end of the 1st, WR called two timeouts with the position of getting #80 (shorter stockier kid) back in the game after losing his helmet. Strange situation. White hat would not allow him to return until he had sat out a play - sent him to the sidelines twice - despite two timeouts and a confirmation discussion with the line judge. I thought the timeout(s) allowed him to return. Apparently I don't know the rule, along with the WR coach. Or either white hat was wrong on the TO clearing the helmet coming off....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT