ADVERTISEMENT

WEST MONTGOMERY vs. east montgomery 12-2-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think they ever choked. I think they did the best they could every time they were there. Keep yapping that mouth and making yourself a clown. Have another drink and enjoy life. The Snap misses you.

I've only been in the snap for scholarships...to be honest.

This is 2 of the top 4 West Teams going into the Playoffs. There is going to be more notice from both Teams. Didn't Mt. Airy lose to East Surry?

Yes they did Bulldog follower. I was a bit surprised at that one. But Diamond is a top shelf coach. And it is a big rivalry. But to lose at home has to be tough for Miunt Airy. especially on Senior Night to East Surry. Probably a good thing for Granite Bears that there is an extra week off.

Yes they did Bulldog follower. I was a bit surprised at that one. But Diamond is a top shelf coach.
To me Mt. Airy losing to East Surry was a bigger surprise than than the WM v EM score ( and that was a shocker). EM destroyed E .Surry ( as well as Walkertown) in preseason jamborees . I know it was jamborees , but when you win by 5 or more scores in that short of time , it normally suggest huge differences in talent. WM has to be overwhelming favorite for the WEST region.

Unless Murphy or Mitchell are up I agree. But even with that Walkertown, East Surry, Mount Airy, Swain, East Wilkes will be tough outs. And on East Surry, like I said earlier, they may have been the best coached team I saw all of last season. Diamont is that good, so there is no doubt they have gotten significantly better.

And the West Montgomery staff - wow, what can you say. Those guys are becoming special what they are doing in Wadeville.

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
Not to promote another site, but Chris Hughes posted an awesome video on his site with some of Coach Eddins at work with his staff. Great stuff!

Unless Murphy or Mitchell are up I agree. But even with that Walkertown, East Surry, Mount Airy, Swain, East Wilkes will be tough outs. And on East Surry, like I said earlier, they may have been the best coached team I saw all of last season. Diamont is that good, so there is no doubt they have gotten significantly better.

And the West Montgomery staff - wow, what can you say. Those guys are becoming special what they are doing in Wadeville.
To lose what WM lost and to be even better this year? True testament to the job you speak of there Griddie.

Reactions: fireeagle25
Make sure you tell em91 he has a few things on here he needs to see. I know that he will duck and run and not answer up. You know him, tell him to man up. He was last seen on this site at 11:49 viewing this thread. Not man enough to show up and answer anything. Goes to show... He is who he is......
I made my comment at 11:15. You need to go back and read all the post.

Reactions: Sweaterfee
Ahhhh...you did. Sorry about that. My bad. Good luck moving forward. Nothing else to say because you know the deal. Everything that's been said came to be. em is, has and always will be West Montgomery's whipping boy. That was em's last shot at a Conference Title. Especially if the plan goes through to combine the two. Folks on the east side can't wait for that to happen. em was overhyped and way out of their league. Like I said em91, the only reason that was considered a rivalry game was because y'all are in the same county. Enjoy your first round game. It'll be your last.

Ahhhh...you did. Sorry about that. My bad. Good luck moving forward. Nothing else to say because you know the deal. Everything that's been said came to be. em is, has and always will be West Montgomery's whipping boy. That was em's last shot at a Conference Title. Especially if the plan goes through to combine the two. Folks on the east side can't wait for that to happen. em was overhyped and way out of their league. Like I said em91, the only reason that was considered a rivalry game was because y'all are in the same county. Enjoy your first round game. It'll be your last.
Congrats again to WM, I saw on another thread that you basically called EM a fraud and that they had nothing for MA or East Surry. Calling EM a fraud in some degree down grades what WM did last night. Ill tell you what Ill do, if EM and East Surry play in the playoffs this year, I will meet you in person at the Holy Grail ( Better Burger) and we can discuss the details of a significant wager and you can have E Surry. Good luck to WM and the rest of the YVC.

Reactions: EM91
Just watched the film of last night's rout of East by West. The Eagles were outplayed, out coached and out-everything. If there is any doubt who is the best quarterback in the conference, Dozier by a long shot. Watts may have the size and all the tools, but lacks what Dozier has, leadership. As far as offensive player of the year, it sure isn't McKinney. Maybe just give the award to the whole West offense. They're as balanced as any team I've seen in a long while.

West posted their stats on Maxpreps already. east probably burned the film! I think someone said McKinney had 8 carries less than 50 yards?? I'm sure the "sports editor" will have great coverage of the Warrior victory on Wednesday!!!

A few comments about the mighty eagle team and I'm done with them. It was very good to see the fans of the county turn out like they did. Nothing says those two schools can combine and be successful. Two different mindsets totally. Say what you want but it was as plane as the scoreboard. Many of the eagle posters on here have sounded off and spewed venom just as I have and had they won I'd have been on here and taken my medicine and not run off and hid. If the two meet again in the playoffs, doubtful, but if they do I won't be on here to discuss it. When the changeover to the new format occurs I will officially be retiring. So sweater, em91, emblue and the rest of the eagle faithful, here is one last dig. Your entire football program's hopes and aspirations to win a meaningful football game was at stake last night. On one of the biggest stages in all of North Carolina. A chance to finally win a game that mattered. A game that would give you the 2nd or 3rd Conference Championship in your school's history. A game that would make you 11-0 for the first time ever. A game that would put you as the #1 overall seed in the playoffs and give you home field throughout the playoffs. With all the eyes of the county and many around the state of NC on you this was your time to finally reach equal ground with West Montgomery if only for a season. How did you handle it? You came on the field, strutting around, cocky and a little over confident. You played to your standards. You read your press clippings. You were outcoached, outplayed, outhustled and most of all didn't have the testicular fortitude it takes to be CHAMPIONS. These two will never meet again in a conference title showdown if the two combine. So last night was the Super Bowl for east montgomery. One last chance to take a win from the Warriors. Enjoy the playoffs and if we meet again during them I don't see the outcome being as lopsided but I don't expect east will have any more success with their powerful two offensive juggernauts at the helm. That is all I have to say and I welcome any and all comments from the buzzards nest. I may or may not respond. No need to. I've said all that matters. In my best Rainman voice......41-15.

Total domination, very impressed this being the 1st time seeing WM in person . ( regular season) EM is much better than they showed obviously, they can never compete with a team like WM while giving away 4 turnovers on special teams alone. Anyway congratulations again .
I didnt run and hide after the game, as the above post shows. I never once said a disparaging word against WM, I essentially said EM would have to play a near perfect game to win ( which they obviously did the opposite ) I do find it odd that you basically called EM a fraud on another thread , which minimizes what WM did last night if EM is a fraud. The offer stands if E.Surry ( which you said could "handle that joke of a team from Biscoe") and EM meet in the playoffs , we can meet in person at the Better Burger and discuss a "significant wager" on the game. Your one last chance to stick it to a "buzzard" before retiring and riding off into the sunset.

East Surry will give EM all they want brother.
Should be an easy decision for BD and the Better Burger crew ( in case they need to pool their resources):) I eagerly await the chance to wager on my "joke of a team". We will see when possible next week when brackets are released.

Nobody ran away. As soon as I had access I came on this site an posted! What an idiot you are Rainman! Retire is the best thing you could ever do. But Im not sure you are retiring or just retiring the name BD. Ive seen you take credit for every win WM has ever had and you essentially tried to take credit for the majority of the wins EM has over WM. What a joke you are for bringing Jerry Daniels into one of your lunatic post. He may of been your friend(he was everyones friend) but I can tell you now he would of set you straight on how you have degraded the people of this county. You keep on thinking you are superior to every person that lives on the East side of the county. I can tell you now you have a lonely road ahead if you don't change your way of thinking.

Good morning legal eagle. Glad to see you back around. I'm sure cancelling the victory parade took some of your time. I have never took credit for one single WM win. Not on here or anywhere else for that matter. You wanted to discuss the game and I gave you my prognostication on what it would take for West Montgomery to defeat the vaunted 2A east montgomery buzzards and their high powered offensive juggernaut of a team. Pretty much what every arm chair QB in America does. You did too. You said that WM was pretty much the Jackson and Joe show....Well...how'd that work out for your team? Never insulted anyone from the east side of the county. I just said it was two different mindsets between the two sides. If you want to discuss insults I believe what you stated about east having 100+ more students could be interpreted in a very negative light if you want to know the truth. So before you go chunking stones there big guy you may want to pump them brakes. As far as the lonely road goes, that was 24/27 to Biscoe on Friday night!!!!!!

Oh no BD, that road included Old Candor Road, Okeewemee over to Star and Ether, however you want to get to Ex-way, Windblow and the likes. There was no joy in Eagleville. No parades, no sign painting at the Candor filling station, no peach preserve, pie, or home made ice cream making. Just more young Eaglettes out playing in the sandy soil of that side of the river after being baptized with the lesson of their birth right by the mountain side on Friday night at what was the Massacre in Montgomery

Where did anyone bring Jerry into the conversation? Everyone loved him and he was the Jimmy Johnson of MOCO. He could motivate like no other and had the knack of drawing something up that would work even when outmanned. Really the Swain game was the one EM had, but Shuler returning the kickoff was the difference maker and he was a decent player lol.

When is EM going to post their Fri nite stats on maxpreps? They are posted for every game but this one .

I made the comment that east montgomery's glory days were led by an alumnus of West Montgomery High School. You have to take em91 with a grain of salt. He takes the words spoken or written and spins them into what he wants them to mean. Heck, he's a politician. What do you expect? If they aren't on there by now they probably won't be. I'm sure the "sports editor" will bury this game in the back of the sports section and lead with the soccer playoff victory and definitely I will be surprised if he includes statistics. I am interested also in seeing the stats from the game. I'm guessing if the 65 yard chuck and duck pass was subtracted that high powered offense didn't net 100 yards.

Ahhh, I see. Jerry was proud of West Montgomery for sure, was the Warrior mascot on the horse his final year. Also proud of what he built at East Montgomery. I do think he would have returned to West Montgomery as the head coach. Almost certain.

I don't think a soul standing today that knew him doubts the fact that West Montgomery was where he would still be today. When they fell upon hard times he would have jumped on that job and taken it in a second.

I don't think a soul standing today that knew him doubts the fact that West Montgomery was where he would still be today. When they fell upon hard times he would have jumped on that job and taken it in a second.
Ok Griddie and Bd, when you guys stop rubbing each other, decide how much you guys are willing to escrow on East Surry if they meet EM in the playoffs. Assuming no key injuries on either side , Ill give my part of the "prize" to Bobby Kearns or Max Harris to hold , AGAIN , let me know when you want to meet and discuss details on the game ( if it happens)

Well since you are in such an all fired hurry to make a wager and so sure your eagle team will be around a good while let's just make one on round two between West Montgomery and east montgomery. Yeah, I said your team wouldn't get past East Surry. Still don't think they will but the odds of them playing are slim to none according to Simmons. However, Simmons has the eagles and Warriors lined up for a rematch if West Montgomery can win out and east can handle their business, which I doubt. Now, you have a dog in the fight with your team. You've been begging to make a bet. Now let's go big boy. Name your price. If West Montgomery and east montgomery play again I'll gladly take any bet you are willing to make. Straight up head to head. You have enough faith in your team, coaching staff and fan base not to back down from that don't you?

Well since you are in such an all fired hurry to make a wager and so sure your eagle team will be around a good while let's just make one on round two between West Montgomery and east montgomery. Yeah, I said your team wouldn't get past East Surry. Still don't think they will but the odds of them playing are slim to none according to Simmons. However, Simmons has the eagles and Warriors lined up for a rematch if West Montgomery can win out and east can handle their business, which I doubt. Now, you have a dog in the fight with your team. You've been begging to make a bet. Now let's go big boy. Name your price. If West Montgomery and east montgomery play again I'll gladly take any bet you are willing to make. Straight up head to head. You have enough faith in your team, coaching staff and fan base not to back down from that don't you?
LOL, lets take it one step at a time, we will start with East Surry ( which you said would handle EM, Ive never said EM would handle WM) SOOO little boy. Lets go with who you said would handle "joke of a team " EM , East Surry, how much do you want to dip into your grandmas retirement and risk on the team from Pilot Mountain?

This is how it works in real life, someone says something and someone takes you up on it. You said E Surry would handle EM, I disagree and call your punk butt out. Then you come back with a better team (WM). I have a tip for you, dont talk smack to the SWEATER , because I deal in REAL life and facts. If you want to deal with rainbows and unicorns talk to Griddie as yall stare up into the sky with 20 oz of lotion a piece .

Reactions: coldpuppies
Man I wish to God I could have seen what Jerry would have done at WM.

Geez due you are very confident that EM is going to roll East Surry. Sorry I just don't see it. They are well coached and will give EM a challenge.

Politician BD? Hell Im as far from being a politician as I can be! You can look at my picture with my 4 kids and tell who I am. Better yet you can cross reference Carolina preps when I called you out a year ago on one of your slanderous rants and told you my uncle was the baseball coach when WM won there conference championship. Speaking of him, that's another one that would of set you straight on this EM/WM crap you spew all the time. Another thing, make the bet with the man. Griddie, no one takes u serious. Your like the little brother in the background encouraging BD to continue with his stupidity.

I hope you understand what Im saying if not here is an example , someone ( you) says Elon will beat UNC , and someone says ok I dont think they will, lets bet. Then you say , I think Alabama will beat UNC. What happen to your boys (Elon)? I have another tip , WM is great , but they are a big fish in a small pond, so watch your mouth , a shark may be listening.

Last edited:
Man I wish to God I could have seen what Jerry would have done at WM.

Geez due you are very confident that EM is going to roll East Surry. Sorry I just don't see it. They are well coached and will give EM a challenge.
Im sure they are a formidable opponent and I know they are super coached, but Im willing to take my chances with the Eagles. I would have never brought this up if BD would not have in the "MA is a fraud" thread.

You guys (bd and griddie) ARE A JOKE!! Looking at this sight one would think you know all. Jerry Daniels was a friend of mine and I KNOW for a FACT after he retired, he had no interest in coaching again!!! PERIOD!!!

Reactions: Sweaterfee
You guys (bd and griddie) ARE A JOKE!! Looking at this sight one would think you know all. Jerry Daniels was a friend of mine and I KNOW for a FACT after he retired, he had no interest in coaching again!!! PERIOD!!!
10000% correct. He went to "work" at Troy Lumber. He was one of my best coaches and a great human, he was never going back to WM or anywhere else.

Last edited:
Listening to those clowns one would think the YVC was the SEC or ACC. It is what it is, the lowest level of HS football. Most coaches retire, they enjoy their afternoons doing something besides baby sitting 15 players, while coaching the rest.

You are an ----/, fill in the blanks from a non wm/EM person!
West posted their stats on Maxpreps already. east probably burned the film! I think someone said McKinney had 8 carries less than 50 yards?? I'm sure the "sports editor" will have great coverage of the Warrior victory on Wednesday!!!

A few comments about the mighty eagle team and I'm done with them. It was very good to see the fans of the county turn out like they did. Nothing says those two schools can combine and be successful. Two different mindsets totally. Say what you want but it was as plane as the scoreboard. Many of the eagle posters on here have sounded off and spewed venom just as I have and had they won I'd have been on here and taken my medicine and not run off and hid. If the two meet again in the playoffs, doubtful, but if they do I won't be on here to discuss it. When the changeover to the new format occurs I will officially be retiring. So sweater, em91, emblue and the rest of the eagle faithful, here is one last dig. Your entire football program's hopes and aspirations to win a meaningful football game was at stake last night. On one of the biggest stages in all of North Carolina. A chance to finally win a game that mattered. A game that would give you the 2nd or 3rd Conference Championship in your school's history. A game that would make you 11-0 for the first time ever. A game that would put you as the #1 overall seed in the playoffs and give you home field throughout the playoffs. With all the eyes of the county and many around the state of NC on you this was your time to finally reach equal ground with West Montgomery if only for a season. How did you handle it? You came on the field, strutting around, cocky and a little over confident. You played to your standards. You read your press clippings. You were outcoached, outplayed, outhustled and most of all didn't have the testicular fortitude it takes to be CHAMPIONS. These two will never meet again in a conference title showdown if the two combine. So last night was the Super Bowl for east montgomery. One last chance to take a win from the Warriors. Enjoy the playoffs and if we meet again during them I don't see the outcome being as lopsided but I don't expect east will have any more success with their powerful two offensive juggernauts at the helm. That is all I have to say and I welcome any and all comments from the buzzards nest. I may or may not respond. No need to. I've said all that matters. In my best Rainman voice......41-15.
are

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT