ADVERTISEMENT

WEST MONTGOMERY vs. east montgomery 12-2-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50-7 3rd qtr. Running clock. I mean I didn't expect this. Whipping boy or not I don't feel like East is a bad team. This is just the big brother picking on the little brother mental beat down.

Boy I sure thought they were better than this.... Running clock in 4th qtr for championship! D1 my butt!

Well..... you'll not see more disappointed fans this side of Cleveland if you take a look and view the crowd here tonight. If that didn't solidify the fact that West by God Montgomery owns the buzzards I don't know what will. Give me a minute and I'm going to go back, check a few posts and make sure that em91 has his crow for breakfast.

Not interested in what WM has "got." Here is a scenario for you so maybe you can start to learn how to talk about the game. Obviously EM has a strength at the offensive line. So what if EM comes out and pounds the ball 3-5 yards a clip and has time consuming drives. How does WMs team which is obviously explosive react to a slowed down pace? Also, does WM have multiple skill players going both ways and if so how does this pace affect them on offense if they spend more time than usual on defense.

EM91...you may want to sit back and take notes on this...

Nothing about em's defense says they can stop WM's offense. WM has multiple skill players. The pace will not affect them.

Here's the answer to your "scenario." The defense answers the call to the same three plays that em runs with McKinney. The slowed down pace doesn't produce a TD. Forced to punt...we all know how great the em special teams are...... And, if Watts cant find a middle receiver he continues to get frustrated. West has a pretty decent secondary this year. I'tm sure one of the two will get frustrated when they can't get yardage. Quite possibly helmets being thrown on the sidelines.

You question the offense and you have on several occasions. What is the em defense that gave up 34 points to North Moore going to do to stop West Montgomery's offense?

I'm sure you are going to say that was the third, fourth, fifth string.... bottom line there will be a game played next Friday night.

Game week starts today. Tic tock buzzards......tic tock. Two weeks to talk about the game has produced some interesting banter. My prediction on the game is West Montgomery 42 em 28. West Montgomery's defense finds away to shut down the outside passing game of em, contains McKinney as much as possible and em doesn't have a proven option behind him that is a game changer. West Montgomery does what West Montgomery does. Score the football in numerous ways. Special teams, defense and with a balanced offensive attack that keeps the buzzards guessing throughout the game. No one on here has approached the coaching match up I don't believe. While Hammer at east is a fine coach and has done good things he's not got the experience or stability on his staff that the Warriors do. The obvious advantage to the coaching battle goes to the Warriors by a landslide. Before some of the snarky comments from the buzzard faithful fly I know the coaches aren't playing in the game. But they are the ones controlling the plays and making the decisions.

Enough about the actual game.... with all the hype, the top five ranking and with what's on the line for em if they lose to West Montgomery Friday night that loss will have to hurt the buzzards as much as any of the previous 40 defeats!! Not to mention after a first round cakewalk in the playoffs it'll be interesting to see how the buzzards bounce back from such an emotional draining defeat. Not that it should surprise them....it's a birthright for living on that side of the county!!!

I think that the development of WM's linebackers, getting healthy on the D line and the emergence of the secondary will certainly make it difficult for the buzzards. West Montgomery's defense also is one of the best in shape in 1AA. Look at the time of possession in every single game. West's offense scores fast and that leaves the defense on the field for a majority of the game. So the theory of ground and pound and wear out the Warriors defense is just that. A theory. If West is scoring every time they touch the ball and the only answer the buzzards have is to feed McKinney all night they can chalk up loss number 41. They have to get creative in order to win. West Montgomery needs to do only what they have done for the last ten years. Play Warrior football. The one thing that concerns me is how and when the flags will fly. Hopefully it will be game played by the kids and not the clowns in the striped shirts.

Looking forward to hearing em91 answer this. He has quite a few "quotes" to answer to. That ground and pound didn't work. Ol' BD may not be a legal eagle but I know some football. And he can call me rainman all he wants to. I can call it 41-15. Hell, my only question is had it not been for one of the greatest individuals I ever had to chance to meet, call my friend, deer hunt with and fellow alum what would the record be? Know your role em91. Know your role. To the victors go the spoils. Enjoy the ride over that bridge and know that the ONLY chance that em ever had to one up West Montgomery in the biggest game in the history of their school ended in a 50-7 ass kicking. Nothing you can say, try to say or want to say will make that change. If you are a man of your word you'll be here to answer with hat in your hand and finally admit that West Montgomery is the better program. Always has been, always will. That's why you and your minions want to combine the two.

That has to be a looooong ride back to biscoe only to be greeted by a big bunch of red and black balloons in the middle of the highway coming into biscoe

Oh yeah em91... RUNNING CLOCK... em is CC, SD, NM and SS...only reason y'all have ever been a "rival" is because you are in the same county.

Reactions: Biggdw
BTW... Mt. Airy, EW both lost. And Clinton beat WRH.... WM goes into the playoffs overall STATEWIDE #1

I've heard rumors that McKinney was held to only 54 yards (unofficially ofcourse) West Montgomery was as fired up and mean as I've ever seen them! That was a very impressive display tonight! They shut down everything EM had to offer!

Reactions: cemc63
Yep. It looks like WM will have the overall #1 seed and home field through out. Just need to keep the focus on the goal!

East got lost in the big moment. West has been on the big stage. West D closed fast and was physical. East D had trouble making plays.

Tip my hat to my bud, Nick Eddins. Great coaching staff although I heard someone by the concession saying they were terrible and could only win on talent. There is a reason he is a hit target every year for big time jobs.

The coach at East has did a tremendous job. Will be better next year but playing 2A will be a tougher road.

Great atmosphere. Walking through the stands! Classic small town football! Good luck to both teams.

no excuses here, EM played like a CC or SD tonight. The better team won and Im man enough to say it. I don't have any quotes to answer to BD. I gave you a scenario and that was it. To me it didn't look like a we tried to pound it on the ground. Looked like we were stuck on passing the whole night. Not sure this is correct but I have heard #2 got 8 carries. If that is so not sure why.

No disrespect but last year he was nonexistent in second half not sure why but I assume he doesn't like playing west.... If you want to be big time then you have to do it in big games not against cc, sd, and ss...

Hard call on the greatest one ever. There have been many great ones, but not really a Robert Siler or Tony Goss type. Possibly due to the offenses which were more team oriented. ]

Tough to compare many to those two!
I have seen the very best in this state for nearly thirty years but these two remain on the list. Goss goes back to the 1983 season and did it ALL! Siler was better in football than basketball where he stood out for Wake Forest.

Unofficially it was the absolute lowest he's had in conference play, ever.......Maybe em91 was calling the plays from the courthouse. Look at the conversations he and I had from a week ago. Says it all.

Yes, WM will be the #1 overall seed. Means nothing. New season. Last year's egg to Walkertown in the fourth quarter should make this team wake the hell up. Beating a lame duck em team that had no fight after getting scored on doesn't prepare them for the playoffs. em has always laid down once they are down. No fight in them except internally. Just because em was a paper #2 team, 10-0, blah blah, blah, won't make State when you play teams that are used to being in the playoffs. West Montgomery needs to focus and make sure they don't get the big head like last year's team. Two weeks till first round. Check the egos and make it count in December.

I was just checking the results for that conference BD. Seems to be a 3-way tie. Mount Airy beat Walkertown. Walkertown beat East Surry. East Surry beat Mount Airy. Looks like a coin flip for conference champ?

That's a hell of a conference tie. The coin flip is BS. With EW getting beat that could put them as a 4-5.... West better get ready for a hell of a second round. I'm guessing the MW will get the shaft on this one.

Just nasty. I can't believe how much that WM defense has improved. What an atmosphere. Just an old fashioned Chickin Pickin.
Total domination, very impressed this being the 1st time seeing WM in person . ( regular season) EM is much better than they showed obviously, they can never compete with a team like WM while giving away 4 turnovers on special teams alone. Anyway congratulations again .

Total domination, very impressed this being the 1st time seeing WM in person . ( regular season) EM is much better than they showed obviously, they can never compete with a team like WM while giving away 4 turnovers on special teams alone. Anyway congratulations again .

Make sure you tell em91 he has a few things on here he needs to see. I know that he will duck and run and not answer up. You know him, tell him to man up. He was last seen on this site at 11:49 viewing this thread. Not man enough to show up and answer anything. Goes to show... He is who he is......

Last edited:
Nope, don't wanna be a jinx once they choke again...

Don't think they ever choked. I think they did the best they could every time they were there. Keep yapping that mouth and making yourself a clown. Have another drink and enjoy life. The Snap misses you.

Class act Sweaterfee. EM will rebound and be ready for the playoffs. This was as focused as I have seen WM in a long time. All phases were clicking. Got to keep that focus for a few more weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT