ADVERTISEMENT

VIKINGFAN08's PARTING SHOTS

vikingfan08

Feb 21, 2005
First I want to say congratulations to the 2014 Plymouth Vikings on a GREAT season! There is nothing to be ashamed of, or sad about. We lost today, we had chances and didn't capitalize. It's that simple. And for ROBBINSVILLE, where do I start? I wish I could congratulate you, but yall were the DIRTIEST team I have ever seen in my life! If that's how yall do it in Robbinsville, then yall suck! I have never seen anything to beat it. It's a shame because you had a really good football team, but your play on the field earned ZERO respect from me! It speaks volumes to me about your coaching staff! If I have crossed the line stating my opinion, I apologize. But I refuse to give props to a team that plays that way! Now on to next year. The VIKINGS will return a couple of good backs, 4 OL, starting WR, and I believe 4 defensive starters. I look for us to be right in contention again. And I hope we don't have to play a team as dirty as that one! I don't know how yall other western teams deal with it? Or was it just today? VIKING PRIDE!!!!

Man, I don't know what game you saw but I witness a game were both teams played HARD NOSED football. Was it chippy at times, yes... does it take two to dance, YES. Just chill breath deep and be glad that neither team had anyone hurt and be thankful that both teams performed to give us all a great game. Sorry your team came out on the short end but it happens, but I didn't see that many "cheap shots" to call out on either team.
Just my 2 cents worth on the matter.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Kevin, you are welcome to your opinion, It was a GREAT game to witness. But my vision is pretty good, and I saw too many extracurricular shots! Twisting of ankles, pulls on the helmets while on the ground. Not sure is you were at the game, but I was. The t.v doesnt show everything. I didn't say it wasn't a great game, I just refuse to give them recognition for the victory. I'm one person, and my opinion means nothing to anybody but me, I had no problem congratulating Murphy last year, and would of had no problem doing the same this year, but I refuse.. Sorry, its just how I feel.

I was at the game. I am from the mountains so I was pulling for Robbinsville but I don't have a dog in the fight. In fact, I lived more of my life in the Triangle and my kid's team, Middle Creek got eliminated first round this year.

My observations:
Plymouth had more talent. Definitely more size and speed.Robbinsville out hit Plymouth. Plymouth's D-line and their LBs were pretty aggressive but their DBs were soft and backed away from #3 and #32.Clean game all around. I saw nothing dirty. Couple chippy plays on both sides and the blonde kid from Plymouth ripped his own helmet off and threw some sort of Q-Dawg within routine. Not needed and he got flagged.I though both teams played hard. Robbinsville got up 14-0 and I thought it was over but the Plymouth kids fought back and didn't quit. Robbinsville helped with a interception and a fumble. Plymouth had momentum and a chance to get the ball back with 2:42 left and they had #3 stopped 4 yards short but he just keeping pumping and got the first down.Really enjoyable game to watch with both teams playing hard. Bottom line that Robbinsville was physically tougher down the stretch.Great season by both teams and both should be proud.
Sorry'08, don't know what you were watching but hopefully after the emotion simmer down you can enjoy your team's success instead of bellyaching like a silly girl.

Originally posted by 85Jet:

Plymouth had more talent. Definitely more size and speed.
yeah I'm not so sure about that, I have no dog in the fight either and Robbinsville definitely had more size up front. I don't think the speed was a huge factor, Plymouth definitely had more individuals with speed but Robbinsville's team speed on defense is very solid.

I sat on the Plymouth side since that's the side I parked on and it was in the sun. A highlight was the Plymouth band. Very talented and their dance girls were as energetic as anyone.

I thought that #3 and #11 had good speed for Robbinsville and one of the LBs, perhaps #8? Beyond that, I thought that Plymouth had better speed and their two defensive ends were bigger than anyone on Robbinsville OL.

The other thing that struck me was how big Robbinsville's crowd was. The entire population of Robbinsville is like 600 and the county maybe 8000 and they had at least 1500 people there, maybe more. That's what a culture of winning does for you.

Kevin, you are welcome to your opinion, It was a GREAT game to witness. But my vision is pretty good, and I saw too many extracurricular shots! Twisting of ankles, pulls on the helmets while on the ground. Not sure is you were at the game, but I was. The t.v doesnt show everything.

Around these parts that is called football. Robbinsville plays as physical as the game allows. Those slights you mention are nothing unless the officials call them. Robbinsville was by far the more physical team, and Plymouth (IMO as I saw it) seemed outmanned at times. It is about as simple as that as I saw it. While you think you might have brought better athletes to the game, Robbinsville brought the better team, that had played a far tougher schedule and road to get to the SC game. While the competition in 1a west is much tougher and Robbinsville may or may not return in 2015, Plymouth probably will....Who else IS there in Eastern 1A?

Originally posted by KevinFromSwain:
Man, I don't know what game you saw but I witness a game were both teams played HARD NOSED football. Was it chippy at times, yes... does it take two to dance, YES. Just chill breath deep and be glad that neither team had anyone hurt and be thankful that both teams performed to give us all a great game. Sorry your team came out on the short end but it happens, but I didn't see that many "cheap shots" to call out on either team.
I am going to back you up here. Robbinsville plays with a chip on their shoulder as does Swain. I think the gauntlet that is the SMC regular season turns sweet kids into angry men. I don't necessarily think the "dirty" play is intentional, but a fight for you life until the ref drags you off of your opponent. It is just hard nosed smash mouth football. That is how Swain beats teams that are reportedly more athletic, and this year it was Robbinsville. I would say that any team that comes out of the SMC 16-0 is going to be battle tested and fight to the death. Ripping, pulling, smashing, kicking, thrashing, ... smash mouth mountain football.

Probably one of the best games of the year. I was on the field and I didn't see any of the crap this guy is dreaming up. The kids on both teams played their hearts out. Seems to me like it is Sour Grapes to a poster who is known to dish it out but can't take it. This was not the powder puff championship, it is Football. Congratulation to the Undefeated State Champion Robbinsville Black Knights.

I haven't posted on here for a while but as a Murphy fan i would like to defend the Black Knights. They have played hard nosed all year it is who they are. I didn't like that they ended my son's senior season but this year they won because of the physical way they play. They play aggressive and at time on the edge of too aggressive but that's who they are and that's what made them champs. Congrats to the Knights outcome was what I expected. Plymouth had trouble with Murphy's physical runners last year (Braswell and Cox) and I believed that Robbinsville would be too physical. Great game and great year looking forward to next few years as my other #42 begins his time in High School.

Viking fan 08,

I was at the game also - that was just smash mouth football. What an unbelievable whiner! We had a player to get his helmet ripped off also, does that mean your team was playing dirty? If all this dirty play happened don't you think a ref would occasionally catch it?

If you crossed the line, you apologize? Stuff your apology buddy. You insulted our team and our coaches, but nobody gonna be losing any sleep over your game summary.

Sour grapes in the highest degree...Yes you crossed the line, not a dirty game at all! Physical as all get out..normal SMC play!!! Sure do appreciate our coaches that the op took a little shot at...had our guys ready for battle!!! And as far as your congrats...just keep it..we won't miss it as important as it may be...LOL. Great job Black Knights!!! And Great game Vikings, a lesser team would have quit!

Vikingfan, you are right. You are entitled to your opinion and I for one won't blast you for it. As several have said, it's how football is played in the SMC, right or wrong, and you either toughen up or you go home. But by the same token, I saw Vikings helping Knights up, and Knights helping Vikings up, so there was a certain level of sportsmanship going on. I know for a fact, our coaches do not coach their teams to play dirty. I don't think the team takes the field with the intention of playing dirty, but these are young men and a lot is riding on the line. Tempers get the best of them, and if you're honest you know Plymouth had their share of temper outbursts as well. Refs and coaches keep these things under control when they break out and the game goes on. While I never saw the level of foul play you say happen, I hate you walked away from that game with such a bad image of the Knights and their program. The Vikings were everything they were hyped to be, with speed, skill, and size. This game was a defensive game. I was astounded at the number of times we held you guys on 4th and 1. I was equally astounded at the number of times you guys sacked our quarterback! Man these two teams played their hearts out and there's bound to be flare ups in a game that intense. I think every Knight fan there aged 20 years in the last minute and a half!! It's unfortunate the game left such a bitter taste for you. You guys have a hell of a team, but then again, so do we! That's why we were there!

First off want to say hats off to Plymouth! What a team you guys have! Size, speed, power, well coached and just a total class act. Yall definitely have a great thing going out there and will be contenders year in and year out. Good luck next year and maybe we can do it again 365 days from now!!
As for Viking 08, I was on the sidelines and you sir are clueless!! As you can see, you are the only one that feels this way so not sure exactly what game you was watching! Must have been all that sun in your eyes. lol I actually thought it was the "cleanest" game we played all year.....I will say Webb, Hollingsworth, and several others coming through the line were very humble and very gracious after another tough loss in the ship and I have the utmost respect for them! SUPER players and SUPER individuals! Best of luck in your future endeavors whatever they may be.
And to the KNIGHTS.......What an amazing ending to an amazing season! To say Im proud is such an understatement! I have watched you all grow so much over the last 7-8 years from youth league to jv and hs! You all have a very special place in my heart and I love you all like my own! Loud and Proud.....The 2014 1A STATE CHAMPION ROBBINSVILLE BLACK KNIGHTS!!

I sat on the Plymouth side since that's the side I parked on and it was in the sun. A highlight was the Plymouth band. Very talented and their dance girls were as energetic as anyone.

I thought that #3 and #11 had good speed for Robbinsville and one of the LBs, perhaps #8? Beyond that, I thought that Plymouth had better speed and their two defensive ends were bigger than anyone on Robbinsville OL.

The other thing that struck me was how big Robbinsville's crowd was. The entire population of Robbinsville is like 600 and the county maybe 8000 and they had at least 1500 people there, maybe more. That's what a culture of winning does for you.
Are you saying that Plymouths Defensive ends were bigger than 6-3 305lbs?

I wasn't at the game or did I watch it but Robbinsville was the second most physical team we played behind Franklin this year. They are tough and nasty in a good way. They do play chippy and have for years but that is part of being physical. I personally like that style of play and at times thinks it borders on the line that some might call dirty but again it comes with the territory of being an overly physical team. Congrats to the Black Knights on sealing the deal. You guys had a very good team this year.

As a Time-Warner Cable customer, I was able to watch at least some of each of the eight championship games. Great coverage by the TV crews as usual. I have to say that the 1st half of the 1A game was as good as any of the football I watched this weekend. Both teams were as good as advertised and from what I saw, the team that wanted it the most won the game. Sure there were a few chippy moments in the game but I would say they were about even for both teams.

A for VIKINGFAN08, man you inserted your big old proverbial foot in your mouth and are choking on your own toe jam. How about spitting that nasty stuff out and while you're at it give a little love to a great, undefeated, 16-0 championship team. Until you do that you are gonna have very little credibility on this site.

Originally posted by WhoaMule:

Around these parts that is called football. Robbinsville plays as physical as the game allows. Those slights you mention are nothing unless the officials call them. Robbinsville was by far the more physical team, and Plymouth (IMO as I saw it) seemed outmanned at times. It is about as simple as that as I saw it. While you think you might have brought better athletes to the game, Robbinsville brought the better team, that had played a far tougher schedule and road to get to the SC game. While the competition in 1a west is much tougher and Robbinsville may or may not return in 2015, Plymouth probably will....Who else IS there in Eastern 1A?
You hit it on the head. The SMC is a fight to the death, every year, and teams that come out of the SMC, are hardened.

Obviously the difference between dirty and chippy are lost by VikingFan08.

Newsflash, they don't play finesse powderpuff style in the mountains in 1A. You best be prepared to hit, something Plymouth couldn't handle without calling it dirty.

Originally posted by BigSkyCountry:

I am going to back you up here. Robbinsville plays with a chip on their shoulder as does Swain. I think the gauntlet that is the SMC regular season turns sweet kids into angry men. I don't necessarily think the "dirty" play is intentional, but a fight for you life until the ref drags you off of your opponent. It is just hard nosed smash mouth football. That is how Swain beats teams that are reportedly more athletic, and this year it was Robbinsville. I would say that any team that comes out of the SMC 16-0 is going to be battle tested and fight to the death. Ripping, pulling, smashing, kicking, thrashing, ... smash mouth mountain football.
I about spit my morning coffee all over the keyboard. That is funny right there lol.

We had that place rocking. From the very start of the game No one from Robbinsville sit down. Standing a raising helk is what we did. It was great with the big crowd and it felt like a home game.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:

We had that place rocking. From the very start of the game No one from Robbinsville sit down. Standing a raising helk is what we did. It was great with the big crowd and it felt like a home game.
BK, I agree with ya'll were making some noise! I could hear it at times over the broadcast, I just wish the NCHSAA could move the 1A and 1AA to a smaller environment were the crowd can become more of the game. The Stadiums that host the games now are great, but a crowd under 5000 ppl doesn't do the game Justice in such a large stadium.

Great game and I'm happy for the whole Black Knight Nation, thanks for keeping that title in the SMC. Now let's see what ya'll can do for next season too. It's either Black n Silver or Black N Gold..... Best wishes from this Devil.

Vikingfan08, SMC football is not meant for sissy's. That's what makes the SMC so great. Every week you either smack your opponent in the mouth or your gonna get smacked in the mouth. Tighten those chin straps up tight boys lol. Congrats to the Knights.

VikingFAN08...And other Viking whiners...If you can see all of the things you and the other disgruntled fan
described, I suggest you don the zebra suits, and get out there, because
you must have better eyesight from the stands than what the seven officials
5' away were seeing.

Here in the Smoky Mtn Conference, there is a reason we have more CHAMPIONS than any other conference in NC - SMC boys are taught from an early age "you don't quit until the whistle is blown, and it is only a late hit AFTER the whistle is blown." They are taught as long as the ball is in play to wear their opponents down. They are also taught if you can't make a text book style tackle, them sling them down by the jersey or do whatever it takes to get the ball runner stopped if that is what it takes; run over them if you are carrying the ball, and if you have to hit them so hard they turn a flip in the air to get them stopped - do it. They are taught to make their opponent remember getting ran over and to put that one bit of fear into them so they hesitate on the next play. Yes, they are taught the fundamentals of football, but they are also taught to fight hard for what they want.

I'm sorry if you disagree with mountain style / smash mouth football, but this is how all kids west of the Balsam Mountains play ball. If you want to watch some real football, come out here on a Friday night to any of our stadiums in the shadows of these mountains where mountain men grew up and learned to fight to survive and we will show you how real smash-mouth, iron man football is played. Our hard-nosed fighting to get what what we want is a tradition older than football itself. Why do you think Robbinsville, Murphy, and Swain always have one or two teams in Raleigh this time of year. We don't tap out nor do we recognize the the gesture.

And if you think your team is played pristine sportsmanship, had a player in THIS conference sling his helmet off and acted like yours did, he WOULD have been ejected from the game - SMC Conference officials don't put up with that kind of poor sportsmanship, and you don't see it from any of our kids in this conference. By the way, I noticed many times when both the teams lined up at the ball, BK players were reaching across the neutral zone before they got set, and shook hands with your players. SMC football teaches respect, but they also teach our young men how to fight for what they believe in. There is an old saying here in the mountains, "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay under the porch."

This post was edited on 12/14 5:14 PM by KNIGHT OF OLD

This post was edited on 12/14 5:37 PM by KNIGHT OF OLD

I thought #3 really ran hard. Nice back to have.

I am old and have seen a bunch of great backs in the mountains from Murphy to Sylva Webster to Pisgah but the the best back I ever saw before I moved was a back around the late 70s maybe early 80s from Robbinsville. Rickey Stiles or Ricky Styles? That guy really had quick feet. Steve Streater like feet.

First of all, Night of Old, that was a great post. As for this Viking Guy or who ever you are, maybe you should take up Soccer!
I played in the SMC in the late 80's. All teams were taught to be physical and to do what it took to win. My Buford Wolves down here in Georgia play the same type FOOTBALL, not soccer, that they play in the NC mountains! And we just won our 11th State Championship!

Viking fan08, it is only illegal if the officials call it. As for the TV not showing everything I disagree. When I was coaching there were many instances that I thought happened one way but when I looked at the game film I actually found out tthat it happened the opposite way. Do officials miss things. Sure they do, but most of the time they even out.

I thought #3 really ran hard. Nice back to have.

I am old and have seen a bunch of great backs in the mountains from Murphy to Sylva Webster to Pisgah but the the best back I ever saw before I moved was a back around the late 70s maybe early 80s from Robbinsville. Rickey Stiles or Ricky Styles? That guy really had quick feet. Steve Streater like feet.
Ricky is said to be the best by some folk. I dont remember him but he must have been really good. Of the Backs I have seen I would have to say McCracken, Cruz, and Odom. Odom was the best with Cruz and McCracken close behind. Also, if Skylar wasnt playing QB I think he could be in the mix. This is his first year starting at QB. Last year he play some FB.

SMC Fan From GA ... I am also a SMC fan in ga just up the road from Buford ... I watch the game Sat where the Buford Wolfs smacked their opponents around just like back home LOL

Originally posted by SMCFAN:

Originally posted by BigSkyCountry:

I about spit my morning coffee all over the keyboard. That is funny right there lol.
Yeah, some of these mountain boys are spreading it on a little thick.....lol

Originally posted by vikingfan08:
Kevin, you are welcome to your opinion, It was a GREAT game to witness. But my vision is pretty good, and I saw too many extracurricular shots! Twisting of ankles, pulls on the helmets while on the ground. Not sure is you were at the game, but I was. The t.v doesnt show everything. I didn't say it wasn't a great game, I just refuse to give them recognition for the victory. I'm one person, and my opinion means nothing to anybody but me, I had no problem congratulating Murphy last year, and would of had no problem doing the same this year, but I refuse.. Sorry, its just how I feel.
Just a guess but I bet you didnt see you guy grab our guy(#3) by the bottom of the helment with both hand and bring him to the ground. Did you? Just a few plays later #3 for Rville returned the favor but took the helment with him. That is how you do it. The refs should of call both of those but didnt. The blonde kid on your team was throwing helments and punches. In the SMC that would of got you kicked from the game. Quit being a baby. I am sure you will be back in the ship next year. How hard could it be when your playing in 1a L-East. This is you in Plymouth blue --->
sad0002.r191677.gif

Talk about a SORE LOSER! I don't know where you dream this stuff up! See you flatlanders need to learn the difference between hitting hard and dirty play. I'm pretty sure them boys never been hit like that before. You need to do your team a favor and keep your mouth shut! Knocking someone on their a$$ and then extending a hand in helping them up is not playing dirty it's Football! Maybe if you don't like seeing your boys get it hit they should stick to basketball!
I thought the Vikings played a great game. There are big, fast, and well coached. They shut the black knights down in the second half!

Look guys, I was a little pissed at the final outcome of this game. I thought we had our chances and didn't make enough plays. I thought the play calling got us a few times. But all in all, it was exactly how I figured it to be, except we weren't on the winning end. As far as physical play, I have no problem with that. Maybe I stretched it a litttle, lol.. I'm not going back on my word, but I will swallow my pride an say that RVILLE had a really good team, who took advantage of some sloppy plays by the VIKINGS which it what you are suppose to do. That field was full of really good players on both sides and I thought it was the best game of the weekend! I will eat my crow, and swallow my pride and apologize for what I said, I have sat back an thought about it long enough. For all of you who weren't there, you missed a GREAT GAME between to 2 GREAT teams and I'm sorry you missed it. If you didn't think it was that close, just look at the stats!
10863916_10152961853314254_3379691561341418676_o.jpg

It was a great game. A game of two half with Rville winning the first half and Plymouth winning the second half. Sorry if I said anything to tic you off.

Look guys, I was a little pissed at the final outcome of this game. I thought we had our chances and didn't make enough plays. I thought the play calling got us a few times. But all in all, it was exactly how I figured it to be, except we weren't on the winning end. As far as physical play, I have no problem with that. Maybe I stretched it a litttle, lol.. I'm not going back on my word, but I will swallow my pride an say that RVILLE had a really good team, who took advantage of some sloppy plays by the VIKINGS which it what you are suppose to do. That field was full of really good players on both sides and I thought it was the best game of the weekend! I will eat my crow, and swallow my pride and apologize for what I said, I have sat back an thought about it long enough. For all of you who weren't there, you missed a GREAT GAME between to 2 GREAT teams and I'm sorry you missed it. If you didn't think it was that close, just look at the stats!
10863916_10152961853314254_3379691561341418676_o.jpg
Trust me I've had to say forgive me many a times, when you really love this game it gets under your blood and man I don't know about ya'll but I can get pissed off fast..... But that's why we should forgive just as quickly, for no one means any harm to each other.

I was at the game and I can tell you that Plymouth was one of the worst coached teams I have ever seen. They had so much more talent than Robbinsville but NO heart. All they did was run sweeps to the right and left the entire game. When they finally used their speed advantage in the 4th qtr and went to the shotgun they score in two plays. Hats of to Robbinsville for playing with pure heart.

Originally posted by Ramnasty:

I was at the game and I can tell you that Plymouth was one of the worst coached teams I have ever seen. They had so much more talent than Robbinsville but NO heart. All they did was run sweeps to the right and left the entire game. When they finally used their speed advantage in the 4th qtr and went to the shotgun they score in two plays. Hats of to Robbinsville for playing with pure heart.
You can say what you want about the coaching, but you are crazy to say we didn't play with heart!! You are the only person that watched the game that would say that!

Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but to say the VIKINGS played with no heart?? That is hilarious!

Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but to say the VIKINGS played with no heart?? That is hilarious!
Do you think they were coached good. ANY decent team could have stopped that offense they were running. It was the same every single time.

Do you think they were coached good. ANY decent team could have stopped that offense they were running. It was the same every single time.
I don't have a dog in this fight but how do you account for the fact that Plymouth had more total yards than Robbinsville? Sounds like they stopped Robbinsville better than Robbinsville stopped Plymouth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT