ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 Stats

Usdi Watali

Aug 23, 2022

Share week 1 stats here so it can be in one place. As for the stats above it was definitely the best offensive performance I’ve seen from Swain in a while; too bad CCD looked discombobulated the whole time despite having talent. Not sure why they were like that but it will be interesting to see what happens when Swain plays someone that is focused and has talent.

Share week 1 stats here so it can be in one place. As for the stats above it was definitely the best offensive performance I’ve seen from Swain in a while; too bad CCD looked discombobulated the whole time despite having talent. Not sure why they were like that but it will be interesting to see what happens when Swain plays someone that is focused and has talent.

That's a whuppin!

Robbinsville
460 total
113 pass
347 rush

East Surry
192 total
148 pass
44 rush

That's with the starters only playing 2.5 quarters.

Reactions: Usdi Watali
Robbinsville
460 total
113 pass
347 rush

East Surry
192 total
148 pass
44 rush

That's with the starters only playing 2.5 quarters.
im not sure when the starters went out for Swain but i'd assume it might've been similar. Were the passing yds y'all gave up primarily in the second half or did they get y'all a few times with their starters?

Reactions: MA STUD
That's a whuppin!
Definitely seems that way. I figure Smoky would give a good gauge on how Swain is but now I'm not so sure with how they had some trouble with Cherokee. From what I've heard Cherokee mightve been able to pull it out if any of their players didn't cramp up.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
From what I saw last Friday, Swain has some size all over the place. And the big plus is it came through the weight lifting program! I felt the Devils line was just stronger overall, and we only have one senor starting. The defensive backs were like linebackers in run support. Not to mention they held up well in coverage. By everyone's ranking system Swain was projected to lose by 10 to 20 points, but instead our young men laid the double goose eggs on'em and still put the ball in the endzone!

im not sure when the starters went out for Swain but i'd assume it might've been similar. Were the passing yds y'all gave up primarily in the second half or did they get y'all a few times with their starters?

Swains starters probably in longer with it being close for a while.

Yes we gave up probably 70-80yds through the air with our starters in. That's an estimate.

Around 20 on the ground.

Adams only had 118. Over 200 was from others.
Around 70 for Calhoun on 7 carries.

Well #1 im not Buzz and RE said that and was being sarcastic when he said it! But you would have to be smart to know that. Is it not allowed to have 2 screen names bc pretty sure its not allowed.
You could never be me anyways, the real BuzzedCoach

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Swains starters probably in longer with it being close for a while.

Yes we gave up probably 70-80yds through the air with our starters in. That's an estimate.

Around 20 on the ground.

Adams only had 118. Over 200 was from others.
Around 70 for Calhoun on 7 carries.
You'll have that this time of year, good for y'alls D to see it now though.

I completely forgot that it was close for a while, I just felt... comfortable? Watching the game I am usually nervous but this game I felt pretty good after the first few series.

I am pleased to see Calhoun put up some stats, I loved watching him at Cherokee.

You'll have that this time of year, good for y'alls D to see it now though.

I completely forgot that it was close for a while, I just felt... comfortable? Watching the game I am usually nervous but this game I felt pretty good after the first few series.

I am pleased to see Calhoun put up some stats, I loved watching him at Cherokee.
I know what you mean. it like our defence would bend but not break and Swain just felt like old times with the double TE's and the Veer. And it did wear down their defence too.

Really I haven't had much to say about Swains win because of the caliber team we played..CCD would finish last in the SMC

• Wow
Reactions: KevinFromSwain
Really I haven't had much to say about Swains win because of the caliber team we played..CCD would finish last in the SMC
Totally understandable, still nice to see Swain actually executing and should give them some confidence in what they are doing.

Reactions: NCBBFB and Orange01
They had some big kids and a good running back. He was shut down though. I don't think they would score more than 7-14 if the two played later in the year or if some substitutions had been made on defense in this game. It wasn't a playoff game so no need to do it just letting everyone get some playing time and seeing where they fit best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT