ADVERTISEMENT

West Charlotte @ Crest round 3

We survived and never quit. That's about all you can say. Our offense played 1 quarter tonight. We have to figure out what's missing on that side of the ball. I know WC is good, but we haven't been clicking last 2 games.
Athletes are getting better from the opposing teams that’s all.

Reactions: shutdownD24
My gosh folks. I've been watching Charger football since the mid eighties. I've seen some great teams at Sid Bryson over the years. This team will be talked about for years to come. The things they have accomplished so far is amazing to watch. I get one more week to cheer on that GREEN AND GOLD. Couldn't be more proud to be a Charger.

Last week against Statesville I felt like we were way better and didn't play well, but tonight WC brought it. They matched our speed and tackled well, if they got there hands on you, you was down.

I think #4 for Crest played an outstanding game.

That kid is the truth. A tenth grader.

All I know is I get to watch High School football the day after Thanksgiving.

Word!
And a heck of a bball player also he is.
That will have to wait at least another week tho
Football day after Turkey Day
Best time of the year.
D Boyz come on down , bring it.

Crest is hanging on by a thread, glad to still be in the mix, but the offense needs to wake up! Otherwise just hang your jersey’s up.

Reactions: beamer24
Athletes are getting better from the opposing teams that’s all.
No one will argue that. However, it’s not like we’ve played chopped liver up until now.

Crest is simply off. Some kind of way.

That’s not meantto take anything away from WC. They’re really good. Our hands are full from here on out.

I’d like to see us clicking. Win lose or draw.

Last edited:
Congrats to Crest. Going for two was the right call for SP when it did not work against Statesville and it was the right call for Crest and glad it worked for the Chargers. There always will be one of these games on the way to a championship and we will pull for the goobers from Crest to continue on this year.

No one will argue that. However, it’s not like we’ve played chopped liver up until now.

That’s not meantto take anything away from WC. They’re really good. Our hands are full from here on out.

This was my point exactly. I know WC defense played great, but so was KM. I'm not trying to take anything away from them, but offense has just been off. Just hoping we can get that back and let the chips fall where they may.

On another note, our defense has gotten better and better and there's no way we win the last 2 weeks without those guys stepping up, so hats off to that group!.

This was my point exactly. I know WC defense played great, but so was KM. I'm not trying to take anything away from them, but offense has just been off. Just hoping we can get that back and let the chips fall where they may.

On another note, our defense has gotten better and better and there's no way we win the last 2 weeks without those guys stepping up, so hats off to that group!.
You are right. The defense has stepped up. That group has been coached up

I felt like Husky forced a few throws where he could have ran for a few yards instead. One of Crest coaches was running his mouth towards the WC bench immediately after the game specifically towards 1 player. I thought it was going to get out of hand but cooler heads prevailed. I glad they shook hands at 1st I didn't think that was going to happen either.

Reactions: crestrulz

Well I think to get back clicking they need to do what got them here for one 3 has been open the last few games and only a couple targets one last night one or two last week until he got banned up spread the ball no one can cover any of our receivers man up so someone is open love ya brother

I felt like Husky forced a few throws where he could have ran for a few yards instead. One of Crest coaches was running his mouth towards the WC bench immediately after the game specifically towards 1 player. I thought it was going to get out of hand but cooler heads prevailed. I glad they shook hands at 1st I didn't think that was going to happen either.
Radio guys were saying that as well. At this time of year need to take the yards and move the chains.

OMG what an unbelievable win

22-6 in fourth

two tds and two two point coversions
blocks field goal at end of regulation
Scores and Sosebee rolls the dice and BOOM gets the two..... to WIN

Grapefruits....... I MEAN GIGANTIC lol

Congrats crest, survive and avance
I’ve been saying that from the beginning of the playoffs. Stop worrying about how it looks. “Survive and advance” should be everyone’s focus this time of year. It takes talent, coaching, and luck to keep going this late in season.

One of the great things to see was right before the start of the 4th. Momentum was clearly on WC side and the energy was down for the Crest faithful. Instead of coaches and players yelling, pointing fingers, etc. They were hugging each others necks. Coach Sos was hugging his players. It was a true team lifting each other up. Love seeing that.

I agree. But, in his defense. He has been running for his life. WC done a great job of mixing coverages last second. Leaving recievers uncovered. Blitzing corners.
WC brought alot of pressure and covered alot better than I thought they would. Only got beat deep once.

One of the great things to see was right before the start of the 4th. Momentum was clearly on WC side and the energy was down for the Crest faithful. Instead of coaches and players yelling, pointing fingers, etc. They were hugging each others necks. Coach Sos was hugging his players. It was a true team lifting each other up. Love seeing that.
Congratulations Chargers. Great teams find a way to win at the end. Let’s keep Cleveland County going next week.

That’s crazy considering the two teams played hard but there was not very much extra stuff taking place.

That game was odd in all kinds of ways. What a thing to watch.

Reactions: beamer24

Every game I've been to this year they've done that!!! That makes them special! Not saying better than anyone just a little different!

I kinda feel for the WC kids. This is the second year in a row that WC has traveled to CC for a 3rd round playoff game, held a double digit lead in the 4th qtr, and lost the game in heartbreaking fashion. Last year in KM WC went for it on 4th and 2 to put the game away and didn’t get. This year on 4th and 2 they chose to not go for it and kick a fg that got blocked. Coach Greiner is realizing how hard it is to get a win in CC in the playoffs lol.

Last edited:
Well I think to get back clicking they need to do what got them here for one 3 has been open the last few games and only a couple targets one last night one or two last week until he got banned up spread the ball no one can cover any of our receivers man up so someone is open love ya brother
I would like to see #15 get his spot back on offense he doesn’t get the ball much but he has a great impact because he runs routes hard and that gets the others open..the offense been a little different since he went to the bench..

I would like to see #15 get his spot back on offense he doesn’t get the ball much but he has a great impact because he runs routes hard and that gets the others open..the offense been a little different since he went to the bench..
He told me he had surgery on his groin and is out for the year.

This re-entry thing is out of hand. A lady beside us went and sat in her car during the rain. When the rain stopped she wanted to come back and they wouldn't let her in. She's a retired teacher from Crest.
Yeah, I agree. 2 weeks ago, Statesville game, my son (a junior) stayed at home until the Duke bball game was over. When he showed up in the third quarter they wouldn't let him in. My wife went up there and the cop said its a new rule to prevent trouble, no one can enter after halftime.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT