ADVERTISEMENT

VIKINGFAN08's PARTING SHOTS

Originally posted by Ramnasty:
Originally posted by vikingfan08:

Originally posted by Ramnasty:

I was at the game and I can tell you that Plymouth was one of the worst coached teams I have ever seen. They had so much more talent than Robbinsville but NO heart. All they did was run sweeps to the right and left the entire game. When they finally used their speed advantage in the 4th qtr and went to the shotgun they score in two plays. Hats of to Robbinsville for playing with pure heart.
Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but to say the VIKINGS played with no heart?? That is hilarious!
Do you think they were coached good. ANY decent team could have stopped that offense they were running. It was the same every single time.
You can have your opinion on the coaches, but to say the VIKINGS played with no heart? That is CRAZY!!

This post was edited on 12/15 4:17 PM by vikingfan08

Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but to say the VIKINGS played with no heart?? That is hilarious!

IF you think that is hilarious, here is something that will bust a gut. I don't know about "heart" but it was obvious Plymouth players didn't much like to get hit at the rate they were getting.

This has been a fun thread to follow. I watched the game online and it was a hard fought game by both teams. In a way although I do not agree with him I can see why Viking08 started this thread. I can remember going to the Swain vs Ayden Grifton game with my son during the 2011 State Championships and my 1rst impression of Swain's team was "what a bunch of dirty little ba#$%^rds. Then I remembered some of my teammates from the 80s from the SMC schools. Football is war to these kids!! That is how they were brought up.

I coached youth football for several years and the one thing that crawled my skin more than anything was a kid coming up to me during a game and saying "he is cheap shotting me". My response??? Knock the sh$%%$t out of them. Yes I told 11 and 12 year old kids that. Don't get me wrong I was very concerned for the welfare of my kids and when I saw illegal hits to take knees out or to the head I was the 1rst to let the refs know but punches thrown at a bottom of a pile happens. You fight violence with violence!!!! Never told the kids to cheap shot back but "KNOCK THE S#$$%T OUT OF THEM WITHIN THE RULES!!! That is how you combat that and yes football should be a fight!!!

From reading the post in this thread and seeing the game here is the way I see it:

*To say Plymouth played with no heart is blasphemy!!! The kids fought hard to get back in the game and played to the end.
*Robbinsville was the more physical team. Did not see the rosters but Robbinsville looked bigger. #32 looked like a monster and all the Rville kids hit hard and played hard.
*Quit saying that eastern teams have more speed as a rule and mountain teams are way more physical as a rule!!! Was not the case in this game. Plymouth was not a a lot faster than Rville if at all and especially on defense and yes I mentioned Rville was more physical but not by that much. Rville was just nastier with a chip on their shoulder!!! Not a black/white thing as I feel some make it out to be on these boards. There are a lot of white kids that are fast and there are a lot of hard hitting physical black kids. More black kids on eastern teams and some of them hit like trucks and more white kids on mountain teams and some of them can run like deer. Like I said as far as the physical part Rville had more of a chip on their shoulder.

You can say what you want to about SMC football (and I am an outsider looking in far away from the SMC) but I say they get it and has always got it and I think 1A principals and athletic directors across the state need to take a closer look. A successful football season sets the tone for your school year!!! Winning football and getting the community behind you brings in more money for all your other athletic programs.!!! Nobody can match the tradition of the SMC but you can match the commitment and I see very few small schools and their communities across the state willing to do that.

wcu1988 that is a good post and a correct post. As far as these kids not playing with no heart is so unfair to say. I shook hands with a bunch of humble kids with tears in their eyes and they were very gracious in defeat. Great Game by both teams.

Yes, Plymouth had a few more yards but..... Robbinsville D bent but didnt break. Plymouth only scored once on a long drive. The first td and FG came from the 30 after a turnover and a long kick return. Rville stopped Plymouth when the ball got near the Endzone. Just look at how many 3rd and 4th down stops Rville had. That is unreal. Alot of teams could score on us if they started at the 30. Thats hard to stop.

Plymouth has shown plenty of heart in 3 straight title games. No one who has watched those 3 games can question their heart. they were down 14-0 and came back.

And ive said it before that people think these SMC teams are taking plow mules to the big show, when in fact the SMC has been sending thoroughbreds for a long time. Rville's qb and rb are among the best skill players in the state.

And Cruz leg never has been right after the cherokee game. When he runs it looks like he hops with every step with that foot. But he is still good with a bum ankle. And Skylar has really been great this year. I would of like to seen Skylar play QB the last two years also.

As I said with my first post, Plymouth kids played hard. They were down 14-0 and Robbinsville had the ball back and they fought. To say they didn't play with heart is as ridiculous as Viking's initial post. Both teams played hard and I think if you asked the guys on the field they would say it was a hard fought, clean game regardless what the brave message board has beens are posting.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Originally posted by knine1:

Plymouth has shown plenty of heart in 3 straight title games. No one who has watched those 3 games can question their heart. they were down 14-0 and came back.

And ive said it before that people think these SMC teams are taking plow mules to the big show, when in fact the SMC has been sending thoroughbreds for a long time. Rville's qb and rb are among the best skill players in the state.
I agree...It was a great game to watch, and I watched the entire game from start to finish...Robbinsville's defense did bend at times, but they also stopped(I counted) the Vikings on 5 different 4th down situations....I said on another thread that I thought the Robbinsville defense is what had improved the most toward the end of the season, and that proved to be the case in the state title game...As for Plymouth, I thought that they played hard throughout the game, but Matheson and Galaviz made the crucial plays at the right time, especially Matheson on that QB keeper for a TD in the final minute of the half, which had to be a gut punch for the Vikings who had battled-back from that 14-0 hole that the Black Knights put them in....The play by Galaviz in the last 2 minutes just put an exclamation point on this season for the Black Knights as he was not going to be denied on that 4th and 3....As for the poster that mentioned Ricky Styles from Robbinsville?....I remember going over to Cullowhee back in the early 80's to watch the Rebels and QB Todd Cottrell take on the Black Knights and Styles in a key SMC game....Robbinsville won that night, and Styles had a long TD run that night....He was a special player.....As for the Matheson kid, he reminded me somewhat of the Williams kid(Kaleb) back in 99' that beat Thomasville single-handedly in the 3rd round of the playoffs at Big Oaks Stadium, and Bulldog Coach Allen Brown stated as much in the paper the following day... That was another Robbinsville game that I witnessed back in 1999....There were 4 dynamic senior football players on the field last saturday in Raleigh in Matheson and Galaviz for Robbinsville and Hollingsworth and Webb for Plymouth, and all four young men left it on the field in their final high school football game, and that is what I will remember about this title game.....

Again congrats to both teams on their respective seasons and especially the Robbinsville Black Knights who captured their 13th overall state title on saturday!

SMC football lessons...

1) Play through the echo of the whistle. Don't anticipate it blowing.
2) Don't stand 'round the pile.
3) Keep your head on a swivel.
4) Be the hammer; not the nail.
5) You aren't out there to make friends; you can be nice to each other when you are out of eligibility.
6) Play with a little "edge".
7) Paybacks are a .... well, y'all know lol...

...and that was just practice LOL

This whole thread has cracked me up.
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/16 9:09 AM by SMCFAN

This post was edited on 12/16 9:12 AM by SMCFAN

I would like to add a few thoughts about the game.....#11 Skyler Matheson was probably sacked more times in this game than any other this year - that says a lot for your defensive and probably is the main contributor to Robbinsville low yardage numbers (watch the game film and you will see it frustrated him and he let his fellow black knights know it.) Plymouth's coaches had the upmost confidence in their offense - how many times do you see a coach go for it on fourth down; having the coaches showing that much confidence in their team sends a great motivating message to their players. You brought a really good team to Raleigh - get your young men accustomed to playing moutain style football with the speed they have and they would be one of the top contenders in the SMC. Historically, we have heard from teams in the eastern part of the state mention that hey hadn't been hit as hard as they were hit from SMC teams. You have a good team and coaches sending them good messages in how they coached the game. Being a "zebra" once myself, I can say we don't see all of it, let a lot of minor things slide both ways, and the decision not to eject your player was most likely the officials realizing this was probably the last game this young man would pay in for his school, and he should be allowed to finish what he started back in the summer since no one was hurt.

Soccer...what the heck is soccer? The closest thing to what we play here in the mountains is that British game where they all get in one big huddle, (with no helmets) and kick an oblong ball to each other!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT