ADVERTISEMENT

Weddington v. Grimsley analysis?

Crown them! Grimsley ran through the Charlotte gauntlet and passed with flying colors. Greensboro All-Stars 4, Charlotte 0.
Womp womp.
12 point win over Catholic, 6 point win over Indy, 3 points in OT against Huff now 1 over Weddington with defense allowing over 30 points per game in the playoffs. They made it through but not exactly with flying colors.

12 point win over Catholic, 6 point win over Indy, 3 points in OT against Huff now 1 over Weddington with defense allowing over 30 points per game in the playoffs. They made it through but not exactly with flying colors.
Indy lost by 8 actually and the game was never in doubt. They scored a garbage time TD and so did Catholic..the Catholic game was 42-22 with 1 min remaining..then to beat Hough who lost to freakin Dutch Fork by 3 and hadn’t given up more than 13 points to a NC team. The regional final is the regional final, who cares how they won. You won’t give anyone credit will you? Stop pushing this BS narrative..

Yes so we can have the file on here
Sorry Boo
What exactly were you trying to keep receipts for? Weddington doesn't need you to document how good of a ball club they are. If anything it backfired on you for trying to one up the doubters. Maybe next time, boo.

• Haha
Reactions: Sorry-boo
I'd saying winning all of those games, after basically everyone said they were going to be a 2nd round exit this year, is passing the test with flying colors.

Indy lost by 8 actually and the game was never in doubt. They scored a garbage time TD and so did Catholic..the Catholic game was 42-22 with 1 min remaining..then to beat Hough who lost to freakin Dutch Fork by 3 and hadn’t given up more than 13 points to a NC team. The regional final is the regional final, who cares how they won. You won’t give anyone credit will you? Stop pushing this BS narrative..
You have a smart mouth too? I call them like I see them. For your information I picked Grimsley in every playoff game. But for a team who did as well as Grimsley did in the regular season, I’m frankly surprised at their playoff performance defensively. Offensively they’ve done well because it had too. Their defense isn’t helping the offense out. Crown them? Not hardly, not yet. If Grimsley’s defense doesn’t pick it up next week, New Bern, with their rushing game will pop 40-45 on them without needing overtime. But yes, I give them credit…for being able in the playoffs to overcome a porous defense.

Reactions: dw4444
Great game, congrats to Grimsely. Weddington was a lot tougher on the D side of the ball than I thought they would be. Need to see if Grimseley can bring some D against New Bern, at the most important times they did tonight, but not at all times. I am a Grimsley fan on Friday night

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I hadn't seen this game and came here to see how it went down. You guys all did a great job of explaining how this game developed! It mad me nervous reading all the plays and such. I am not a fan of either team but I love the way you all made me feel like a fan for both!! Good luck Grimsley and great team Weddington!

Hats off to Weddington. Disciplined and in the first half had the Grimsley defense off balance. Warriors converted a ton of 3rd and 4th downs. Anderson TD at the end of first half was huge.
In the second half both teams made critical defensive adjustments that stymied offenses. Special teams plays for Grimsley and a beast-mode TD run by Summers late in the 4th made the difference.
See ya in Chapel Hill on Friday!

My thoughts go back to when Weddington had an PAT kick blocked and also a FG blocked. Goes for basketball as well where missing that extra point or more at the free throw line can cost a team losing a game. Anyway good win for Grimsley and best of luck in the 4A State Championship game.

My thoughts go back to when Weddington had an PAT kick blocked and also a FG blocked. Goes for basketball as well where missing that extra point or more at the free throw line can cost a team losing a game. Anyway good win for Grimsley and best of luck in the 4A State Championship game.
Totally agree, the difference in this game was Grimsley blocking a PAT and a short FG. Without those play's Weddington is your west 4a representative.

The FG was blocked by RB Stimpson. There is a picture on twitter of the marks on his forearm from the football's laces.

Reactions: Sorry-boo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT