ADVERTISEMENT

Union Academy @ MA

Buzz is mt airy visitor side still small? Last time I went to Mt airy was when albemarle played there like 10 years ago and if I remember correctly visitor side was small. Didn't know what it looked like now since its been forever since I've been there.

It's same. We do have state of are video scoreboard like most colleges have. But v side I smaller than home side and our press box is pitiful. We do have 2 feild houses also. Definitely need few more bleachers and feild house. Would love turf feild.

This in one of those playoff games if I were the coach I believe I would have opted out and taken the boys out to a team dinner or something Friday night.
Thing is to me while there's a risk in any game of someone getting hurt but you have games like this were you're playing a playoff game were it's a foregone conclusion and playing an extra to me an unnecessary game with the regular season over ,were you can have injuries on both sides. I don't want a boy getting hurt no matter what wether they play other sports or not but looking at it from a sports perspective you probably have boys who play multiple sports on UA who can get hurt in this game and not be able to participate in upcoming basketball or wrestling and there are some schools who aren't good at football but are in other sports. Same for MA but you also have there the added chance of losing a key player or players in the first half which could cost them in the next rounds.

This in one of those playoff games if I were the coach I believe I would have opted out and taken the boys out to a team dinner or something Friday night.
Thing is to me while there's a risk in any game of someone getting hurt but you have games like this were you're playing a playoff game were it's a foregone conclusion and playing an extra to me an unnecessary game with the regular season over ,were you can have injuries on both sides. I don't want a boy getting hurt no matter what wether they play other sports or not but looking at it from a sports perspective you probably have boys who play multiple sports on UA who can get hurt in this game and not be able to participate in upcoming basketball or wrestling and there are some schools who aren't good at football but are in other sports. Same for MA but you also have there the added chance of losing a key player or players in the first half which could cost them in the next rounds.
Union is one of several teams that simply shouldn’t be on the playoffs. 4 rounds was plenty but the NCHSAA just had to have that extra money

Union is one of several teams that simply shouldn’t be on the playoffs. 4 rounds was plenty but the NCHSAA just had to have that extra money
Well I do disagree with NCHSAA having a 64 team bracket in 1A but they did leave the option to not participate like Rosman did, so I think UA should have done the same thing.

Reactions: Griddie
Well I do disagree with NCHSAA having a 64 team bracket in 1A but they did leave the option to not participate like Rosman did, so I think UA should have done the same thing.
Maybe 48 teams in 1a would work. 24 each side with the top 8..each side…getting byes in the first round.

There’s pros and cons for every playoff scenario….most likely!😔

Hell yes we brag on our kids!!!!!!!!!!!!
No doubt never heard so much hype over a so so team , they are not as good as u make out ! Hell you and East go undefeated this point every year , they run points up on sorry teams every year , that’s a known fact , holder style .

Won’t see a single poster on here if they get that tail smacked and hope they do ! Best shot you guys had is when u had Donovan there and still could only cough up 7 points , you guys keep bragging , several teams are eatin it up !

You know nothing about Holder. Never ran a score up on any team in his whole career. Never called for a 30 yard pass late in game up by 20 points. How many points has ES scored on those helpless teams this year. Momma has breakfast ready for you. Go eat

Reactions: buzzcoach
No doubt never heard so much hype over a so so team , they are not as good as u make out ! Hell you and East go undefeated this point every year , they run points up on sorry teams every year , that’s a known fact , holder style .
Hell Lowman can be up 42-0 4th qrt and I have seen starters in throwing ball. That's bull. We That's running damn score up. So sick of the stupid said on this message board. As for ES sent a message to one of my friends and said MA was 4 TDs better than ES this year on the film he watched.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I was taking some trash to the convenience center and saw a gentleman with an East Surry sweat shirt. I said to him, I bet I know where you will be Friday night. He responded and we started talking and, low an behold, I remember seeing him play high school basketball....at and for Surry Central. (I do not want to identify this individual any further because he is well known and has a high profile at one of the county schools.)

Guess who he will be pulling for Friday night, East Surry, Mt Airy, Surry Central, North Surry and Elkin.
Want to know who I will be pulling for Friday night? The exact same teams. They are all our communities kids.

I do not understand how we can love "our kids" so much and hate someone else's. Nothing could make me prouder than for both the Cardinals and the Granite Bears to bring home the State Championships this year.

If you do not feel the same way about the kids in your communities, please take a long hard look in the mirror.

Hell Lowman can be up 42-0 4th qrt and I have seen starters in throwing ball. That's bullshit! That's running damn score up. So sick of the stupid shit said on this message board. As for ES Randy Marion sent a message to one of my friends and said MA was 4 TDs better than ES this year on the film he watched.
Probably true that's reason they suddenly came down with covid second week of schedule

We will pulling for all the kids , East that is , wish ma nothing but bad luck ! The arrogance you people have shown on here this season is unreal !

You guys been hyping up that team for 2 years I know , last season it was all about the superstar qb you had , I even heard from a couple die hard bear fans ask how Iin the world do they think he is that good . I don’t wish any hurt or injuries but I hope they lose , it may do some good to bring u back down to earth .

Your defending parents from mt airy that has talked more trash on here , bragged constantly about how great they are , but yet as soon as they lose , they then want to talk trash about their coach that’s a fact . Spoiled ma biggots they are , if you don’t like it get over it !

Guarantee if they lose , it’ll be just like last season they will want Atkins out , he can’t win the big game or his play calling is awful , that is a fact ! I really think holder still calling the shots though , running up scores on kids is his trademark .

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
If it's called bragging and chest thumping talking about a MA team that only give up 18 points on D in 10 games, 10-0 conference champs and one of the favored to win state then I guess we chest thumping. Proud proud of our kids!!!!!

East has had a cake walk schedule this year just as we have had playing some of the same teams we have but allowing more points
Guarantee if they lose , it’ll be just like last season they will want Atkins out , he can’t win the big game or his play calling is awful , that is a fact ! I really think holder still calling the shots though , running up scores on kids is his trademark .

Man, I love reading folk's opinions and most of the time enjoy a little trash talk. But if you don't know Coach Holder personally and I have a hard time believing you do then you really shouldn't be taking a shot at him. He is the epitome of class and any coach that has coached with him or against him will tell you the same thing. It's one thing to come on here and stir the pot and a totally different one to post an ignorant statement that puts down someone who does things the right way. It's fine if you don't like him or his school but don't take a shot at him professionally because of it.

If it's called bragging and chest thumping talking about a MA team that only give up 18 points on D in 10 games, 10-0 conference champs and one of the favored to win state then I guess we chest thumping. Proud proud of our kids!!!!!
Wow ! They have Beat some stiff competition.

• Haha
Reactions: Mbulld
Man, I love reading folk's opinions and most of the time enjoy a little trash talk. But if you don't know Coach Holder personally and I have a hard time believing you do then you really shouldn't be taking a shot at him. He is the epitome of class and any coach that has coached with him or against him will tell you the same thing. It's one thing to come on here and stir the pot and a totally different one to post an ignorant statement that puts down someone who does things the right way. It's fine if you don't like him or his school but don't take a shot at him professionally because of it.
Truth hurts , tons of people say it !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT