ADVERTISEMENT

West Columbus at Whiteville(Homecoming)

loveboat500

Jun 11, 2014
Pack has several key contributors out that will not be playing until the playoffs. QB Luke Odom has taken the reins and contributed a lot of yards rushing, Love the grit and efforts of the whole team, scrappy bunch. D held a pretty decent Pender offense to 6 points last week, will be a seeing a much improved WC Vikings squad on Friday.

Reactions: dirty stallion
Could be a good game if WC comes to play and hold onto the ball. Whiteville needs to come up with another running back. They can't keep running the QB that much because you know what will happen sooner or later. I would love to see the ball in the air a little more plus i would like to see if #26 can run the ball. He is a stud around 6foot 2 inches 220 to 225 pounds. He might not can but i sure would love to see him try. He is verry tough at outside linebacker. I will go Pack 40 to 18.

Pack 21 West Columbus 7. A very good game. WC has a lot better team than i thought. They played verry hard and was very physical team. The Pack needs to get healthy or we will be in trouble down the road. Lost another running back and had to lean on the QB again. If he goes down we are in trouble for sure. How in the world did SC score 38 on them?

Strick I don't see Whiteville making any deep run this year. Good team but no where near what Whiteville usually is but so are other teams too. WC has some players and are better than some years past. SC scored their points when Lamont put subs in. Good game tonight thought. Odom pretty good QB. #10 should be catching Moore passes

I agree our ends just don't have good soft hands. our running backs is what worries me. You can't rely on the QB to be the best runner. He can throw good but someone has to catch it. We are leaning on the defense a little to much. Although all but 3 are underclassmen, but they play hard and still learning. I think WC can make some noise in the playoffs and i think they can beat Pender if they play like they did tonight.

Pack seems to be doing all they can. D has had Two great games. O continues to continue with lots of injuries tough stretch right now.

You are right about that boat. Trask will be a hard out. What ever happened to the tight end drag over the middle. Use to be one of our best passing plays back in the day. We have got to get some of our running backs healthy. and start catching the ball. Every team is going to stack the middle and stop the run. Our line has been blocking great, but they can't block 6 and 7 men on the line.

Not many sweeps called recently. Remember to throw to backs and TE’s when u can force favorable coverage.

Strick I bet WC didn't run more than 6 different plays out of 3 or more formations all night. No counters reverses to stop big rush from Pack.

Whiteville did the same thing except they didn't use no more than 2 0r 3 formations. Same thing every week except for a couple of pass plays. They better do more than that against Trask.

Reactions: Eastcoastman1957
Not really sure how #8 gets his yards seems all his runs are up the middle or over the guards with a very rare off tackle play he gets some tough yards. If he’ll continue to hit the weights and work on his quickness he can play at the next level.Will be nice to see his progress next year.

Only one conf. Champion in 2Aand 1. Conf. champion from 1A in out conf. for playoffs. But could have other qualifiers get in. So Whiteville needs next 2 and does WC. Is this right

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT