ADVERTISEMENT

West Rowan vs South Point

Know virtually nothing about WR, but will do some digging during the coming week. Glad to have them at home as I remember the waste treatment facility that they cranked up behind our stands when we lost to them at their place with Parks. That was a good WR team and a smelly place to play.

Know virtually nothing about WR, but will do some digging during the coming week. Glad to have them at home as I remember the waste treatment facility that they cranked up behind our stands when we lost to them at their place with Parks. That was a good WR team and a smelly place to play.

We also played them in the 1st round back in 2013 at South Point and evened the series 1-1. They are no slouches on the field, even in an off year. This is not an off-year. They have 3 losses - season non-conference opener against Mooresville (26-28) and against conference foes Concord (10-17) and Hickory Ridge (21-28). If the Raiders want to win, they will have to play a near perfect game - no turnovers, keeping the penalties to a minimum and hopefully not in situations where we give them a first down or undercut our own position (like the INT that the safety took to the Statesville 1 only to have it brought back to the SP 38).

Reactions: seadog28
King was running out of bounds most of night after gains. Something was wrong for sure.

I noticed that too. Playing more like a pro QB.

Boys, I think we found a pass defense. The last few weeks, the SP pass defense has looked nothing like earlier in the season and typical SP pass defenses. The way those guys are playing right now, we can go a long way this year. The last few weeks, any long ball thrown has been more than likely to be intercepted or blocked down. Great improvement there! Go Big RED!

Reactions: sasha_nc
King was running out of bounds most of night after gains. Something was wrong for sure.
Statesville keyed on him all night and the fullback killed team. Like I said earlier SP put on a clinic blocking. Amazing watching those 160 lb linemen open holes against guys 50-75 lbs bigger.

Goo was clearly banged up. He played a great game considering. After clearing the corner, he would just get what he could get and step out of bounds. Saw him on TV last night and looks like he had a front tooth missing.

Reactions: seadog28
This is nothing new. S.P. does this year after year. We're hardly ever the bigger, the faster, the more athletic team, But we continue to "just win"

Unless West Rowan has changed their offense all you will see is the Quarterback running the ball. They will pass the ball some but not until they have to.If their defense comes to play they are good. Against Concord their defense played good but at Hickory Ridge it was a different. South Point should win this one but it is the 3rd round and anything can happen.

Look forward to coming down to your house again. Going to be a fun week for the kids for sure. Seadog will more than likely bail on this game too!!!! Lol!!! Hope to see you there my friend. ;)

Get ready SP. Here comes my pre playoff sleeper team. When i thought we were going 3a. WR was the team i was looking ahead at. As a real threat.

Reactions: frifalcon
I think it's a good thing for King to get out of bounds and not take those hits when he doesn't have too, because let's face reality if he goes down we are done. I agree 73 our pass defense has vastly improved.

Next week: Turkey Thursday and Falcon Friday. A SP two bird buffet. PETA nightmare. And since we are playing at home, no nose plugs required!

Home field advantage is always a good thing for us. With it being Black Friday, traffic on I-85 at Concord Mills will be worse than normal. Glad that it is the Falcons who have to suffer through that rather than our boys.

Home field advantage is always a good thing for us. With it being Black Friday, traffic on I-85 at Concord Mills will be worse than normal. Glad that it is the Falcons who have to suffer through that rather than our boys.

We go through Mooresville Sasha and thru the back way. Hopefully, we will stay clear of the heavy stuff.

We go through Mooresville Sasha and thru the back way. Hopefully, we will stay clear of the heavy stuff.

On the way to visit family near Lincolnton a couple of times, we have come I-40 W to I-77 to catch 150 W at Mooresville. There was traffic on Saturday morning so not one of my favorite routes. I'd rather take 40 to 321 and backtrack 20 miles and get there in about the same amount of time.

Lost my front tooth in similar fashion. Found out later that women love it! :)

On your own, brother. Family stuff to do. However, my blood will be there.

You are one of the good ones, but may the Falcons have kidney stones in the 4th quarter! :)

On your own, brother. Family stuff to do. However, my blood will be there.

You are one of the good ones, but may the Falcons have kidney stones in the 4th quarter! :)

Hahaha!!!! Man you are rough! Got rid of mine before the game last time. But I don't intend to get any this time. Sorry you won't be in attendance, I always looked forward to looking up to you!

Hahaha!!!! Man you are rough! Got rid of mine before the game last time. But I don't intend to get any this time. Sorry you won't be in attendance, I always looked forward to looking up to you!

Thanks, you know I feel the same. Good luck!

GO FALCONS!!!!

Seadog is lying... Well Kinda.... He will be doing family stuff, but he had kids, nephews, and such playing at like 27 different favorite teams... I wonder which one he picks this week
to attend... LOL

YOU MY BOY DOG!!!!!! :)

T

GO FALCONS!!!!

Seadog is lying... Well Kinda.... He will be doing family stuff, but he had kids, nephews, and such playing at like 27 different favorite teams... I wonder which one he picks this week
to attend... LOL

YOU MY BOY DOG!!!!!! :)

T

Lol...give me 1 week with Kane and he'll be an all american at Mississippi State like his Daddy! :)

Lol...give me 1 week with Kane and he'll be an all american at Mississippi State like his Daddy! :)

Ha!!! Bless him he was sick last week during his playoff game ! At the half I asked him if he wanted to come out because I could tell he felt terrible! He said when asked " ABSOLUTELY NOT" and about thirty minutes after the game he got a fever 104 !!! And ended up at the doctor who basically said " well it might be a virus , and sent him home!!

Ha!!! Bless him he was sick last week during his playoff game ! At the half I asked him if he wanted to come out because I could tell he felt terrible! He said when asked " ABSOLUTELY NOT" and about thirty minutes after the game he got a fever 104 !!! And ended up at the doctor who basically said " well it might be a virus , and sent him home!!

Love it...Lineberger and Tate tuff!!!

Love it...Lineberger and Tate tuff!!!

Yep, that's why we are recruiting him before Crest can. LMBO

Isn't West Rowan the team that lines their D Lineman 2 yards back off the line of scrimmage to prevent getting chopped (I mean cut), and creates confusion for South Point's chopping (I mean blocking) scheme?

Isn't West Rowan the team that lines their D Lineman 2 yards back off the line of scrimmage to prevent getting chopped (I mean cut), and creates confusion for South Point's chopping (I mean blocking) scheme?

We only did that in 2008. We stopped doing that in 2013.

If you have a center that can wrestle the A gap defender to the ground (like Statesville) then you can take the SP D lineman out of their game (77, 78, 35) will get pissed and try to fight the center. That was obvious from Friday night. At times, they decided to try and scrap with the Statesville center instead of getting pancaked in place of tracking the ball and making a play. 35 does his best work against BIG lineman and can use his quickness against their bulk.

After watching some film and reviewing the roster, WR is a big team. Big O Line and Big D Line. Also have a couple of good athletes, but appear to be more of a pounding style versus speed. They come right at you with the big QB, Otto, running a lot. Did not see a lot of passing but he seemed to throw a pretty good ball when he did. Look for a bruising, tough game. Need Goo back to 100% to keep that big D line from keying on 32.

Yes. The coaches used that strategy in both 2008 & 2013. That team Just wasn't very good in 13' so it really didn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT