ADVERTISEMENT

Wallace Rose-Hill @ Princeton

g-dog08

Feb 24, 2005
Here it is, the eastern finals winner is proclaimed the beast of the east. Princeton is a very very good team, as with any team left. I am looking forward to the trip and seeing their nice field again. WrH scrimmaged them in the spring and I remember coming out impressed with them. Gonna be an interesting matchup. I am sure they will try and limit our possessions with there 3 yard and a cloud of dust approach. I feel like our defense is starting to play a lot better and if they continue to improve I think we will win by 10-14. If not we will have to win a shootout which we can definitely do. Is Princeton ready for the 3 headed monster that is our running game? Let’s hear your thoughts!!

Wish you all the best dogs! I see another Wallace victory. They’ve been in 1a the last four years, and has had some decent teams, but we never played them. They were undefeated in the spring along with edenton and us. They got a bad draw and got edenton first round, and we had the winner, so it didn’t work out for us to play them. I think it’ll be a good game, but the big game experience you all have should play a big part!

Don’t know if Princeton can win, but not many people have given them a chance all along. Like being the underdog and so “over matched”, we know how good WRH is, they are good most every year! Princeton may lose by 21+ but they have heard it before, look forward to seeing WRH play and hopefully Princeton will give them a good game.

Don’t know if Princeton can win, but not many people have given them a chance all along. Like being the underdog and so “over matched”, we know how good WRH is, they are good most every year! Princeton may lose by 21+ but they have heard it before, look forward to seeing WRH play and hopefully Princeton will give them a good game.
Sure Princeton can win. With that offensive line, sure can. I was impressed in scrimmage. Princeton was the best there. Dogs scored 4 times and Princeton 5. Dogs only played sophomores on d.

Can Princeton win? Absolutely! They are 3rd in the nation in rushing yards for a reason. I’m expecting a knock down drag out rushing slugfest between these 2 teams. There probably won’t be no more than 2 pass attempts all game from both teams combined. It’s gonna come down to which defense gets the stop at the most critical time. Could be a fumble, or a big 4th down stop, etc. I’m really looking forward to making the trip and visiting Princeton’s stadium for the first time.

I wasn't implying Princeton couldn't win. Just once you make it to this stage it's anybody's game. WRH has always been an extremely tough opponent. I'm just not going to talk smack about this game. Like I've said before, one wrong bounce or one bad call and the whole game can change. Proud of our Princeton Bulldogs on their efforts and success this 1st yr in 2A when we weren't expected to be here. Good luck to both teams Friday night!!

I wasn't implying Princeton couldn't win. Just once you make it to this stage it's anybody's game. WRH has always been an extremely tough opponent. I'm just not going to talk smack about this game. Like I've said before, one wrong bounce or one bad call and the whole game can change. Proud of our Princeton Bulldogs on their efforts and success this 1st yr in 2A when we weren't expected to be here. Good luck to both teams Friday night!!
Ya don't get this far without being very good. I expect Princeton to be listed as a favorite but them bulldogs are coming. It should be another great game. I'll be going from Vanceboro.

Anyone know if you can buy tickets to this at the gate or online or what?

So you're the East Surry of the east?

Gonna be a battle of 2 of the countries leading rushing teams, WRH leads the nation in rushing yards at 6,251 yards and Princeton comes in at 5th at 5,511 yards, I have read talk about Princetons Oline and how good they are, no one is talking about WRHs. They are pretty dang good to.

Gonna be a battle of 2 of the countries leading rushing teams, WRH leads the nation in rushing yards at 6,251 yards and Princeton comes in at 5th at 5,511 yards, I have read talk about Princetons Oline and how good they are, no one is talking about WRHs. They are pretty dang good to.
Oh believe me we KNOW WRH O line is good. Not taking them lightly at all.

Reactions: dogs79
Here it is, the eastern finals winner is proclaimed the beast of the east. Princeton is a very very good team, as with any team left. I am looking forward to the trip and seeing their nice field again. WrH scrimmaged them in the spring and I remember coming out impressed with them. Gonna be an interesting matchup. I am sure they will try and limit our possessions with there 3 yard and a cloud of dust approach. I feel like our defense is starting to play a lot better and if they continue to improve I think we will win by 10-14. If not we will have to win a shootout which we can definitely do. Is Princeton ready for the 3 headed monster that is our running game? Let’s hear your thoughts!!
I think that Princeton is undefeated because they have great players and great coaching. They are a Legit #1 seed. So Wallace is the underdog. I hope that WRH comes in with a chip on their Shoulder from the scrimmage. 21-14 either way.

Reactions: PapaJ68
WRH's 6,251 yards rushing is the new state record for rushing in a season. Hopefully they will be able to increase that number a little more before the season is over.

I think that Princeton is undefeated because they have great players and great coaching. They are a Legit #1 seed. So Wallace is the underdog. I hope that WRH comes in with a chip on their Shoulder from the scrimmage. 21-14 either way.
Definitely going to be a good game!! I honestly believe there are no underdogs at this point. And they both will come out with chips on their shoulders

The only thing you know about bowling involves a spoon and bib

As your father I remember you were a hungry baby...

s-l400.jpg

fzc1s5tawl531.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
The winner of this game will be traveling to NC State Saturday December 11th at 3:00 to take on the winner of the Shelby East Surry 2a West regional final in the 2a state championship game. Highschoolot.com confirmed state championship sites

Last edited:
After talking to a former coach, he said what will probably happen defending against Princeton's offense. Made a lot of sense to me. Should be able to slow their backs from running down hill as much. If WRH can make them go East/West then our speed should be a difference maker. He picked WRH 21+, no disrespect to Princeton. He also thinks Princeton will do what they do like they did against St Paul's. I think Princeton should try to shorten game. I think WRH has got so much speed that was on display against NE, it will probably ware down Princeton

Move along Otis, nobody was talking to you. You lose points just for being called Otis.
You would never guess why I use that. lol Dude I worked with years ago in the log woods ran a skunk down and caught it. Picked it up and turned it around and named it Otis just like that. I told him if he caught it to keep its tail tucked to its belly. He never got sprayed.
I know I can't keep up with you guy's. I don't even try. But you know I was right.

Princeton will definitely try to shorten the game and play ball control, with that offensive line, they have a great opportunity to do just that. They are also a team that hasn't beaten themselves so far this season, very disciplined and well coached, they don't make mistakes and penalties are very limited. They will have to play to those strengths and hope that the home field gives them a little advantage as well in order to win.

Reactions: DogsRunItUp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT