ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 scores

Good win for Mitchell . Massy Ratings had Charlotte Latin as 23 points.. favorites..
Just listing to the radio sounded like Mitchell made several young team first game mistakes especially penalties.
But D played good but after the offense moved the ball well in the first they adjusted well in the second.

What about MH kicking the ball and Mitchell going for 2 something strange there😂

Robbinsville was solid tonight except for the penalty’s ES made a lot of mistakes tonight also 4 or 5 turnovers. Everyone knew it was over when ES had a 1st and goal on the 4 and Robbinsville held them and drove the field to score. If ES plays like this next week MA will name the score

Wasn't boo wooing is what it is. I'm not surprised by Murphy win but just like your fellow Murphy fans surprised by the margin and if honest you probably are too. Just going by last year and Franklin is usually consensually have good teams and without knowing anything about ether just went with the home team would have picked Murphy if been played there because figured it would be a close game.
Unless I missed it where was your picks?
When most think of a down year for Murphy it means they may not win state. I think they will still be a top 3 team in the SMC. Both Franklin running backs went out to n the scrimmage last week and I doubt either played tonight. Franklin doesn't have their usual team this year. Really no speed or skill kids that stands out.

That sucks titan man
Such is life as a McDowell alum. I was pleasantly surprised with some things and how they outplayed RS most of the game. Special teams was a disaster and the last minute was a disaster. The punter couldn't punt more than 25 to 30 yards and kickoffs were awful. RS started on the McDowell 50 or inside it multiple times.

Not sure if Mt Airy North Surry will be available for viewing anywhere but it would be interesting viewing.
North Surry will win some games this year, may even have a winning Season.

But Mt Airy answered all the questions tonight. Mentally they were ready. Focused? Yes they were laser focused.

The real game of the night was the second half. Mt Airy 2nd and 3rd team 7 North Surry Starters 0.

Just listing to the radio sounded like Mitchell made several young team first game mistakes especially penalties.
But D played good but after the offense moved the ball well in the first they adjusted well in the second.

What about MH kicking the ball and Mitchell going for 2 something strange there😂
Ya that's crazy.
But to be honest. I think over the years. I can't think of a game heritage has lost by going for 2pts evertime, but I can count lots of games going for 2pts won the game.
But this year if coach Robinson sees fit to kick xpoints I want 2nd guess him. He's Tom Landry in Yancey countie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT