ADVERTISEMENT

East Rowan Hires

East Rowan hires Brian Flynn as their next Head Coach
1000_F_391262041_Sp4iJfM1bLVhZqGowejqvLEX5f0VW1Ao.jpg

Same clown show.. different side of the Yadkin river.
Also fair to note that West Rowan remembers a recruitment attempt that got thwarted. They'll be on alert.

Last edited:
Am I missing something ? I thought this was a good hire
Have you heard about the circumstances surrounding the reason he was looking for a new job? In addition to that debacle, in which a stronger administration would have fired him altogether, he’s been looking for jobs in the off season on and off. He’s been passed over.

For East Rowan, who is pretty terrible, perhaps a coach whose team has gone 3-8 for the last two years, this is an improvement.

Perhaps with East Rowan being further from his house, he will stay on campus during his planning period and not go home to mow his yard on the county’s dime.

Reactions: M193_55g
Have you heard about the circumstances surrounding the reason he was looking for a new job? He’s been looking for jobs in the off season on and off. He’s been passed over.

For East Rowan, who is pretty terrible, perhaps a coach whose team has gone 3-8 for the last two years, this is an improvement.
I don’t follow Winston Salem - Davidson Co area that much so

Reactions: PrepFanNC
I can't imagine this ending well. They either didn't do their homework, or character doesn't matter there.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Or they couldn’t find anyone else to take it
That might be the case as well. Last three years have been pretty abysmal at East Rowan. (0-10- 1-9, 1-8). Haven’t had a season over .500 in over a decade.

Wow! So much more than just x's and o's to being a HS coach.... I mean, sure....second chances are sometimes needed...but, you don't want to reach out too far on the limb. This one seems high risk.

What process goes through for hiring in RSS?
Apparently, not a very thorough one, at least at East Rowan. They have had a couple instances in which persons with questionable credentials ended up on staff. One was a baseball coach who ended up on the SO registry after losing his job over "inappropriate relationship" allegations by some female students. In another case, an ER football coach some time back (Mazza?) was let go after it was determined he had falsified his degree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT