ADVERTISEMENT

West Craven VS Nash Central

I've watched both teams play this year, West Craven played the #1 seed in 3A to a one score game, Nash Central beat Southwest Edgecombe the #3 seed in 2A with ease. I think Nash Central will come away with a victory Friday night.

Reactions: WrhDog448
Otis, I got your 🦅 29-28
I hope you are right. But boy what a dilemma I have. I need to go back to Arkansas and watch my cousin who is in the playoffs again. He is a senior this year. He has played in the State Championship game all 3 years going on #4 this year. Won in his freshman year ( he started) and lost the last 2. They are a private school so in Arkansas if you are a private school and go the Championship game they move you up a classification the following year. That is why they lost the last 2. But they still played their way into the game. They are 5A or 6A this year. I’m really looking at going back next weekend. So if we do advance I would miss the 3 rd round game.

I hope you are right. But boy what a dilemma I have. I need to go back to Arkansas and watch my cousin who is in the playoffs again. He is a senior this year. He has played in the State Championship game all 3 years going on #4 this year. Won in his freshman year ( he started) and lost the last 2. They are a private school so in Arkansas if you are a private school and go the Championship game they move you up a classification the following year. That is why they lost the last 2. But they still played their way into the game. They are 5A or 6A this year. I’m really looking at going back next weekend. So if we do advance I would miss the 3 rd round game.
Mercy, that is a dilemma

Nash Central smoked us.
We beat West Craven.
Transitive properties dictate that Nash Central wins this one easily, right? Lol.
Our game vs NC was in week 2. I'd love to play them now. But seriously, NC lost to two 1 loss teams(Southern Nash, Northern Nash). NN is the defending 3A Eastern champ, and they have what it takes to repeat. And SN is the team that gave NN their only loss of the year. They themselves have what it takes to represent the east this year. Sad thing is, those two 1 loss teams that beat Nash Central play each other again this week in the second round. I think they are both in the top 3 of the 3A East. But the losses that West Craven suffered were at the hands of awesome teams too. Both are 5-1 in their last 6, but the 6 for WC have been way better than the 6 for NC. On a neutral field, I think it'd be a never ending tie, but I'm gonna give home field 1 point for the win.

Last edited:
Nash Central smoked us.
We beat West Craven.
Transitive properties dictate that Nash Central wins this one easily, right? Lol.
Our game vs NC was in week 2. I'd love to play them now. But seriously, NC lost to two 1 loss teams(Southern Nash, Northern Nash). NN is the defending 3A Eastern champ, and they have what it takes to repeat. And SN is the team that gave NN their only loss of the year. They themselves have what it takes to represent the east this year. Sad thing is, those two 1 loss teams that beat Nash Central play each other again this week in the second round. I think they are both in the top 3 of the 3A East. But the losses that West Craven suffered were at the hands of awesome teams too. Both are 5-1 in their last 6, but the 6 for WC have been way better than the 6 for NC. On a neutral field, I think I'd be a never ending tie, but I'm gonna give home field 1 point for the win.
That’s a good way of looking at it. I want put you in the crow thread for that if we win!! 🤣🤣🤣

Good luck to your team Greg....Nash county area has some athletes...Southern Nash pounded my grandson's team (Croatan) on the ground last week....only threw 1 pass and that was for a TD.......Not familiar with the type of O Nash Central runs tho...................

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Good luck to your team Greg....Nash county area has some athletes...Southern Nash pounded my grandson's team (Croatan) on the ground last week....only threw 1 pass and that was for a TD.......Not familiar with the type of O Nash Central runs tho...................
As the Jacksonville Cardinal guy on the 3A board would say” we’ll get off the bus”!! Our defense played really well last week like they did against Farmville. We held NP scoreless until the 4th qtr. They really had 2 plays tge whole game. Both in the 4th and I think some kids were getting tired. A missed tackle in the open field for one score and the receiver hit by the fb on another and the pass was on the money for their 2nd score. Other than that we kept them between the 20’s. If we play like that this week I like our chances. If we lose I’m fine with that as long as we go down playing hard.

I really think Nash Central is the most overlooked team in the East. They are battle tested and aren't mentioned nearly enough in the conversation. Everyone knows Clinton is the favorite. And then the talk is always WRH, Northeastern, Whiteville and ED. Heck, I've heard more people talk about West Craven than NC. But Nash Central is good. West Craven isn't a pushover at all and it wouldn't be a monumental upset by standards. But I'm surprised there isn't more chatter around NC.

just curious...where is Nash Central located?? I know Southern has a Bailey address....but it's pretty rural...and NN has a Rocky Mount address....................

just curious...where is Nash Central located?? I know Southern has a Bailey address....but it's pretty rural...and NN has a Rocky Mount address....................
Southern Nash has a Bailey address, but is actually in the country. Rocky Mount is, of course, in Rocky Mount. Northern Nash is located in Red Oak, and Nash Central, a mere 2 miles or so away from Northern Nash, has a Rocky Mount address, but is on the very border of the city limit. I think many from around this way would consider it to be in Nashville, but it's technically Rocky Mount. You could walk from Northern to Central and not be worn out.

Southern Nash has a Bailey address, but is actually in the country. Rocky Mount is, of course, in Rocky Mount. Northern Nash is located in Red Oak, and Nash Central, a mere 2 miles or so away from Northern Nash, has a Rocky Mount address, but is on the very border of the city limit. I think many from around this way would consider it to be in Nashville, but it's technically Rocky Mount. You could walk from Northern to Central and not be worn out.
Yes, same Exit off US 64 and both are only about a mile or two from the exit, in opposite directions...when I'm checking the weather for Nash Central, I type Nashville into weather.com, not Rocky Mount....when i'm checking the weather for Northern Nash I type in Red Oak, not Rocky Mount.....even though both have Rocky Mount zip codes

Reactions: SWE'98
This game is one of those that myself and a friend are considering attending this week....we saw Nash Central play Southern Nash during South Granville's bye week and the NC defense is really, really good against the run
Look me up if you go. I’ll be around the sideline and end zone , and press box getting our video equipment set up for the game.

Easiest way to find this school is take the exit off 64 like you are going to Nash Community college. Ride right on by the college and continue straight for maybe 1/2 mile. Turn left on Nash Central high rd. That’s the school.

Easiest way to find this school is take the exit off 64 like you are going to Nash Community college. Ride right on by the college and continue straight for maybe 1/2 mile. Turn left on Nash Central high rd. That’s the school.
Plenty of good places to eat all around there coming in from the west or east of Rocky Mount

Plenty of good places to eat all around there coming in from the west or east of Rocky Mount
I want have time to stop and eat. I’ll eat a sandwich on the way. I’ll check the concession out before the game starts. Anyone planning on going to this game you will have to buy tickets online through gofans. They only take digital I was told.

I want have time to stop and eat. I’ll eat a sandwich on the way. I’ll check the concession out before the game starts. Anyone planning on going to this game you will have to buy tickets online through gofans. They only take digital I was told.
Not sure about Central, but Northern only does gofans or something like it. Call the school and ask, that's what I'd do.

Reactions: Otis4411
Saw this game and was able to visit with Otis for a while before the game, very impressed with West Craven offensive backs and receivers, including sophomore QB and a ton of juniors, it was a 13-12 game late in 2nd quarter then got wild with Nash Ce broke a 57 yd TD run & 2 pt conv. by Javarris Jones to make it 21-12, W Craven then hit an 80 yard pass on next play from scrimmage and added 2 to make it 21-20...then forced a 3 & out, looked like West Craven was about to the ball back for last minute of 2nd quarter but they roughed the punter and four or five plays later Nash Ce added at a TD and extended halftime lead to 28-20....WC had ball first in 3rd quarter but held to a 3 & out, and Nash Ce scored on their first snap after a punt with another breakaway run by Javarris Jones, 35-20.....WC picked up a first down on a deep pass but RB was stripped of ball and lost a fumble then NC scored again to make it 42-20....WC battles with a great drive to draw within 42-28, including converting a 4th & 15 in early 4th quarter, but they would not get any closer....Nash Central is a great tackling team, defense, special teams; they don't miss a lot of tackles.....tonight they missed a couple of tackles in 1 on 1 situations after completed passes and the WR broke away from a corner to score but overall they are a good defensive teams....curious to see how they will do against Hertford Co. Bears in 3rd round

Otis, did you guys play bad or does Nash Central have a really good team this year?
They made us look bad really. They have a good team. If I wasn’t going out of town next weekend I would go back to watch them play Hertford. Probably the best 2A game next week in the East. That roughing the kicker still bugs me. Why, why would you do that?

They made us look bad really. They have a good team. If I wasn’t going out of town next weekend I would go back to watch them play Hertford. Probably the best 2A game next week in the East. That roughing the kicker still bugs me. Why, why would you do that?
Of course, there were many plays in the first half where the Eagles offense made the Bulldogs' vaunted defense look bad....they made great adjustments to take away what had been working

I was wondering if that penalty on the punt would have been a 5-yard running into the kicker instead of the 15 yard roughing which also brings an automatic first down and it was 4th and 18 or 19....their #5 Javarris Jones is a game-changing dynamic player in every facet of the game, we all know he can run the ball, but we also saw block, and catch....not to mention how he can contribute on special teams and defense

For the 3rd Rd, I can't decide if I want to see Hertford @ Nash Central or Whiteville @ SW Edgecombe.....or Terry Sanford @ Southern Alamance......or New Bern @ Cleveland......or Clayton @ Cardinal Gibbons.....or Fuquay-Varina @ Rolesville

Reactions: Otis4411
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT