ADVERTISEMENT

Undefeated Bunker Hill @ Reidsville

So, you think home team should be based on who has the best record?

Now that would most definitely encourage teams to schedule only cupcakes. Which is exactly the opposite your argument that teams should not play easy schedules to gain home field advantage in the playoffs.

Which is exactly the opposite your argument that teams should not play easy schedules to gain home field advantage in the playoffs.
Or do you just make your arguments based on who you want to win at any given time?

Take a nap and watch the game tonight on the NHSF network. It's only about $11/month including taxes.
"So, you think home team should be based on who has the best record?"

Uh....Well yeah! Dont you? Last week we were discussing the RPI rating. which apparently benefitted Reidsville. What is the RPI rating of Shelby vs Reidsville? Using that calculation where should this game be played? Or does the record now become the sole determining factor?

"Now that would most definitely encourage teams to schedule only cupcakes."

You dont mean to tell us! Isnt that exactly what I have been saying since the first post on this thread?
"Which is exactly the opposite your argument that teams should not play easy schedules to gain home field advantage in the playoffs."
I am saying (based on facts and numbers) that Reidsville does a better job structuring their NC schedule than just about anybody else in the state, at least in the western bracket. (IDK much about the eastern teams, I dont follow them.) As I said, its a good system.

"Or do you just make your arguments based on who you want to win at any given time?"

I didnt care if BOTH Reidsville and BH won or lost Friday night. My opinion as i have repeatedly said is based on facts, numbers and observation of many years. Their activity buses assigned to Reidsville must have the lowest miles on them of any in the state. I mean its hard to get 10=11 games at home year after year, isnt it? It takes more than just a good team to achieve that!.. It takes a system.

• Wow
Reactions: tarheel fan1
I actually did make it up to Reidsville on Friday. Not sure where to begin......

Whoever's in charge of the Ram offense is a lucky guy. It must be nice to have a plethora of freakish athletes at your disposal. Neal and Flippen are real life versions of the Roadrunner. Jones isn't too far behind either. Also, you can soften things up with Wilderman running the ball. Wilderman impressed me as much as anyone else. The guy's built like a young Chute Boxe Hero.

First time ever seeing Keondre Harrison in the flesh. All I can say is......UNREAL. The Wilt Chamberlain of North Carolina high school football. The next Julius Peppers maybe? What a weapon. Took at least three Bunker Hill guys to bring him down every time. Harrison was wreaking havoc on BH"s O-line and backfield. With all the talent he showed, the biggest thing that surprised/impressed me was his upper body strength. He pushed that massive left tackle of BH's back into the backfield a couple of times. Ridiculous that he's only a sophomore.

What a game from Flippen! Three picks and a touchdown.

I can definitely see why Bunker Hill was undefeated coming into this one. Massive O-line. I had to remind myself that I was watching Bunker Hill and not Lenoir-Rhyne. QB has a nice, nice touch on the ball. And Jason Willis flat out does not give up on runs. Reminded me of Pacheco at Kansas City. That fumble deep in their own territory and that dropped pass in the red zone will haunt them for a while.

A couple of other things I have to mention......

That was one of the best atmospheres/greatest crowds I've ever witnessed. Felt like a college atmosphere at times. I got to the stadium around 5:45 and the line was already backed out to Eden. I think Bunker Hill might have brought the entire population of Claremont. They had the visitor stands almost full around 6:15.

Reidsville's turf looks fantastic. I forgot that they did that.

I actually did make it up to Reidsville on Friday. Not sure where to begin......

Whoever's in charge of the Ram offense is a lucky guy. It must be nice to have a plethora of freakish athletes at your disposal. Neal and Flippen are real life versions of the Roadrunner. Jones isn't too far behind either. Also, you can soften things up with Wilderman running the ball. Wilderman impressed me as much as anyone else. The guy's built like a young Chute Boxe Hero.

First time ever seeing Keondre Harrison in the flesh. All I can say is......UNREAL. The Wilt Chamberlain of North Carolina high school football. The next Julius Peppers maybe? What a weapon. Took at least three Bunker Hill guys to bring him down every time. Harrison was wreaking havoc on BH"s O-line and backfield. With all the talent he showed, the biggest thing that surprised/impressed me was his upper body strength. He pushed that massive left tackle of BH's back into the backfield a couple of times. Ridiculous that he's only a sophomore.

I can definitely see why Bunker Hill was undefeated coming into this one. Massive O-line. I had to remind myself that I was watching Bunker Hill and not Lenoir-Rhyne. QB has a nice, nice touch on the ball. And Jason Willis flat out does not give up on runs. Reminded me of Pacheco at Kansas City. That fumble deep in their own territory and that dropped pass in the red zone will haunt them for a while.
Actually Flippen had 2 interceptions and Neal had 2. Having both healthy makes it very hard on offensive coordinators.
At times it can be hard to feed all the deserving players on offense. Having Cobb, Neal, Harrison, Flippen and Jones is pretty fun. Not to mention having Widerman, Mansfield and J9 are 3 more legit weapons.
Glad you enjoyed the experience. The renovations are really nice. The crowd was fantastic.

Last edited:
Actually Flippen had 1 interception and Neal had 2. Having both healthy makes it very hard on offensive coordinators.
At times it can be hard to feed all the deserving players on offense. Having Cobb, Neal, Harrison, Flippen and Jones is pretty fun. Not to mention having Widerman, Mansfield and J9 are 3 more legit weapons.
Glad you enjoyed the experience. The renovations are really nice. The crowd was fantastic.
Actually Flippen had 2 picks and Neal 2. Neal had the one at the goal line and also the pick 6 late in the game.

A couple of other things I have to mention......

That was one of the best atmospheres/greatest crowds I've ever witnessed. Felt like a college atmosphere at times. I got to the stadium around 5:45 and the line was already backed out to Eden. I think Bunker Hill might have brought the entire population of Claremont. They had the visitor stands almost full around 6:15.

Reidsville's turf looks fantastic. I forgot that they did that.

It was a great atmosphere that could only be topped by what should be another packed house this Friday.

Easy there Hero. The Shelby posters read this thread and you run the risk of maybe causing some of them a little heartburn;. :cool: :rolleyes:;)

Actually Flippen had 2 interceptions and Neal had 2. Having both healthy makes it very hard on offensive coordinators.
Glad you enjoyed the experience. The renovations are really nice. The crowd was fantastic
All 4 picks accredited to the BH QB more so than the defense. His throws left a lot to be desired. I could have picked off all 4 of those....they were basically passes thrown up for grabs. We don't play that kind of ball. Route specific throws. We will see how that secondary is come Friday.

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
All 4 picks accredited to the BH QB more so than the defense. His throws left a lot to be desired. I could have picked off all 4 of those....they were basically passes thrown up for grabs. We don't play that kind of ball. Route specific throws. We will see how that secondary is come Friday.
So Flippen jumping a slant route was a ball that was floated. Neal out manning a bigger reciever at goaline was the qb? Get real dude. You don’t know football at all.

Reactions: Dinglebear
Deep Thoughts by Stuart Smalley

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT