ADVERTISEMENT

West Caldwell Hire

Best possible hire they coulda made.. shoulda done so in 2017. Hiring Holman was one of the dumbest things they've ever did.. he killed the momentum and sent them backwards. Monte will turn them around but he needs time it won't be an instant thing; give him 2-3 years and it will show. it will take time to get the kids to quit moving but once they start producing and results will be there it will happen. Their move back down to 2A will help.

Best possible hire they coulda made.. shoulda done so in 2017. Hiring Holman was one of the dumbest things they've ever did.. he killed the momentum and sent them backwards. Monte will turn them around but he needs time it won't be an instant thing; give him 2-3 years and it will show. it will take time to get the kids to quit moving but once they start producing and results will be there it will happen. Their move back down to 2A will help.

With all due respect - I am a Big fan of Coach Holman n I am happy he is now a Blue Devil. He was a great coach at Davie Co and also Its not all on the coach sometimes when things go wrong and also he maybe wasn't the right fit at West Caldwell but that isnt his fault bc not every coach fits in at some schools.

Also I Am not a Fan of coach Simmons as I thought he and west iredell unarchive a ton in his tenure at West Iredell High School but It not all his fault as there are issue at West Iredell needs to be changed.

Reactions: Kylar2018
Well I look forward to see what Monte Simmons can do but until the school board and the Superintendent do there job it will be a hard road with all the players living in West Caldwell district going across town and playing sports at Hibriten. The Superintendent needs to go by the rules and guide lines that were set in place instead of looking the other way. The community needs to wake up and stand up for West Caldwell and stop letting this crap go on. I don't blame the kids I blame the adults and the leaders of the community. The school board and Superintendent should be ashamed of what you are doing to this school and the kids that are playing where they are suppose to play. WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!

Well I look forward to see what Monte Simmons can do but until the school board and the Superintendent do there job it will be a hard road with all the players living in West Caldwell district going across town and playing sports at Hibriten. The Superintendent needs to go by the rules and guide lines that were set in place instead of looking the other way. The community needs to wake up and stand up for West Caldwell and stop letting this crap go on. I don't blame the kids I blame the adults and the leaders of the community. The school board and Superintendent should be ashamed of what you are doing to this school and the kids that are playing where they are suppose to play. WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!
That’s what people ain’t understanding them kids won’t be transferring to hibriten anymore with Monty at west he knows how to get the kids and they will stay home that’s for sure

That’s what people ain’t understanding them kids won’t be transferring to hibriten anymore with Monty at west he knows how to get the kids and they will stay home that’s for sure
Well that's yet to be seen, hope you are right. but they need to stop what's going on but they want.

Alil shocked on this one. West Iredell easily had triple the talent as West Caldwell yet none of the transferred to wins. Definitely believe Monty underachieving at West Iredell

Di
Alil shocked on this one. West Iredell easily had triple the talent as West Caldwell yet none of the transferred to wins. Definitely believe Monty underachieving at West Iredell
it will be a little different at west Caldwell cause Monty is we’ll know in the community and the kid’s will buy into what he’s doing he built hibriten in the early 2000s

If HHS would’ve had a couple more WC players and a better defensive coordinator in the 2000’s we probably would have 2 more STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS.... LOL......my bad Monty was the defensive coordinator.

If HHS would’ve had a couple more WC players and a better defensive coordinator in the 2000’s we probably would have 2 more STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS.... LOL......my bad Monty was the defensive coordinator.
Y’all had no problem with him bringing y’all all the west players did you?

This has always been where these discussions go, no matter what the thread. Not one person has a legit argument. A kid has family in 3 districts he or she can use an address of a relative. Been happening for years, all the way back to the 80’s and I’m sure before that. If WC was on the winning end it would be ok, it sure was ok in the 80’s when they dominated. What’s the big deal if it keeps a kid in school, let him go be happy. The tables will turn one day and you can enjoy winning again. WC has had talent, there’s been no dedication to build that talent into a winner. You guys have your coach now so just let him do his thing.

This has always been where these discussions go, no matter what the thread. Not one person has a legit argument. A kid has family in 3 districts he or she can use an address of a relative. Been happening for years, all the way back to the 80’s and I’m sure before that. If WC was on the winning end it would be ok, it sure was ok in the 80’s when they dominated. What’s the big deal if it keeps a kid in school, let him go be happy. The tables will turn one day and you can enjoy winning again. WC has had talent, there’s been no dedication to build that talent into a winner. You guys have your coach now so just let him do his thing.
Don’t worry the tables will be turned soon enough

Kinda like the implosion that happened in basketball? When you guys start winning and more players want to come.... is your coach gonna except only the ones that are legally in district? Just asking?

Kinda like the implosion that happened in basketball? When you guys start winning and more players want to come.... is your coach gonna except only the ones that are legally in district? Just asking?
Thats been big part of the problem. One for the other which is wrong itself. 1 person to blame for that. It aint no secret who.

There isn't a desire to win in football in Iredell County outside of maybe South.

I can agree. Shocked at Statesville, Mooresville; even West Iredell. Too much talent in the area not to be in state title contention

Now I will say Gusler has done an outstanding job at Statesville. I think they may be having a bit of a culture change.

Mooresville lost an outstanding young football coach.

Iredell County as a Whole is not the greatest sports area but We are a Baseball, Soccer, Wrestling area and girls wise - Softball n Soccer n Volleyball at some schools

The reason Mooreville struggle is we will always be behind the curve in the I-Meck n 4A football as in my own opinion- Our Demographic fits a 3A/2A style which are our roots. Mooreville prime time was under the great Mike Carter n We only had a few great run since then. Charlotte u can recruit n coach n all move around Charlotte. Lake Norman is in the same boat as they were built as a 3A school

I can’t really answer for Statesville , South Iredell has been down ever since their Title game, They haven’t had a deep run since. Talent is bit down as well for South Iredell. West Iredell- Tons of things I could say but They always had talent but they let so many go to South Iredell or Statesville- I can name at least 5 athletes that Should of went to West Iredell but didn’t.

Football is not the county big sport sadly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT