ADVERTISEMENT

West Forsyth @ Davie

DC_PRIDE_2010

Aug 23, 2014
Not much to talk about here wish I could give some heat and say we gonna stomp West but I'm not. Davie traditional plays West good at home. I'll never pick against Davie.

Maybe some lucky will fall instead of rain in Davie friday night

15 14 Davie...

This one will be over in 1st quarter hope I'm wrong though. WF 45 DC 18 with two scores late to make it not look as bad as it was.

DC 15
WF 7

DC looks different tonight!!! WF looks as if it's looking past davie. History shows DC at home againt WF always close

DAVIE gets ball after half

West wins but davie coaching staff suxs loses the game. DC put played west but with bad coaching and bad calls we lose. WHAT'S NEW ANYONE AGREE!!!

Agree 100%. Horrible play calling in the red zone and pathetic clock management at the end. Why they continued to try to throw the ball in the middle of the field in the 2nd half is beyond me. I guess the first two interceptions weren't enough proof that it was a terrible idea. And our DBS never turn around to look for the ball. Awful in every aspect on the sideline.

Coaches failed to put guys in right position on defense. I said it all night double team 18. We shut him down at qb shut him down at rb then they put him at WR and it's like coaches never got play call in and he was wide open. I don't blame the ints on the qb bc hell we drive the ball 80 yards each time at 6 mins at a time and they were tired. Call a time out let them reset and punch the ball in. Down 14 right there with 3 to go with 2 timeouts on the 18 yard and going to run the ball come on now and then call a double reverse get that out here dumbest stuff I've ever seen. There was no reason we shouldn't had scored and had at least a onside try and or kick off and try and hold them to get ball back one more time.

Oh well I set my self up every week to go watch the same Ole same. Hats off to the DC players for fighting. Best game all around for them kids.

There were at least 5 plays in the 2nd half where our defenders weren't even lined up against their receivers. And as usual, no aggressive play calls on defense in the 2nd half. The short passes and screens worked all night, but for some reason as soon as we got close to the red zone, it was right back to calling deep passes again. West blitzed untouched off the edge all night. Obvious to see what was coming, but no adjustments were made to prevent it. And to leave 2 timeouts unused when we were driving at the end of the game is inexcusable. Hats off to west's defense for making the big plays to win, but they never should have gotten the chance.

DC Pride and DC 97 I saw the same things. So frustrating. The boys played their hearts out. While WF has more athletes, it was DCs game to lose. No excuse for the bad play calling and the lack of adjustments on both sides of the ball. I can tell you that I've talked to a couple of player's dads and they have no faith in this coaching staff. A complete coaching change needs to happen now. The disruption will be worth it in the long run! But with the good ole boy network in place I doubt any changes will happen.

Reactions: DC 1997
DC Pride and DC 97 I saw the same things. So frustrating. The boys played their hearts out. While WF has more athletes, it was DCs game to lose. No excuse for the bad play calling and the lack of adjustments on both sides of the ball. I can tell you that I've talked to a couple of player's dads and they have no faith in this coaching staff. A complete coaching change needs to happen now. The disruption will be worth it in the long run! But with the good ole boy network in place I doubt any changes will happen.

We had 4 turnovers to WF's zero. I thought the men played their best game of the year last night! I saw a different intensity last night - hope that continues

Daviekid. I'll be wearing a black adidas visor next friday night at ND if you wanna talk football then come on.

Daviekid. I'll be wearing a black adidas visor next friday night at ND if you wanna talk football then come on.

Lol!,

Pride 2010, I can talk football anytime. If you do not wish to wait until next Friday, I can talk football anytime you would like. PM me and I will arrange the meeting.

Facts are hard to argue but a meeting would be welcomed.

Anyone with any background in football can look and see that these coaches are 100 percent the problem. If someone can't see that they're in denial plain and simple. The coaching is just straight up AWFUL!

It's funny daviekid. Im not the only one on here who thinks the same thing. Nor do I know these guys/girls that are posting on here but obviously they go to the games and see what I see. I may know them and they may know me but on here can't see faces. But my point is there is alot of people out theRe that thinks the same and it's not just bc we hate the coaches noo. It's just the simple fact it's time to clean house and bring in new blood to restore what once was a NC powerhouse. Trust me I was the ball boy for the cooter. McNeil. d block. rice. Randolph and so many others error at davie. Not only that but my brother played and so did I. The hype is gone. I know these coaches good but it's time they hang it up. The atmosphere is gone and to be simple the whole thing is gone.

It's time to bring in some new faces and new style to restore the overall number 1 sport in DC and bring back to crowd on Friday nights.

Yes football and high school takes its ups and downs with talent ever year but there is talent out there on the field each week and ever year at DC but you just got to know how to use it and keep things going every year. Look at other coaches in cpc running multiple formations and multiple plays out of them don't answer with will look at who's on the team no its hey look at the coaches teaching all the young men football and having faith in there system and stuff.

Another thing I mean who runs Shotgun on the 1/2 yard line in High School Football? Davie and it doesn't work. I mean how hard is it to teach kids a I formation play for them situations? Not hard at all. It's called bring 52 into full back and have 24 8 5 26 tailback and slam the ball down a hole. But no let's line up 7 yards behind line of scrimmage and give defense a head start to get thru the liNE to tackle us for a loss.

Anyways enough said all I can say is alot of fans want a change and want it fast. We're losing talent and kids due to this. Hurting the school and community (note this isn't just losing Cade either). Kinda glad the kid transfered bc he knows what a team is now and instead of him getting the ball all the time and other teams spying and shutting him down he can enjoy playing all around.

Thanks for the rant ball boy! You guys have fun on here taking jabs at the coaches. I'm done with this second grade stuff! Ball boy! Lmao!

Thanks for the rant ball boy! You guys have fun on here taking jabs at the coaches. I'm done with this second grade stuff! Ball boy! Lmao!
You need to grow up a bit no need to take jabs just because 2010 is speaking the truth. I'm not sure who you are but you are taking it to personal bout the coaches. We just want better for the kids and the county.

It depends what kind of personnel you got on offense. Spread offense does work with certain kind of players. Yes, most of the time you are right about doing simple play on 1/2 yd line from goal (?) that will work pretty much most of the time in any level. I never care for spread offense but I do see why it works really well since it is very hard to stop with right personnel. It does sound like Davie County has a long long year and it will not improve until coaches being replaced? or they have to understand they don't have right kind of players for that offense.

Well I thought I was talking to adults but it appears it is a bunch of young fellows with no knowledge. Sorry for responding. Good luck keyboard bandits!

Just a former player who respected his coaches and was raised that way. Sorry you guys have a different opinion. Oh well, you guys have fun.

Let me rewind this highlight this for you daviekid. I never said I didn't have respect for these coaches. As former player myself and being around these coaches all my life and seeing them coach at there prime I do believe it's time they step aside to let someone else come in and bring new life in Davie County Football.

Spread offense doesn't work week in week out in CPC play. Now if they put in multiple formations with I formation and spread and mix things up then all this may be a different story. But when you run the same old crap week in week out and make the same mistakes as coaches week in week out then it's time for you to step down or step aside. I mean you sound like these coaches with your talk. Settle for less is the theme now a days around Davie Football and that's what your applying.

Tell me friday after 18 scored his second receving touchdown you wouldn't assign your best DB or someone to just 18 and say play this cat man. Instead having the whole defensive standing almost in a huddle and west snapping the ball before the DB got over to 18 and by time he realizes 18 30 yards down field catching another pass. Come on man you obviously don't know much about football.

Just because people criticize these coaches doesn't mean we dislike them as human beings. Personally, I think coach Holman is a wonderful human being and a terrific asset to the school and community. It's the absolute refusal to admit that things aren't working that has everyone upset. And this didn't begin this season. Some of these problems were here when Illing was the coach. We just had enough talent to overcome them. It's sad that I can sit in the stands and call exactly what Davie is going to do before they do it. And simple things like special teams that have been ignored for years. I can't count the number of return TDs we've allowed the last 3 years. Or how many kicks we've had blocked. It's maddening to watch. Davie has one victory over a team with a winning record in the last 3 years. And that was a 2A school.

Reactions: jmystery
Just a former player who respected his coaches and was raised that way. Sorry you guys have a different opinion. Oh well, you guys have fun.
No one is disrespecting the coaches. Just plain calling it how we see it. Look at any program, High School, college, pros. When a coach can't win, they replace them. Nothing personal here. But I guess you are a card carrying member of the good ole' boy club.

We had 4 turnovers to WF's zero. I thought the men played their best game of the year last night! I saw a different intensity last night - hope that continues
stating the obvious. Kids did play their hearts out. Turnovers were a result of poor play calling and lack of proper adjustments. Period.

I tell you what is a shame is that you are blasting the coaches. There was a reason that Illing left he saw the talent pool and what was coming down the pike and he cashed in and left. If there was going to be all this great talent I think he stays but that was not the case Davie does not have what they once had. I do not know what Davie County coaches are doing during practice but I do know that they are spending time away from their families to coach and i am sure they are being paid peanuts to do so. Also it is easy for some one using a screen name to criticize coaches if you know it all apply and help the guy out if not support the kids and coaches.

I tell you what is a shame is that you are blasting the coaches. There was a reason that Illing left he saw the talent pool and what was coming down the pike and he cashed in and left. If there was going to be all this great talent I think he stays but that was not the case Davie does not have what they once had. I do not know what Davie County coaches are doing during practice but I do know that they are spending time away from their families to coach and i am sure they are being paid peanuts to do so. Also it is easy for some one using a screen name to criticize coaches if you know it all apply and help the guy out if not support the kids and coaches.

+100

Reactions: sammyk
Not looking to get shot here, but it appears that the majority want a complete coaching overhaul. I am not weighing in on should they or shouldn't they. I just want to know in most counties the days are over in replacing the entire coaching staff, at best new head coach might get one new guy on staff. Is it possible to replace the majority of the staff in Davie County. Is there that much turnover with teachers in the county?

I'm not really close to the program but was told that when Illing left that DC had coaches from all over applying for the HC job. I'm no expert and do not claim to be but I know enough and if you guys that think DC problems are not coaching you all are blind. I've even heard that a lot of players are not even going out for football just so they don't have to play for this staff let alone the ones transferring out. I love coach Holman but a change needs to be made NOW!

Just to be clear I guess you are saying that:
We are not allowed an opinion of the coaches. Or are we just not allowed to criticize the coaches of Davie County? How shameful of me.
We should all use our real names as our screen names before posting? Please tell me your not teaching our kids internet safety. Seriously.
Davie doesn't have talent in the county. Carney, Launius, Boyles, Reynolds, etc... well OK?! btw, dig a little deeper and find out the real reason we lost Carney & Launius.
Davie can't get any better coaches because of coaching pay. btw, Illing left because the pay was better and he wanted to back in SC. and Yes... teachers are paid better there. But that's another issue.

I heard Carney's dad was the biggest problem I guess money can buy you some things. But anyway it is easy to sit behind a computer and talk, like I said apply make a difference if not you are nothing more than a hot dog eating loudmouth

Not looking to get shot here, but it appears that the majority want a complete coaching overhaul. I am not weighing in on should they or shouldn't they. I just want to know in most counties the days are over in replacing the entire coaching staff, at best new head coach might get one new guy on staff. Is it possible to replace the majority of the staff in Davie County. Is there that much turnover with teachers in the county?
Davie County is experiencing it's fair share of teacher turnover. In fact they are projecting a teacher shortage over the next 5 years and beyond due to teacher pay and retirement changes. That's a statewide issue as you may be aware and maybe it's drying up the teacher/coach talent pool here in DC. Not sure. I'm not even sure the Davie ever really went through the interviewing process for a new head coach when Illing left. I will say that I'm consistently hearing from the locals in the county that have been around the program for years is that Holman is a good person, loves the kids and was a good defensive coach. I don't doubt that in the least. I'm also hearing that his coaching staff has a several unqualified coaches on staff. Maybe the best move is to bring in a new head coach, move Holman back to Defense and reshuffle the assistants. The consensus in the stands where I sit and the people I talk to is that there needs to be some sort of change. However, Davie is a small county with one high school and many fans have strong ties with these coaches. So I'm not sure how much if any change they want to see. Davie is a young team with lots of young talent. But we've lost some very good older talent due to the coaching, specifically with Carney & Launius moving to Davidson Day. We have 1800+ kids at the HS, competitive middle school football teams, and a very organized youth FB organization so talent shouldn't be an issue every year. There's something else going on here.

I heard Carney's dad was the biggest problem I guess money can buy you some things. But anyway it is easy to sit behind a computer and talk, like I said apply make a difference if not you are nothing more than a hot dog eating loudmouth
I personally know Carl Carney and I can say that he's one of the finest people I know. He was a fantastic youth football coach, a good Christian man, and a very good father. He's a very well liked by the people that actually know him. Criticizing him for his success and me for my opinion, I now know exactly the type of person you are. Enjoy your hot dog.

Ouch touche' a nerve has been struck. See you around Captain and don't feed me that he's a I am a Christian crap, some of the biggest idiots I know hide behind that shield. Oh and how do you like the critical views now??? Not so fun is it , having people say things about you or people you may know. So thank you for proving my point, lesson learned and that one was free.

Last edited:
SammyK where have you been this whole time??? Its funny how many of us agree and two people dont.. Come on man looks like we are hitting a nerve of yalls.. Another thing you gotta know someone who knows someone to get on the coaching staff..

Speaking about Talent. So the excuse now is we have no talent so thats a free pass for the coaches. I dont think so.. When we and other teams know what DC is going to do friday night after friday night with no change or adjust then that falls on coaches..

So another question is SammyK if you were coaching and you didnt have talent you would just give up and do less and make things simple as a coach??

With Davie County Football as big as it is and the number 1 revenue in the high school your telling me we can just sit and watch the horrible game plans and adjustments..

Step back to Illing leaving. He done his time here in NC and now he is drawing double money working in SC.. As a human being if we had D1 prospects following in the man would had left anyways.. Just take a look at his record this year 1-6. You think he went down there because we didnt have talent. He is in the same position down there as we are. BUT his fight for his kids is a lot stronger and he continues to coach week in week out down there. Plus he is running a I formation and using his players strengths and different game plans to give his guys a chance..

Let me clear one thing up as well. As we have stated this isnt personal with coaches as we all of them beside the fact as coaches and many have played for these coaches.. I have played for them from South Davie and thru Davie. I been around them since little league. Its time for a new system and new set of guys.. Just like anywhere else if the program continues to slide you gotta find away to rejoice it and try to make a turn around. If not DC will be looking like are opponents on Friday nights with a max of 50 people if that in the stands and the money will slide as well in the football program.

Ouch touche' a nerve has been struck. See you around Captain and don't feed me that he's a I am a Christian crap, some of the biggest idiots I know hide behind that shield. Oh and how do you like the critical views now??? Not so fun is it , having people say things about you or people you may know. So thank you for proving my point, lesson learned and that one was free.

LOL, No nerve struck here, so please don't give yourself that much credit. As far as a free lesson from you, again you give yourself way too much credit. We pay to see these games and thus the coaches are open to criticism based on their performance. That's not going to change. That comes with the job. So when they start working for free I won't express my opinion. My criticism of the coaches has been based on first hand observations of their on field coaching performance. The fact that we've lost talented players is a further indication of both on and off the field performance. I defend Mr. Carney because I know the facts as to what was going on last year and respect Cade's decision to leave. Yes, it was Cade's decision, not his father's. And just because he can afford to send his son to DD doesn't make him a trouble maker. In fact by sending Cade to DD, he's become less of a standout as he was at DC. Plus Cade already committed to Wake before ever playing a single game for DD so money isn't buying him anything other than his son playing for a well coached program for one year. So please instead of looking at the symptoms, you should start looking at the real problem. And lack of talent isn't it. Have a good day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT